Posts by stan12345

There's nothing I can say that would change your perspective. I won't even try.

I will continue to enjoy the content Twice is providing and be happy with them. I really wish you could be happy too.

As someone that has been following them from debut I just want them to evolve - I guess newer fans don't mind as much as Twice are still new to them but as someone that has seen them play it safe for years (Twice were renowned for just sticking to the same formula for too long and got their fair share of hate for it), to only still get rookie type promotion 6 years in when they should be moving on is rubbish to me.

The only problem I see is that you think you know better than everyone else about how JYPE should run their groups. I firmly believe that even if JYPE gave them everything you wanted, all the "genuine content", you'd find a way to complain about that too.

Other fandoms would love to have a fraction of the amount of content Twice gives them.

The problem isn't the way JYPE is promoting the group, the problem is your pessimistic perspective of it.

The problem is you haven't refuted anything and seem to be another one that thinks the companies aims align with what fans want so I should be agreeing with everything they do as it must be what I want from the group.

They're an entity with the sole aim of making money for themselves, so what's best for them is making as much money as possible, there's nothing more to it and that's what the points articulate in the OP. In my opinion, Twice are being promoted like this despite it being detrimental/ridiculous for them as a standalone because it's presumably best for the company and their other ventures. You're more than welcome to just accept that that's how it goes in kpop and can wax lyrical about "content" whilst not seeing the wood for the trees, that's your prerogative.

But what's best for the group and what's best for company are not the same things - I don't think I know better (and that's an odd point when you don't need more than single braincell to see for JYPE what's better is purely more profits), I just know I'm capable of distinguishing between the two and feel that if any group in that company deserves more than just thinking about profitability it should be Twice.

How many times are people going to jump back and forth on this?

She released that youtube video with Teddy and everyone was talking about how they got on, she likes the fashion/other side of being an idol, happy to take her time to work on her own music and release at her own pace etc, so the Black Label was the perfect move for her. Now we are back to mismanagement.

I think it could be a mix of the two, whilst also potentially having money issues so they can't afford to invest as much as they have other priorities also (not that history has ever shown they would do this for Twice, but it's a nice thought to have).

Seeing how uncomfortable some members still are when it comes to singing makes me think #2 may also played a part which would be a shame and a direct outcome of how ring-fenced their career has been up to this point. Depend on You is one of my favourite EWO b-sides so when I heard it was being performed I was pretty pleased to see some choreo for it. Then heard it's a sit-down performance there was no choreo so was hoping we'd get a nice vocal performance only to get a massive backing-track for most of the members with overtly processed vocals despite them all sitting down, with the video concentrating on members visuals above anything else. Sums up priorities.

Outside of M&M being a proverbial nail in the coffin I rarely ever have issues with the music side, the promotion of the group/members though just seems absurd to me.

Honestly confused at some fans getting excited over covers thinking they're unprecedented. Some of Twice's best performances over the years have been solo/sub-unit covers yet they're acting like they've never seen it before and JYPE are doing a solid.

TWICE is going to the 6th year of activity, it is normal to have less activities than before

ITZY, well...

Twice are in their 6th year and putting out rookie content. It's normal to have less activities yes, but when did that ever mean more content like youtube shows, covers and music video appearances for a group in their 6th year as big as Twice are? They themselves did all of that as rookies already.

I was going off things I had read from other Itzy fans being annoyed but if this is the case it looks like they're in the Stray Kids box whilst Twice are on their ones.

Admittedly I was going to make this post purely about Twice as they have the biggest issues but threw in the line about both GG's last minute.

Don't worry Day6 will save JYPE anticipate their comeback in April

In the grand scheme of things I'm hoping Twice do a Got7 and JYPE burns down after.

Nizi are all over Japan with endorsements from massive companies, which for a group not even a year old is crazy (in addition to TV spots). That's much more beneficial for their exposure in Japan than over feeding fans that have already been reeled in and will be better to feed when the country opens up, as face to face interaction is what Japanese fans crave.

So no, I don't think they're in a bad position at all and regardless they are not just a JYPE endeavour, they are jointly managed by one of the biggest labels in Japan.

Legitimately what are you even saying. If Twice need constant fan interaction 6 years into their career they've lost already. If JYPE are managing Twice vastly different to every other group in the industry and they're worse off for it I'm going to mention it.

Just sit back and be a company stan elsewhere. JYPE have a history of screwing up their groups in the long run so this fascination you have with the company being right makes no sense.

sony is the distributor, thats pretty much it. they're managed by div1(the director of div1 works @ sony japan tho)

there management contract is with jype, and niziu staff is korean. they live and train in korea, and only go to japan when they are releasing

Yeah that's a no

"This 'Nizi Project' drew attention by collaborating with JYP and Japan's largest record label Sony Music to jointly conduct all processes from member selection to training, planning, production, and management. In July-August last year, global auditions were held in eight cities in Japan and ten regions, including Hawaii and Los Angeles in the US, regardless of nationality. Over 10,000 applicants were received in September."

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=003&aid=0009936110

Promo is poor but what response do you expect from this site? Of course they will pretend its rainbows and sunshine and praise JYPE for garbage and at the same time call other companies trash for things like millions of dollar budget for a concert and appearances on James Corden to promote is mistreatment...

Ridiculous. Anyone who watched the concert(that is when the stream actually worked ffs) and sees how Twice aint had promo in Japan for over 2 years knows how trash JYPE have been for a while now.

I'm starting to believe the company don't have the money/resources to push on without massively impacting their future plans so are at a standstill.

It would explain why their Japanese "promo" was just Warner asking them to appear in their own artists videos to help them promote it (pretty much no cost to JYPE) and these covers that only had a decent budget when they were helping to promote a JYP song (as expected). Even after all that promo the Japanese concert was one stage and from my understanding barely had much going for it outside of the girls themselves.

anyone whose a fan of Twice knows how restrictive JYPE are. So the fact that we can even see them do melody projects and have some very minimal solo work/collabs is a HUGE step in the right direction. The girls are hella overworked like always and so it really doesn't matter that they don't spend days on each TTT series. I'd rather them get some rest, recover from their injuries and issues. TTT is literally just for fans to have some content to enjoy for FUN while we await their next comeback/activity and tbh I don't see any OTHER GROUP creating the "genuine content" that you keep bringing up that magically helps a group grow. most of those growing opportunities come during comeback seasons and varieties in that time.

I barely follow kpop these days and I know just from following new sites other group members routinely do variety shows, OST's, acting and whatnot. The fact that fans have your mindset says a lot.

The benefit of a large group is whilst others are tired/need rest you can still work on promoting the group/members with the others.

what would you consider genuine content?

are you talking about solo stuff in which case i agree 100% with you I've made multiple threads and posts trashing JYP over their non-existent solo content...

but this year hopefully momo's dance thing, sana's cover song thing , dubcheang cover parody is a start...

Content that looks to establish the group/members beyond the established fanbase and isn't just for the same set off fans that like youtube content/covers, which is something a group in their 6th year should barely be doing. Twice at this point should be way beyond pumping out youtube shows, covers and appearances in MV's. That's legitimately things you do as a rookie.

OST's, variety, acting, solos, sub-units etc. All incredibly common tools that JYPE refuses to use for whatever reason, whilst feeding the fandom air.

Makes you realise how far behind the group are in their career paths that some fans think what they're doing in the penultimate year of their contract makes sense. Either the company are scared to move them on (don't have the money/resources to support such an endeavour) or the members themselves are, I don't know which ones worse.

twice literally just had their japanese concert yesterday...

Itzy released their english tracks so probably gearing up for their next CB soon

and their content is for the fans...

Having 1 concert in 3 months doesn't negate anything., especially after they'd already spent the last year butchering the Japanese fandom.

Do the fans go away if they stop putting out multiple youtube series and dance practices? Or is it the least effort maximum content approach? Twice film there TTT episodes in probably a day for weeks worth of content.

What 6th year group have you seen put out so much youtube content instead of genuine content to help grow? Why would idols in their 6th year that have been so restrictive in what they do most of their careers settle with that (along with things such as appearances in MV's), yet alone ones as big as Twice?

Their two main GG's (not sure about their BG's) seem to have just turned into Youtube personalities, with a lot of dance practices and some covers with odd bits of poorly promoted content in between such as English releases, random Japanese MV appearances and the like dotted around.

Are they struggling financially more than most due to Covid so can't afford to do much more to move onto the next phase for their groups? Everyone knows JYPE don't have anything other than idols and with touring down for a year that's the biggest chunk of money (as they don't really do CF's either), whilst Got7 have now also left.

Are they just out of ideas and don't have the means/resources/personnel to do anything more?

Already moving on, concentrating on Stray Kids as the mainstay with the most momentum? They've pretty much put a stop to/been incapable of growing any momentum for their two main GG's recently so now they're just planting seeds/building relationships for future groups? How are they going to debut all those groups they want without kicking back spending/effort on their more established groups to make space in their divisions, which are already lacking?

Is history repeating itself and the thought of going international whilst completing forgetting key markets has got into their heads again? In a period where other companies have been pushing into SK more due to restrictions JYPE have never been further back from the general public with their GG's and have just retreated to Youtube.

What do people think their grand plan is here?

Frankly surprised they didn't already HAVE a Chinese distributor for TWICE, but cheers to them.

They did have one for the whole of JYPE, which is what this is as well (just headlines with Twice and Stray Kids specifically as they're the current biggest draws) - it just ran out so JYPE signed a new one.

Their "old" distributor in China (CMC) are now owned by Tencent so really this is nothing new and just ensures they have a contracted distributor there.

stan12345

Oh, they are promoting it on Japan TV.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah I saw that - they're trying to push this Yukadd artist.

Was adding the song earlier on spotify and saw it already has a Chinese and English version (and multiple MV's obviously).

In the grand scheme of things just shows Warner pushing an artist vs whatever it is they do with Twice these days.