Posts by stan12345

From one side you are right that both JYPE and Warner are incompetent (you can see how much better Sony is doing with NiziU in terms of promo etc.) But from the other side I think they did it on Twice Japan with Momo's friend from the dancing school to test fandom reaction. Sure, dance cover on main channel would get more views but here you have whole MV produced etc. and I don't think we would get something like this from JYPE.

I'm pretty sure it's the beginning of solo promotions, late af but it's coming. Maybe we will get OST next from one if the members.

The idea of testing the fandom reaction is honestly ridiculous to me.

They've spent the last 18 months alienating the fandom with ease and they still do it, so to think that they'd put Momo on something this small as a start for the good of the fandom, that won't even get a normal level of exposure as it's Japan specific with a nugu artist there, makes no sense to me.

I see people throwing around testing the fandom a lot and to me it has become on the the same level of excuse as Miss A/solos, which I have never thought had much weight.

They're a senior group, one of the biggest in the world in their 6th year. When it comes to milking the group they'll alienate the fandom as much as they want but when it comes to looking after their longevity they don't want to do anything and people want to excuse it.

MV being produced means nothing for her if no-one sees it other than the hardcore part of the fandom.

The video will do average numbers because not even all Twice followers will know it's out/care about a member doing an MV as it's nothing big.

It's literally the kind of promotion you do as a rookie/pre-debut. You're content I feel more because we're essentially in a beggars can't be choosers position with their solo work.

But it is what it is at this point. Just need to rant about the situation every now and then to vent

Concept reminds me a bit of Britney Spears - Lucky. Though IU's looks like it'll be a bit more bright

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tbh. I will take it, they made whole MV just for Momo. Even if it's promo for the yukaDD the whole focus will be on Momo anyway and I don't see long term benefits for yukaDD from this video.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The focus will be on Momo as this person is clearly pretty nugu. It's not even being posted on the main Twice twitter account which has 5m+ more followers than the Japanese one as this is a Warner thing.

Momo could release a random dance cover on the main Twice channel and get 10x the exposure/promo/attention.

The songs a month old and already has a main MV so this is just a attempt to push the song more. In just a few hours of the announcement the views on the original MV doubled and her subscriber base is already growing on YT/Twitter.

Warner have done such a bad job managing Twice in recent years in Japan so seeing them now use Twice members to promote their smaller artists is just...annoying. Seeing the members and the group routinely get shortchanged like this by both JYPE and Warner to benefit others at the labels is annoying. JYPE and Warner haven't earnt any kind of benefit of the doubt.

We take what we get because no-one seems to have expectations and will take anything.

Excellent move to promote Momo in Japan :happyr:

Yukadd has like 3k followers/subscribers on Youtube/Twitter. Looking at her numbers she's a very nugu artist.

Supposedly a friend of Momo's so seems more like Momo helping a friend out as she's the big name in this.

Looking at the hashtag will probably be a dance MV for her song she released last month. Also seems to be on Warner which probably helped Momo get permission to get it done.

Did they do any English song freestyles

Momo usually kills them