So XG is preparing a comeback already...

• Imagine going through 5 years of hard Kpop training, thinking you will debut as a Kpop idol with a ''supposedly'' company connected through YG. But after your first debut you don't have any live promotions, have to do several dance versions of your debut song and promote primarly on TikTok. I feel really bad for the girls under this company of theirs. Now they are going to have a comeback just 3 months after their debut....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it was kpop fans that thought the girls were part of yg. the members knew they weren't all along.

being the first group from a new company there might not have been any tv opportunities available.

after a successful debut they definitely don't want to wait too long before releasing more music.

my problem with their approach is all they promote is the performance side of the group.

i don't even know if it's possible to succeed as a kpop or jpop group these days with that approach.

• I don't know. Their situation reminds me of the Zpop groups. When that project was announced, it was marketed to anyone who audition for their company that they will debut as a Kpop idol. When the groups debuted with a english song, the dreams the Zgirls and Zboys had of becoming a Kpop idol where crushed. Ofc I don't know what Simon told the ones who passed audition in the beginning what they were going to debut as, but I won't be surprised if he told them to become something their company was not intended to do just to get them on board. To mislead them like what the company of Zpop did for their members. Just like they mislead every YG stans believing they were a part of YG.

• I don't know. Their situation reminds me of the Zpop groups. When that project was announced, it was marketed to anyone who audition for their company that they will debut as a Kpop idol. When the groups debuted with a english song, the dreams the Zgirls and Zboys had of becoming a Kpop idol where crushed. Ofc I don't know what Simon told the ones who passed audition in the beginning what they were going to debut as, but I won't be surprised if he told them to become something their company was not intended to do just to get them on board. To mislead them like what the company of Zpop did for their members. Just like they mislead every YG stans believing they were a part of YG.

once again kpop fans jumping to conclusions isn't misleading them.

what your saying doesn't make sense at all tbh

i don't know about zpop, but xg has been promoted as a global group from the beginning, and the members knew their debut song was in English long before it was released.

• Imagine going through 5 years of hard Kpop training, thinking you will debut as a Kpop idol with a ''supposedly'' company connected through YG. But after your first debut you don't have any live promotions, have to do several dance versions of your debut song and promote primarly on TikTok. I feel really bad for the girls under this company of theirs. Now they are going to have a comeback just 3 months after their debut....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

probably didnt get invited to music show

thats why the promo is only on internet

• i don't know about zpop, but xg has been promoted as a global group from the beginning, and the members knew their debut song was in English long before it was released.

It was announced by Simon himself on January that they were going to be a global group. My question is, did he and his company told the ones who audition way back in 2017 what this group will debut as? If he did say they were a global group back then, I rest my case.

External Content www.youtube.com

And this is the first time we got to hear about this group and their company publicly

DMTN's Simon is Producing New Girl Group XG Set to Debut 2022
    DMTN's Simon to Debut New Girl Group XG in 2022 -- Here's What We Know So Far.
    www.kpopwise.com

• im not sure what you're resting your case on

i just hope for the girls' sake. the PR part of their training improves.

• ikr, op just like to complain at this point lmao

There is nothing wrong with a cb, but when they just debuted last month and barely have any visible live promotions except dozens of Tippy Toes dance versions and Tiktok videos and also doing the same, then their company should focus letting us know who the members are and their personalities and wait for a comeback. We know zero about them. I wouldn't have complained if we got more Youtube videos showing more about the group despite having no live promotions.

• There is nothing wrong with a cb, but when they just debuted last month and barely have any visible live promotions except dozens of Tippy Toes dance versions and Tiktok videos and also doing the same, then their company should focus letting us know who the members are and their personalities and wait for a comeback. We know zero about them. I wouldn't have complained if we got more Youtube videos showing more about the group despite having no live promotions.

they are under unknown company and they are not popular

music show in japan wont invite them unless they become popular or under major label

so no live promotion, the only option for them is to promote in internet so yt and tiktok

• they are under unknown company and they are not popular

music show in japan wont invite them unless they become popular or under major label

so no live promotion, the only option for them is to promote in internet so yt and tiktok

Sure, but like I said in my previous post their company should have released more YT videos like vlogs with the members where we get to know the girls instead of 8 Tippy Toes dance versions. Except for three behind the scenes videos that was short and gave us barely anything. I hope the company do better with promotions on youtube because the YG noise marketing they had in the beginning is fading and many fans are leaving.

• I think you all have a misunderstanding of the group/company. its clearly said that xg is a global group, not a jpop or kpop group. its the reason they sing fully in english and not japanese or korean. so I think promoting only on social media is for them to make a mark globally. I think their yt views were really good for a new group. better than most new kpop groups to be honest. they hit 13mio views in only 1 month, thats great. some established kpop groups dont get nearly as many views on a music video. if you want to reach a global fanbase its only natural to promote on social media only, if you ask me.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• I think you all have a misunderstanding of the group/company. its clearly said that xg is a global group, not a jpop or kpop group. its the reason they sing fully in english and not japanese or korean. so I think promoting only on social media is for them to make a mark globally. I think their yt views were really good for a new group. better than most new kpop groups to be honest. they hit 13mio views in only 1 month, thats great. some established kpop groups dont get nearly as many views on a music video. if you want to reach a global fanbase its only natural to promote on social media only, if you ask me.

Clout chasing using yg’s name and kpoppies still not connecting the dots is what catapulted them to that point if we’re being honest lol. You don’t know how many people still think they’re yg’s new gg. Without that yg “connection” it would have been twice as hard to get the amount of views they were getting with under 300k subs. Of course they’re also using ads.

• Clout chasing using yg’s name and kpoppies still not connecting the dots is what catapulted them to that point if we’re being honest lol. You don’t know how many people still think they’re yg’s new gg. Without that yg “connection” it would have been twice as hard to get the amount of views they were getting with under 300k subs. Of course they’re also using ads.

if they weren't using ads that would be one more thing i would criticize them for.

• Clout chasing using yg’s name and kpoppies still not connecting the dots is what catapulted them to that point if we’re being honest lol. You don’t know how many people still think they’re yg’s new gg. Without that yg “connection” it would have been twice as hard to get the amount of views they were getting with under 300k subs. Of course they’re also using ads.

I never connected them to yg though? sry to say this o straight forward, but, are ppl dumb?

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!