Posts by huytienlam

Jisoo's deep voice KILLED THE CHORUS! Again, appreciate BLACKPINK that they go for a vocal chorus, and the song with the vocal chorus was nice! I think Jisoo and Rose should have sang all the choruses because Jennie and Lisa already got a lot of rap parts, which would make the line distribution fairer.

One question, the BP songs with vocal choruses always get slower views :(((((

Our preferences of listening are really diverse.

Yes Or Yes is a song which I have instantly liked since the first listen and has been on repeat, my feelings of the song never changed.

Loco is a song which I loved in the first listen but gradually gets boring over time, which is a "cup of milk".

How You Like That is a song which I disliked at first but something dragged me in to listen to it 2-3 times in a short period after that and it began to grew on me and was on repeat.

La Di Da is a song which I felt it was too boring when it was first released, and it didn't have the wow factor for me to listen to it again. But months later, which is a long period, I just randomly checked it out and suddenly it became good.

The Feels is a song which I loved at first, got a bit boring after that, but became good again when I took a break from it for a short time.

Signal is a song which I really felt weird, but because it was TWICE it was always interesting, so I gave it so many chances like 7-8 listens, and when I liked it, it still didn't catch up with other TWICE titles.

So the thing is I can like a song in any listen, but the song has to have enough charm to drag us in for next listens even if we don't like it. If a song doesn't have that factor, one bad listen is already enough to get over that song. If a song has the wow factor, we can still click on it even the first listens are not that good. Some songs rely on pure luck though.

The song is actually really good. A lot of people, especially in the fandom seemed to have liked it.

I have a feeling if TTT had charted well, everyone woulda been like oh this song is so good! Kpop is just odd like that sometimes.

But I do think QoH would had been a very interesting title track choice, I almost wish I lived in an alternative universe where they chose QoH instead and see how it charts.

They knew QoH is good, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered making a live clip video of it.

💯 I think QOH 100% can be the title, like how did they put Scientist as the title and put the actual great songs as B-sides :((((((

I think Twice also knew it might not click with everyone.

On their live showcase for this comeback, they mentioned that they'll be happy as long as Onces like it.

Both have Collapsedone in it but for me I do think that I prefer The Feels more, but Talk That Talk is quite nice as well, as a song for ONCEs I think it is really good. Queen Of Hearts lyrics also feel like they are connecting with ONCEs. I feel like this comeback as a whole is wholesome, energetic, and fun, because I skipped all of the bad comments on Facebook that I usually see.

I don't "unstan" any groups because I take a long time to stan. And when I do stan, I will be very loyal.

SCIENTIST that bitch! I can't believe they almost dropped Cry For Me and then got Scientist at the title! At least The Feels, Alcohol-Free and Talk That Talk were all great. TWICE will still be ults hahaa.

I love ITZY's teen crush concept that's why I didn't have too much love for MITM and Loco, although they were good at first listens. That's also why I was so happy when Sneakers came.

Let's say I have a complicated relationship with BLACKPINK. I like some of their music but never liked the toxic fans especially in my country, which keep me from liking BP more. And I believed that the comebacks of DDDD and KTL were not my favorites. But HYLT and Lovesick Girls nailed it, I think they deserved their success more than the two former songs. For me, BP should release more songs like the old days, most recently an old song Ready For Love reminded me of Forever Young which was also early produced.

I'm always anxious about the stats when they don't do well, but in the end I like the song, so it is fine. It's just a bit sad for me because I did thought that Talk That Talk fitted Korean taste.

And by that I meant they should have let Queen Of Hearts as the title track since QOH won't touch the Korean market but will definitely succeed in the international market.

Great ideaaaaaa 🥹

One thing, I saw pretty dope Alcohol-Free city pop remixes and those were bomb! If the concept teasers are like this, might as well let Alcohol-Free be the title, but in city pop, not bossa nova ☺️

Perfectly described!

I like their music sometimes but in terms of success I think they're just hanging on now, they aren't the Twice from four years ago and that's ok. They have a loyal fanbase and have clearly made a brand for themselves with their music but nothing Twice release is really fresh or new. It doesn't matter the concept. ICSM kinda flopped, Alcohol Free kinda flopped, this cb kinda flopped. It's like they're stuck in a loophole where they pretty much rely on pure luck if they want their comebacks to do well

ICTSM didn't do as well in Korea but it was the most popular TWICE song internationally before The Feels so I think it didn't flop like you said. Alcohol-Free did well on K-charts actually, and the album got many good reviews, so it didn't flop too for me. Scientist flopped for me.