Glitch Mode has aged SO well

• At first I wasn't so sure about the album, especially the latter half...

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But after a couple weeks I have to say this is BY FAR the best NCT Dream album/release to date BunnyJam at 2x It sounds even better now, 2 weeks later.

Even the b-sides I wasn't into at first finally clicked with me except Never Goodbye but we don't talk about her 1x

It's a really nice collection of great songs, and each of the boys got their own spotlight. I personally thought Jaemin stood out in some tracks (like Fire Alarm, Saturday Drip). In Hot Sauce I was under the impression that he didn't get a lot of lines.

And you, what are your thoughts, 2 weeks after the release? What were your favorites back then and now, have they changed?

Glitch Mode, Fire Alarm, Saturday Drip, Arcade and Better than Gold would be my top 5. KittyJam at 2x Fire Alarm is incredible and is instantly my second favorite Dream song after Hello Future, and currently I'm obsessing over Arcade, it's so addictive!

• Dude when I first heard Glitch Mode I was literally like wtf is this shit...and a few listens later it's a banger

The whole album is really great.My favorites aside from GM are Arcade,It's Yours,Teddy Bear and Better Than Gold

The lesson to be learned here is - never doubt the dreamies :claps:

• I agree. I strongly agree.

My top 5 and your top are the same, but Teddy Bear is hovering for the fifth spot.

• my top 5 are Glitch Mode, Saturday Drip, Arcade, Fire Alarm and Teddy Bear. Replay isn't far behind.

i am still iffy about It's Yours and Drive but it is a solid album overall. it is still early to compare how i feel about it in comparison to Hot Sauce.

• No, my opinion hasn’t really changed. I was a little disappointed with Glitch Mode after Hot Sauce and remain so. It’s a good album with a few fantastic songs but it’s not head to toe strong to me the way Hot Sauce was. HS remains my top NCT Dream album and one I listen to all the way through. I definitely had some songs on HS that were growers too so I thought it might be the same with Glitch Mode, but while a few songs have grown (Replay, I’m looking at you) I’m just not feeling it with about half of Glitch Mode.

My top 5 at the start were Fire Alarm, Saturday Drip, Arcade, Glitch Mode and Better Than Gold.

I’d add Teddy Bear and Replay to that list now and probably change the order up.

I said Fire Alarm was the best on the album but am finding down the line that it just doesn’t have repeatability for me. Like I’ll hit replay over and over on Saturday Drip and Arcade but once or twice on Fire Alarm and I’m good, so I can say it’s the best if I’m not wearing it out?

(On the wearing it out metric then, my faves/best on the album would be Saturday Drip, Arcade and Teddy Bear, per stats for Spotify.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I think I can confidently say I like it better than Hot Sauce, some slow songs I don't care about but I really enjoy most of the album a lot, and even the very slow songs I found them not boring. Hot Sauce for me was lacking b-sides with replayability and I found the slow songs very forgettable except for Rainbow.

The repackage with Hello Future, LISGO and Bungee saved it though all of those 3 were extremely good songs, the repackage for Glitch Mode will probably struggle to keep that level of songs... you don't get a

b-side like LISGO often.

But so far, seeing Hot Sauce and Glitch Mode side by side not counting repackages, I like this recent album a lot more, and the title track too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!