Non EXO fans : What do you think is the relationship between rest of SM Vs EXO?

• This conversation is brought up a lot in EXOL spaces where people feel EXO aren’t close to other groups at SM

But ofc this is an echo chamber kekeke. So it’s hard to know if it’s actually true or not.

EXOL base this on things like for example right now people had a reaction video for Onew’s new song but not Suho haha. There are many more like that but y’all get the gist.

I know it’s over all silly but wondering how everyone else views EXO within the SM space/ecosystem?

Do they feel separate to other SM acts? Is there any truth to that? Or no?

For me EXO by nature are reticent and reserved people. So I don’t think it’s because rest of SM hates them but I do believe EXO keep their distance because of their own personalities. That’s just the way they are Kek.

• From my very limited knowledge, I think EXO tends to have very business-like relationships with other groups. I know Shinee and SNSD are close, Shinee and f(x) were close, RV and NCT have a fun dynamic, and so on, but somehow I just cant think of how EXO fits in. One of my friends was an EXO-L and expressed that she felt the relationship between EXO members and NCT was awkward in SuperM and that didnt help my outlook. I feel like they are there for a specific reason and maybe they like to keep their friendships with other groups private

Pretty much this is the sentiment through the fandom.

EXO are indeed.. shy. Even Baekhyun who is loud and funny doesn’t go out of the way to meet up with others. That’s part of their personalities indeed.

I really can’t say “EXO is close to this group”

Minseok and TVXQ relationship is cute. Kai used to have more interactions with Taemin but that dwindled in the later years too.

EXO always feel like they aren’t really part of the SM family kekeke.

• Well you never know, maybe they are secretly friends with a lot of people but dont want to risk fanwars

This is true too. But again that would just be a part of their personality to just keep quiet haha.

Either they are too shy and don’t talk to any one. Or they have many SM friends but aren’t interested in letting fans know about it or encourage any of that Kek.

• In his room where he has a sophisticated gaming set up that pro gamers think he’s pro himself. If the dude sees daylight it’s a miracle :cryingr:

No I'm saying they literally game together. Taeyong has talked about it before.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know this haha. They play multi player online from his room :cryingr: :angryr:

Also there were more interactions when superm was on so it was cute. I was shocked when Kai posted a pic of mark on his Instagram. It was cute.

• the dad that only visited you when you achieved something </3

• The general sentiment these days for EXOL is that the more EXO stay away from SM artists the better :cryingr: :angryr:

Everyday my Twitter is just filled with it :cryingr:

As in EXO being a bad influence that can get their reputation tarnished if they appear close in the same picture or as EXO not being sociable with anyone of them?

Sorry I only use Twitter to follow EXO fan accounts and get my hands on EXO material I cant get otherwise, everything else becomes background noise.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, we know they are close with all those groups from all the years they have spent in the company and EXO themselves are not the kind of people that go posting whenever they meet with someone (sometimes we find out because the people they met post about it). Maybe they do it to avoid fanwars and hate, since some SM group members cannot be seen in the proximity of some EXO members and vice versa.

• As in EXO being a bad influence that can get their reputation tarnished if they appear close in the same picture or as EXO not being sociable with anyone of them?

Sorry I only use Twitter to follow EXO fan accounts and get my hands on EXO material I cant get otherwise, everything else becomes background noise.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, we know they are close with all those groups from all the years they have spent in the company and EXO themselves are not the kind of people that go posting whenever they meet with someone (sometimes we find out because the people they met post about it). Maybe they do it to avoid fanwars and hate, since some SM group members cannot be seen in the proximity of some EXO members and vice versa.

What even lol? No it’s because they don’t like other SM artists and are happy EXO is staying away.

EXOL notoriously hate the rest of SM :angryr: :cryingr:

So that’s why I wanted to know if this perception is just an echo chamber.

• Reaction videos don't prove anything, very few SM artists get other label mates reacting to their videos, and most importantly not even exo members react to each other's MVs.

I'd understand using it as a reference if it were a tradition that only left out few people but it's actually the other way around. I remember last year some SJ members did several reaction videos for SM MVs but then not a single soul reciprocated, it's like whatever for me, I don't even watch them lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!