Posts by 4d-maknae

You can think this or think that, but in the end, it's all about the results. The result is, they are steadily gaining a fan base (backed by data) and that's all that matters. Why does it even matter if Weeekly and StayC surpassed Everglow in sales (Which they haven't yet)?

If Korea doesn't like Everglow, fine. A K-Pop group doesn't necessarily need the backing of Korea to be successful. Look at dreamcatcher, they are selling well but they ain't getting any streams in Korea either.

Also, I think you missed the point of me comparing Everglow to Ateez. The point is, they both are from NUGU companies but they are making a name for themselves.

Ofc they are growing, nobody denies that, but the question was what's holding them back, and I listed my answers. They aren't growing enough to compete with big 3 newer ggs and neither are outselling the new rookies like weeekly and stayc, so there's clearly something stopping them.

Hanteo lists EG latest album around 35k. Stayc's Staydom is around 60k now and weeekly's we play is surpassing 35k soon. so yeah, outselling both physically and digitally, based on latest songs

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

as you mentioned, DC does poorly in Korea but they sold 100k+ for their last album so that gives them a more"dark horse" vibe than EG, imo

But then again, they didn't comeback for a long time, I'll gladly eat my words if this next cb surpasses the physical and digital sales of the ggs mentioned

don't think so, even if they get a GS it would be difficult due to jype and so many members/concept not appealing to the masses. Girls and boys here follow bp members and listen to them despite not being into kpop because they have the perfect rich, classy and hot image, kinda like the Hadids or Gossip Girl cast. Twice's image has changed but it's not enough for them to be considered as appealing. the girls don't even have personal instagram accs...

People shouldn't compare Everglow with groups from the big companies.

Everglow is like the female version of Ateez. They are a Dark Horse.

Also, I disagree with the fact that Everglow's concept clashes with Blackpink, Itzy, and Aespa. I'm too lazy to explain but listen to all their B-sides and learn their lore. It's much deeper than you think.

They shouldn't but they do.

Everglow as young gg with girl crush/futuristic concepts and loud songs clashes with the big3 ggs, that's how it looks to a casual fan and gp. We don't bother to look into aespa or everglow whole lore or B-sides, so that's the vibe they give off, one similar to all these trendig ggs. And fans tend to stan groups from bigger agencies and they pick one of the 3 others over them, that's why I think they lack a strong fandom

To be compared to ateez they should have either similar digitals or physicals as their peers (ateez sells about the same as treasure, tbz, skz and txt. None of them chart well digitally. Similar members popularity)

Everglow physicals are already surpassed by weeekly and stayc, and these aren't the top ggs from new gen. Their digitals are just poor in Korea. Individual popularity isn't that big. So even if their YT and Spotify numbers are good, I don't think they are what ateez are to other 4th gen bgs

Outside of the fights, I hope SM knows this is what NCT units can actually achieve if they are given the opportunity.

and I hope SM doesn't act stupid by adding members into this unit ( they said it's fixed but SM being SM tho..)

Anyhow, I would like to see how 127 would perform after this ( secretly hoping they would add Winwin back to the unit )

I doubt they will add members to dream but they for sure will redebut 5dream with sungtaro and/or other guys, idk how the fandom will react then...

And i wouldn't want to be here if SM gets crazy and thinks 127 ot10 could break new records just like 7Dream. Wayv fans would get MAD. But who knows, they did include winwin's name on 127 last SG...

I swear yesterday when only dream's physical album preorder sales set records as the second-best after BTS (minus 1st gen), many said that it's just bulk buying and they need to chart well to consider it impressive. Only hours later after their comments about charts, the album started charting great. Now somehow the same people ignored their requirements and came up with future accomplishments to consider them top bg (things in the future that takes time like total Spotify numbers for a unit or holding domes). I still don't see what was so offensive in Sooyoung's thread that some people were so triggered by it and claim it's hating on their favs.

Especially because that thread was about nct or 17 being 3rd (which is a fair comparison) yet bts, superm and 4th gen bgs were inserted in the discussion to dismiss nct success.

I saw ppl yesterday saying that they are at the bottom of digital charts, that their ULs will prove how fandom driven their charting is, "zombie hours" etc but now they got into top 35 with 3 B-sides charting during the morning in Korea, and it's suddenly not enough and Spotify streams!1!1... like any music show or big awards take that into consideration. Some even talked about tours when 2020 was nct big year and nobody could hold concerts, they just ignored the beyond live data

Haters just keep making up new requirements because they are scared of nct power, even a civil question about top bgs ranking ends up with other fandoms teaming up and lumping their faves together as "superior" to nct. Is really funny to see their desperation. Kinda reminds me of certaing gg fandoms making new barriers for bp to break when they started excelling on digital, physicals and brand recognition, scared to claim them #1 gg

So since the reformation on Melon, NCT Dream has out charted every boy group besides BTS?

I think so, idk highlight, CNBlue or shinee (all bgs that can chart) peaks, but Dream is currently near top 30 so I guess they can reach higher peak. Only need to see the longevity to claim them 2nd best charting bg digitally this year. But since 3 B-sides from Hot Sauce are charting in top 100, that makes the success even bigger

Welcome, My Youth!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hot sauce is really that album, breaking both digital and physical records

Diggity new queen, she already outsold 80% of bgs, even past nct title tracks, by charting #98 on the daily chart

Also the ULs numbers looks very good for Hot Sauce

:thumbup:

lol, are delulus still combining 3-4 groups achievements under the same brand to compare to other single group? That's cringey and stupid as F. :pepefacepalm:

I wonder who is doing that? This thread Is about nct as group but based on nct dream (7 member-group) latests achievements. Even without adding resonance numbers, hot sauce alone outsold every group besides bts. 1.7 million of preorders, top 50 melon and even a bside charting inside the top 100. That's why we consider them as top 3 bg contender, since dream is a nct unit

From a bundles tracking page:pasted-from-clipboard.png

Ok so I guess no one I follow shared that, I'll look for some of these merch to buy for myself

still not true that they only sold In the US thanks to bundles, since neo zone + repack moved many copies since the restock happened and resonance proved their selling power with zero bundles. I'd like to see the % of bundles on the total sales of neo zone tho, just to clear info

It did have merch bundles. First one had merch + tour bundles, second one only merch bundles.

Why are you claiming these US sales are legit, when they have no US streams and cant even do well on US itunes? Its clear something shady is going on. Adding SM's penchant for chart manipulation and proven fraud on Billboard...

Something shady going on? Omg you are into conspiracies. Ok, I guess all of nct success is LSM tactic, just fake numbers, oh so scary~

I really can't with some of these replies, I was expecting at least arguments based on facts and numbers but this looks like pure bs to dismiss why the group I don't is like selling well. "Oh evil SM is faking numbers"

If they consistently perform the same way then Yes weekly are. Their viral song puts them in competition.

Spotify and YouTube numbers post first six months filled with ad views are an extremely good indication of international popularity.

Spotify/YT + QQ in China collectively is the best indication of international popularity. The only way your lower Spotify numbers can be balanced is above average performance in China.

Is it really the best way to know international popularity? Why Billboard charts or even tours aren't counted? Because they are fandom-driven? Spotify can help to know which acts have more casual interest on their music there but if others are outranking them on Billboard, online concerts, YouTube Views, Google searchs etc, doesn't that put them below these groups not matter how viral their songs are on a streamig site?

And general top ranking of groups shouldn't only be based on international streams.

You have stayc selling way better physically and digitally in Korea than Weeekly, trending way more, being already nominated for #1 on mushows and having more live votes than itzy, but just because weeekly has the higher spotify numbers they are suddenly a bigger contender for top 4th gen gg than them? That's the logic I see being applied here and I just think ifans overstimate their influence while dismissing other metrics