Posts by mashimaroluff0

what make people mad isn't the compensation, but the inconsistency.

if government has policies that pay out relief for disaster then it is right, if not and only for this event then it is pathetic.

giving $15k right now seem like putting a bandage over a bleeding heart, covering their embarrassment for incompetency by waving the dollar signs, and shutting up victim families. aka. you got money didn't you, what are you complaining about. and bolstering their supporters that government had already did their part by paying and decreasing empathy toward victims. what about apology? investigation? waving money BEFORE doing all of that is such a slap to the faces of the victims and society.

Consider she was the center, start the song and end the song, she was their “it” girl. She embodies the concept for lessarafim. She’s pretty but “neutral” - which is what center need to be.

Considering their response, they believe Garam to be the victim, not the bully.. until the very end where it became extremely messy. Secondly there has been other groups where there was rumors/scandal prior to debut yet the person flourish and rumors were squashed. Most recent I can think of was karina from arepa and Jennie from blackpink - both end up being such it girl and has great star factor.

Hybe probably thought Garam case would be the same. They never anticipate the backlash that happened or how hard Garam accuser went for her unlike previous cases mentioned. They got cocky and frankly - negligent, didn’t take it too seriously.

Define Jpop group.

Kpop group with Japanese members like Twice? Then yes, JYP was trying.

But a fully Japanese group with Kpop makeover? Why would any Korean companies do that when the purpose of such group is to grow in Japan and make them Yen?

Nationalism aside, there is no purpose for a Korean company to push a Japanese group in the US. A Korean group with Japanese members who happen to caught the wave and do well in the West? Definitely! Money is money.

you are the one who's not listening to ur boy jin

At the conference, BTSJin was asked about the possibility of a military exemption for the group. To this, Jin responded with, “I have talked a lot with the company about military service. I talked about entrusting it to the company as much as possible. I think that what the company has to say is as good as what I say."

and Suga also said "I'll go to the military when it's my turn."

Jin already said that what Hype is saying is the same what he is saying, and the company is saying to the government, either give them the exemptions or don't, just give them an answer so they can plan the future.

what are you missing here?

i'm so sick of this issue.

the korean government is a pathetic, they need to stop like a freaking pest and leave bts alone.

how ironic is it that this issue has been discussed longer than the actual service time?

at this point, if they want bts soft power, man up and give it to them the exemptions. if they can't even man up and take some backlash and acting like a real leader, then sit the f down and leave bts alone.

bts don't deserve getting ripped out by the public, while serving these politicians and their agenda, hiding themselves behind bts.

girlband/ girl doing pop music are usually more embraced than boyband/ boy doing pop music.

not just bts but the english speaking one like one direction, backstreetboys, nysnc, even the jonas brothers in their earlier days get a lot of pushback and hate. even justin bieber in his "idol" days get hate/trashed a lot for the same reason even though his music was good/popular.

bts just get an extra twist/ dig because asian men are often belittled/humiliated and emasculate socially everyday. asian women is in the top 2 of desirable ranking, while asian men was dead last for a long time. with the rise of kpop/asian entertainment there is some slight improvement but im not sure if that's enough to bump them off the last ranking.

having said that, not like the girls/girlband get it any easier. they have their own host of problems to deal with.

they korean layperson is not going to care/know

all they see is that BTS getting privileges and not going to the "army" correctly.

at this point idc about exemptions anymore, just want bts to go do their service in peace, the public to leave them alone and see the government scrambling for soft-power. for the past couples years, korean governments have prove again and again that they will thrown bts under the bus any minute but like to squeeze every benefit out of them, use them as election incentives and shields. i rather bts go to the military than do their dirty deeds for them. this 1-2 years exemption is no longer worth for all the trash/grinder they have put bts through and will continue to put bts through for the rest of their career if they get it. the time that bts have suffered for this topic and will continue to suffer is already much longer than the actual lifespan of the service. what a joke

it's not even a question

how Busan is handling this is quite embarrassing. It's well known that BTS have positive economic effect every city they visit so this is a golden chance for Busan, yet they are shooting themselves in the foot. I'm quite surprised at how incompetent this city is handling this whole incident considering it's a pretty big city in Korea too. And BTS been to many big cities around the world.

Edit:

What irritate me about this is the potential of blame BTS will get. This city doesn't seem like it has the leadership and wealth to pull of something like this but want quick cash and fame from BTS. I still remember that even the Blue House can't afford BTS's travel expense when they invited them to perform in France so BTS has to foot the bill. So far, leadership at Busan hasn't shown they are capable of any thoughtful planning. From the embarrassing politicians, to the sad site they going to hold the concert at, to the greedy price gouging going around. BTS wanted to help Busan image but I think Busan just exposed itself by showing the world how incapable it is. It trying to swallow more than it can chew.

is this the one directed by the weeknd?

and there are black people around her in that screenshot, how come no one said anything?

idk why this is a jennie's problem or that you are disappointed in her

if black people around her tell her it's okay (and she's from New Zealand) why is it her fault? Make it make sense. ofc you are free to feel however you feel but im just giving my 2 cents. she didn't do it maliciously, and she was around people who knew better yet they all agree she should appear with that hairstyle so it seem this rage is more relevant on the internet than irl

oh please stop that with the victim mentality.

your example is so ridiculous, MOMO and the entire group got dragged through the sewage for that vocal incident, and giselle barely get a tip of that hate. Not that I agree either girls deserve anything coming their way but don't pretend like Giselle got it worse than Momo because she didn't. don't be disrespectful.

since you so brave to use momo as an example, at least Momo is a very strong dancer. All Kpop idols must at least know how to dance, but there are plenty of bad dancer idol out there. Giselle isn't a bad dancer, she make choreography "mistakes". I'm sure the girl has her reason, but making mistake over and over again is way worse than being a "bad" dancer.

So no, it's not acceptable to be a bad vocal than bad dancer. It's not acceptable to constantly making obvious mistakes on stage. being bad and being wrong are totally different.

yep, as you know, he said in festa video that he's taking singing lessons because only rapping would make his concert less exciting, or whatever word he used

he made People, after daechwita the most liked d-2 song. he can do both aggressive and chill songs. what direction he will pick for d-3? let's wait and see

neither daechwita and people are gp friendly songs though. but daechwita is instrumentally interesting and people is just chef-kiss. suga is a very versatile producer, he know and can produce gp-friendly, chart topping songs. so it's all depend on WHAT he want to do. if he want to produce a mainstream song as a title, he can. we will see.

Yes my bet is on jimin too. All his solo songs are best and most well known. He has strong fanbase. Except usa he will do the best everywhere. Suga will be successful as producer but as solo artist his rap stylr and songs are very agresive. Will not be digestible to public.

Can't see why ~ if he does well, he would do well everywhere including the USA. If you mean another member may do the best in the US and lose to Jimin everywhere else ~ I doubt that. I think if any of them going to have a successful hit, that member will do the best including USA and everywhere else.

I agree with OP, all of BTS is going to release music they personal like, so Jungkook and Jimin probably will probably have the most successful solo because their personal taste is most similar to GP's taste. But I disagree with Suga. He know GP taste but doesn't mean he will make GP friendly music. He said a long time ago he and RM agreed to make a compromise by producing more GP friendly sounds with BTS. Now they have achieved everything they ever wanted, I don't see why he would want to continue compromising. Chapter 2 is when they explore and release whatever they want because they more than earned it.