The difference between Boa's Girls on Top lyrics in 2005 to the shitty lyrics we got in 2022 for GOT

• knets keep comparing the difference between the great old song by Boa in 2005 written By Yoo YoungJin to the current song written by Ryan Jhun in 2022 that is a step back which is embarrassing. We could have gotten everything :pepe-sad:

Wish they cover it instead of the stepback.

Lyrics of Boa's Girls on Top by Yoo YoungJin in 2005:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lyrics in a nutshell

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ใ•ใ่ณญใ‘็‹‚ใ„ใพใ—ใ‚‡ใ†

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• Yumeku

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Itโ€™s definitely embarrassing for 30+ year-old women to sing about their man being next level and that got them next level :facepalm: of all things to brag about yourself you choose to go with that? :facepalm: Truly lyrics that only a man can comprehend urgh someone pls get seugi out of there :waterr:

• Step Back is not problematic, but we can't deny that it's a bit hypocritical considering the name of the group is GIRLS on top

Apart from that the lyrics are just cringe, even more considering it's a bit immature, it feels like something that could be done for a 4th gen debut

Exactly. I am all for criticizing the lyrics and the IMO bad message to go with for a group like that. But I hate how the usual people are trying to force "problematic" everywhere. Like now they demand the girls to "be held accountable"

oie_234726S1G6BRla.gif

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ใ•ใ่ณญใ‘็‹‚ใ„ใพใ—ใ‚‡ใ†

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• What's nice about this whole thing is that it's cool to see how many people recognize the problem, albeit small in the whole scheme of things.

I don't think the song was terrible or problematic, but it didn't match the context surrounding the release.

• yeah if a 18/20 year old would be singing step back I don't think people would be having an issue, but imagine an icon like boa or Taeyeon singing something like :pepe-cringe:

My man is on another level (Level)

You canโ€™t even dream about this level (Level)

The one that got me next level (Level)

As you can see, another level

Donโ€™t bring it to me

Get outta my way

Take your hands off of mine

(Step back, step back)

It wonโ€™t be enough even if youโ€™re born again

(Step back, step back)

Youโ€™re like a poison to the good boys

They become lonelier as they drink more

Heโ€™s sick and tired everyday

Donโ€™t you cross it, borderline

(Step back, step back)

This isnโ€™t the place for you

(Step back, step back)

What you tried to hide by weighing was

Your unrestrainable light heart

Heโ€™s sick and tired everyday

Step back, step back, step back, silly girl

The only girl who live in a dream

Step back, step back, step back, silly girl

Please stand out of my way, yeah

Donโ€™t bring it to me

Get outta my way

• yeah if a 18/20 year old would be singing step back I don't think people would be having an issue, but imagine an icon like boa or Taeyeon singing something like :pepe-cringe:

Why post the lyrics when I am trying to run away from it :pepe-sad:

I shouldn't get my hopes up but seeing how much the comparisons between the two songs are happening on the Korean side, I am hopeful they ditch 'Step Back' and cover Girls on Top (and also reeeeally hopeful SM listen to that critic that said they will change the lyrics all together).

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• The bigger issue is the writer has alot of issues

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Read it here

• Why post the lyrics when I am trying to run away from it :pepe-sad:

I shouldn't get my hopes up but seeing how much the comparisons between the two songs are happening on the Korean side, I am hopeful they ditch 'Step Back' and cover Girls on Top (and also reeeeally hopeful SM listen to that critic that said they will change the lyrics all together).

sorry :waterr:

Read it here

hmmm I don't like how the Twitter user keeps bringing up unrelated stuff to make it bigger than what it is and even making up wrong information in the process (they corrected some of the made up info in later posts but no one checks those and already formed an opinion based on the OP's tweets). Seems like typical stan Twitter. The lyrics are bad for what they're, period. Digging on the comments of the songwriter that no one knew about before this song to blame who works with him is stupid. Forcing real issues for petty reasons like molka is worse. When the lines suggest the girls are only talking about themselves, not other regular women.

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• Girls on top is one of my favorite songs ever, just like only one etc.

I'm disappointed a group with such an iconic name and members releases a song with half-baked lyrics.

It would actually be amazing to see girls on top perform girls on top. maybe even remix it and make it modern as aespa did with dreams come true.

that would have been a certified bop!

Read it here

making that kind of analogy is dishonest, it's the same with Jennie in Lovesick Girls

we all know she's not sensualizing nurses, but it has led to a point where the situation has become untenable.

• Everyone was lowkey hoping that what Step-back would have been. It's a great song and I won't mind covering it without changes.

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!