I remember when I was disappointed and offended by this song and music video

• When I heard that a girlgroup was going to do a "Pippi" concept, I was excited, because I was a child who grew up reading and watching Pippi Longstocking stuff. (and other Astrid Lindgren stuff. Well... I'm Nordic)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And when I saw the music video, I was like "Where's her super strength? She is the freaking strongest girl in the world. Like Pippi would been able to beat that guy up or carry him like a glove."

And then there was the "You can touch body" part, I was like "WHAT THE FLIPPIN HECK???"

And I kind of felt like my childhood had been ruined.

*offended in Viking language*

I do also remember some Swedish comment saying "Vad i helvete?"

Even though I have scrolled down the comment section and there were Scandinavians that liked this.

Well... I dislike this song less now.

It's catchy though.

It did feel like the people who made this music video weren't that familiar with the story.

I don't quite know how Pippi would have been like a teen or adult, if she would have tried to impress a handsome guy.

Even though I have sometimes imagined her as an independent woman, who still lives by her own and doesn't care about finding someone to love.

BTW I think there was an other girlgroup who had the Pippi concept once, but I have forgotten their name and stuff.

And I wasn't offended by that song and music video.

• HwaGoose You should check out this song then

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well... I prefer this over the other one.

• Well... I prefer this over the other one.

And another one

• I believe they got sued over this

Author or publisher was offended by sexualization of a children story character

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!