I think it's because of this enlistment issue...

• that BTS won't go deep diving into anything new...

Majority of their work has been done in trilogies after all (School Trilogy, Most Beautiful Moment in Life Series(YOUTH Trilogy), Love Yourself Trilogy, Map of the Soul Series...)

Their separate full albums are dropped after their trilogies.

If they start a new trilogy (a new era) they might not be able to finish it until all of them are done with military training

It will be incomplete..

:pepe-sad:

With all that being said,

ARMYs should've taken over the government :pepe-puddle:

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• I agree with this. BTS are a group that plan out everything at least 1-2 years in advance. but the pandemic, many cancelled concerts, and now this enlistment issue has definitely screwed up their release schedule indefinitely. the members even said that their singles like dynamite wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the MOTS7 tour being cancelled. because this upcoming festa may be the last as OT7 (if the do enlist), I can see why they went with the compilation album route this year rather than next year (10th anniversary). really wish it wasn't this way but that's life for you. we just have to support them despite things not going as planned

• I am pretty sure it is about the enlistment too. I mean, who releases a compliation album at 9 years when you could have done it on the 10th year. Doesn't make sense, 10th year is more aesthetically pleasing.

Anyway, I hope S.K governmnt hurries up and reaches a decision about enlistment, they said April and now it's May, I went from a little more than a month before 8th grade ends to less than 21 days left until I graduate from middle school.

At this rate, Blackpink will comeback before S.K government releases a statement.

P.S. fu covid!

• Welp, I'm not alone.

This was my first reaction to the news and it's stayed with me. Yes I will admit that I am sad today because this is not the new era I was expecting. I'm always advising everyone to lower their expectations and I feel the I should have realized this was a possibility in retrospect since I knew the enlistment decision was up in the air.

I sympathize with the disappointment I see from ARMY, because it happened to me too. I'm sure I'll feel better though in a bit. I am ever the optimist and hope the rest of ARMY recovers their spirit too in time too. We have a comeback to focus on and the sooner we can come together to support that, the better.

• Remember when it was revealed that BTS & BH have plans years in the making and their schedules are usually planned way in advance? yea, covid massively derailed that, interrupted touring and album releases and changed their strategies hence the 3 english singles. Now, they have enlistment looming over their heads and the uncertainty around it makes any concrete plans difficult to conceive.

More than anyone, they want a fresh chapter too but they can't when they're currently stuck in such a difficult position. If they start a new series now and they enlist by 2023, it'll interrupt things and even with the most passionate projects...they might not want to continue that particular project after enlistment because life changes perspectives and ideas. So, we'll know more when they know what they can and cannot do.

Besides, the anthology is a genius idea and from the insider leaks I've been hearing, people would be satisfied when they give it a fair chance and check the upcoming tracklist :pepe-mirror-glare:

• I haven't been a fan for very long, but tbh, I'm happy with an anthology album. All their hits on one album will be good for me and make me realise how I should've been a fan of them years ago.

• you guys use this as a drag, like i haven’t admitted for literal years im a fan and have the streaming numbers to prove it lol

Seeing as all you do is come and leave snide remarks about others, I feel perfectly ok doing the same to you. I've literally never seen a positive post on BTS or ARMY from you. It's like you're listening to BTS against your will, but hey, thanks for the streams! I guess you're doing the same here at AKP then, reading these threads against your will. So whose copium is it? It's not a drag when it's the truth.

• this seems like a better way than releasing 3 separate singles especially if the songs line up perfectly with the theme of past present and future

hopefully, we get some content from earlier eras too, there are so many eras i have missed

it would be nice to experience some of them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!