Posts by stan12345

The revisionist history continues on this site I see and people actually believe it. There's no logic or consistency to this list.

Red Flavour was bigger than any Twice song in 2017 and RV got a lot of attention so why are they not number one like BP in 2018 according to you? DD, Psycho and Hip both did better than Twice/BP songs in 2019 so where are they?

I think so many people completely miss the point about investment. The issues are so much more pervasive than MV's which for whatever reason gets all the attention.

What I find annoying about it all is you could see these issues years ago but most fans (the ones that are all over youtube/twitter/Instagram) only care now because Twice are no longer the number one girl group. It's right in front of their faces and they need to find a reason for that. They don't realise the issue stems from the company and how it prefers to operate.

All those fans that were OT9 or nothing when the group was needing variety only now want sub-units and solos because the group fell from the top position.

Most of the fans are as about as reactive as the company when both (the company definitely) should be so much more proactive.

Edit: Also can I just the say the idea that some fans push around that you should be supportive of labelmates just because they're labelmates is the dumbest thing ever, especially in kpop. If you're not getting pushed you're getting eased down and moved to the side to make way

But, you know, big sets, especially for a company like JYPE, isn't a particularly expensive endeavour.
    This is the weird k-pop mentality where, idk, there's just completely bizarre assumptions about the amount of music spent sometimes.

It often comes down to, "I like this, so it's expensive". We got that with More & More, an obviously very expensive video that was also obviously not very good. So the complaint isn't with creative bankruptcy (which is the actual real problem at JYPE right now imo) but that they simply didn't throw enough money at the fucking project as if that would yield any better result.

For the broader argument that it's a question of investment, I'm going to just say that it looks like the level of investment varies depending on the project. Like I can't comprehend the Got7/Twice thing, either, because Twice NEVER got particularly expensive-looking videos, outside of a couple of exceptions. And Got7 never did, ever. JYPE don't spend that much money on videos in comparison to the other big two. Sometimes they spend more than others, and who knows why they do that. I can't see the trend. I don't understand why they spent so much for Not Shy, and then went to the bargain bin for this one. It's a mystery.

I think the issue for a long time has been the lack of any creativity in the company - the thing is you say not an expensive endeavor and talk about previous videos when JYPE in 2016 were just not as big as they are now. Got7 fans annoyance came from the push Twice got but that stemmed from them being massively in demand by the public (reminiscent of Brave Girls at the moment), whereas they weren't. But even now, JYPE outsource so much more than the other big 3.

On the investment and broader point - I could honestly write essays on that if I wasn't in the middle of work but I'll just paste my thoughts from a few weeks back. For me there is an obvious pattern and has been for a while. For what Twice generate the quality and care is consistently not there and for me investment is not just money. The group are clearly treated as a textbook definition of a cash cow. You might not like this Itzy video but the whole promotional cycle/period is the most JYPE have ever done for a group. Whereas Twice a few months releasing a full album on their 5th year anniversary gets rushed through like any other release of theirs to make space for a throwaway Japanese release that also got next to nothing promotion wise.

Do you seriously think this music is any more interesting, creative or in any way better than any Twice video?

Like, are we watching the same thing here?

I understand if we're talking about Not Shy or Icy.

But this was some AleXa-level shit, it's the Itzy fans that should be mad.

It's the level of investment and time fans shouldn't be surprised with, JYPE have clearly gone all out with this comeback - execution is a completely different story. I'm not a massive MV person myself but the larger audience that do like it are about big sets/costumes and whatnot.

People it the thread quoting Got7 as well when it took Twice one year from debut to become the biggest group in the company whilst taking over South Korea and Japan. They earned the investment whilst still being rookies. They're not like for like situations at all.

ACme de la vie took twice as a whole as their embassador

and high brand who think that their image fit the image of the brand might wants to take them

considering that i think paying the whole group would cost them less than paying individual popular artist

ADLV are a streetwear brand - quoting them as taking all 9 and thinking a high end brand would do the same makes zero sense. ADLV is a brand that wants to show it's for everyone, the high end brands sell using exclusivity. Having 9 members who all give off different vibes/visuals is not high end brand stuff.

Not a certain fandom here claiming that Twice was not competition for BTS. They’ve been going head to head in Japan for years and were continuously breaking each other’s YouTube records back in 2016/2017. BP’s not the only group who’s broken BTS’ YT record lol.

AIIYL broke BTS’ record back in 2017 and there wasn’t much furore over it. It was only after YG’s constant mediaplaying, putting down BTS to uplift his GG that pissed the fans off. Blinks didn’t help either when they gloated and claimed their faves had surpassed BTS because of D4‘s YT views.

Also, have your lying charting accounts convinced you into thinking BTS has competitors in Kpop?

I don't post much anymore but you can see how a certain fandom has taken over a bit on this site and in doing so are trying their best to re-write/distort history in the process and as there's not too much resistance/countering they seem to believe it.

Even then, I find it hard to believe that they genuinely believe half the stuff they've written in this thread so far.

Dying at some of the posts in the thread from a certain fandom. You can tell they started following the kpop scene a year to two ago as Twice were the most popular group in the country in 2016/17 irrespective of bg/gg and were trading youtube records with BTS.

Anyhow I have to say I definitely do remember fighting between the fandoms, but I guess with social media not as present it wasn't as in your face as it is these days.

Doesn't flow very well for me have to say - thought we'd get a more cheesy disco type concept when the teasers came out with the skates.

It has the kind of odd mixing/transitions you'd hear in other groups Japanese releases that make them sound off. Twice usually manage to always avoid that which is why they have the best Japanese discography but it comes through in this song a bit for me.

Wasn't Cry For Me being labeled as a "pre-release"? Isn't TWICE dropping their new album/EP soon in June? It seems obvious to me that Cry for Me will be one of the tracks on the new album and this is the beginning of the marketing push in the U.S. for it. They released it four months ago in December as a digital single, but they're obviously going to use the momentum to also build up the new album. They're basically starting promotions for the new album two months early, rather than promoting a non-album single four months late.

Given the fact that they had put out a concept film teaser for Cry for Me, my guess is that there is also an MV on its' way, but they're probably waiting for Jeongyeon to be fully-recovered before they film and release it. After all, they waited for Mina and included her in Feel Special. TWICE has never yet released a music video which did not have all nine members. Even for Kura Kura and Better, Jeongyeon was there.

Sorry but promoting a "pre-release" (considering the members had to fight to release this song definitely just seems like something the company decided to randomly label it, hence the awful rollout in December when it wasn't ready to be released with the benefit of them needing one less song to put on the mini) 4 months after the song has already come out is just lazy. There's no grand plan here.

Twice's issue is the fanbase/content has become stale and the answer to that is we'll promote a song you've already heard 4 months later? You want to bring excitement or hype up a release you do a proper pre-release. Not something you rushed back in December and is now the easiest/cheapest thing to push.

Like, what on earth would an MV for Cry For Me achieve at this point? Its hype came and went in December, an MV now is a waste of money and time. They half promoted in December and by putting an MV out now it's another half promoted period. Its potential impact has already been wasted.

When Twice's promo to people not in the fandom is already so sporadic and lacking the periods of actual activity shouldn't be so lax.

This isn't just me being annoyed at everything they do. JYPE have just continuously been late with everything they make the group do and it diminishes any of the potential impact they could have, and at this point it seems on purpose. And yes, impact and the subsequent success you get from it matters because if you're successful you demand continued investment. JYPE are already moving the group to the side for Itzy/Stray Kids/Nizi and all the things such as Japanese sales falling to barely a 100k, charting falling and Korean sales falling gives them more reason to do so.

Actually... Good timing of the release. 4 months full of crap songs kpop has given me. Finally, Twice is reminding me of this fantastic song like CFM, just cant get enough of this song.

8o8o8o

I'm happy for you but this once again reeks of poor management. At this point I struggle to even say poor, it's just deliberate.

This will have near to no impact as it has been rolled out poorly again. All something like this shows is the pervasive shitness that is JYPE.

Think about the next to zero impact the Colbert performance of ICSM had, which has more views on Twice's channel than Colbert's own as only fans watched it and they decided to do that a month after the song first came out (and was an official comeback). This is 4 months late.

The company in recent months have routinely given the group little to no chance to have any kind of breakout and think they can satiate it with empty platitudes and fans eat it up. Wouldn't surprise me if you see Itzy/Stray Kids on the show soon.

Girl it is a bop, and a fantastic song, so what if it was 4 months ago. They still haven't released the MV or English version they were supposed to, yet. JYP has made it known he does not think it fits the group and they had to fight to get the song out so I am forever going to be happy to see them allowed to perform it

It's cute that you're naive enough to think these things.

When did they say they were going to release and MV or an English version? It was a half promoted song to go along with the half promoted full album they gave the group in the second half of the year.

It matters that it was 4 months because it shows no tact and further evidences the pervasive inability of the company to promote the group properly.

I wouldn't phrase it like you've done as it's more that IU's management over the years has been incredibly smart.

She has some of the best management/strategists in SK that utilise her abilities so well. Took over Korea with her vocals/signwriting/music. Took over pan-asia through k-dramas (Scarlet Heart being the major breakout drama for her in Pan-asia is a tragedy though). Collabed with the biggest 2nd gen male star in G-Dragon (also the biggest kpop artists in China at the time) further helping her get her name out all over Asia. More kdramas. With kpop being the biggest it has ever been in the world collabed with a BTS member that has made her popular/got her known well even outside of Asia. Her music also evolves with popular sounds so she jumps on trends when needed.

When you think about how her and her team go about business it's not surprising her longevity is crazy and still growing more than 10 years later. She utilises her skillset to the fullest and makes smart promo decisions. Popular kdramas will make her music more popular and vice versa.

Before Eight I don't think I'd ever seen a IU video trend on Youtube in the UK, since then pretty much all her MV's have. Her spotify numbers are bigger. She feels much bigger than Taeyeon worldwide nowadays.

Eh - since joining AOMG she has released a lot of music compared to previous years. Apart from Holo she has done a collab with Crush, featured on multiple albums, collab with SM artists, did a song for SMTM, released her first OST in two years (one of the best OST's from last year) and was a fixed member of the Begin Again series for a while.

She's honestly so much more active than the last few years.