Posts by perrotusa

It is too early, it needs be above 650 million

Honestly, it's been way too long. I don't know about this one.

well

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh my girl released their album preview, the title track sounds really fun, i could see it hit big on the charts. The bsides are heavily EDM influenced and none of them really stood out for me so i dont see them getting a nonstop/dolphin perfomance again.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I really think the label needs to make a call to focus on domestic or western chart.

For me, i would think at this point twice needs to regain their footing on kcharts. So it makes more sense for wed release than a friday one. Especially seeing how badly MITM is charting right now (it is also a reflection of losing popularity/hype)

why not release on monday like they've done since debut then...

There's still hope for MITM.

I feel that if they able to win some music shows rhis week, they could get some noise/exposure.

Seeing how badly MITM perform on a friday release, and yet JYP still has the nerve to release twice new song on friday :sweatr1:

Actually twice new song will probably come out on wednesday and the physical on friday as they are two dates.

Wednesday is ok for gaon cause it loose 2.5 days of charting only but its terrible for hot 100. Assuming they were aiming for a western push with the physical release on friday, releasing the song on wednesday is a literall sabotage

Never heard Cheer Up before but i am not here downplaying it am I :zipr:

You arent korean, but the korean people you stan surely heard it and enjoyed it, they know all the lyrics by heart! Not only them too, pretty much all idols were doing shy shy shy. Actually, not just idols, korean gp was doing it in 2016 and in 2019 too again. Cheer up is the biggest idol hit song of 3rd gen.

Exactly, stats are fun but people need to be marked by the song.

Is it hard to accept that Cheer Up is 3rd Gen's biggest hit? Cheer Up was everywhere considering Twice's fandom was so small that time (means no mass streaming or whatsoever just pure success). Spring Day just have longevity because bts contantly releases new songs that pushes Spring Day into the chart. In fact in 2017 numbers alone, Really Really by Winner has better numbers than Spring Day even Spring Day released 2 months earlier.

Seems like the consensus is Spring Day or Cheer Up.

I think the top 3 is LS, CU and Dynamite.

SD is mentioned in Gallup polls tho? And the lyrics are recognized across multiple age groups? Calling a song the continues to chart in the top 50 for years after release a "minor hit" compared to other songs that don't have the same performance is ridiculous.

Didnt Cheer Up enter gallup as well?

Also i like how out of my entire post you just pointed out that, must mean im right ^^

What i said is that it perfoms like a minor hit that lasts forever, as it even enter melon top 20 for longer than a few months?

It has the longevity, but it certainly did not mark and reach as much people as songs who topped charts for months like LS D4 Dynamite or CU

As a TWICE fan, this may come off as biased but i do not think Spring Day is bigger than Cheer Up.

Spring Day is called the biggest national hit cause of its longevity but they're was never any craze around it.

You dont have grandmas dancing to it like they did for Dynamite or Cheer Up.

I think Cheer Up, Love Scenario, Dynamite and even to a certain extend D4 are all bigger than Spring Day because the song marked people and was crazy viral. For me it seems like Spring Day is just a hit. There's nothing about it that stands out.

Spring Day is like a minor hit that lasts forever in the top 40 wherehas other songs i mentionned topped the charts for months and are known by far more people than songs who stay in top 40.

Im ready to bet money that if you were to survey people on the streets, they'd remember Cheer Up, LS, D4 and Dynamite more than SD. Even if SD charted 3x times longer than thoses songs, im sure people would recognize a "Shy Shy Shy" or a "Hit you with that D4" more than SD

Love Scenario and CU are still mentionned in variety shows frequently.

Longevity is overrated. A song barely entering top 10 but having 50 weeks+ is not a bigger hit than a song with a huge start and loads of paks

I dont think cfm charted under bubbling I see nothing

dont itzy has better spotify streams thant twice? if itzy chart we could see how twice could do

both can reach bb200 btw, its super easy and even loona got there

about itzy, their teasers arent really trending in yt korea, I know they are short but so are from other groups and they tend to trend so idk how they will do in korea

no they dont, it always depends on the quality of the releases but twice songs do better in general on spotify. I cant stop me is catching up really quickly to Wannabe.