Chart watchers are screwed; Lim Young Woong first album release on May 2nd

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• For someone who isn’t a chart watcher who is he lol.

He's a trot (I think) singer. He's got a huge and ultra dedicated fanbase and they block a lot of idol groups on the charts.

• For someone who isn’t a chart watcher who is he lol.

Trot singer from Mr. Trot. A bunch of successful careers launched from that show, but this guy in particular has fans that will stream 24 hours a day basically and when he releases new music, they download him so much he'll instantly debut at #1. I'm scared of how many physicals he'll sell since he has a lot of older women as fans; that means they have more income.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Be prepared for the most extreme fandom shenanigans known to mankind. The way his fans singlehandedly manipulated and distorted GAON exposed how untrustworthy and unreliable Gaon truly is. This song peaked no higher than 24 on Melon Weekly Chart but look what his fans were able to do to Gaon.

FCMOX7aXEAQKJsF.jpg

That song actually peaked at #2 on Melon Weekly lol (chart week of Feb 7-Feb 13).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Yes, but with the low uls and the song actually increasing in ULs (even if its so stable its clearly manipulated) it managed to reach #2 on melon weekly after a few months

That makes sense, i just looked it up and Massive is right. The song started low and grinded higher on Melon.

And yeah, Gaon just got humiliated by his fandom, i remember laughing my ass off when i saw this last year. Not only was he manipulated into #1 but check out his insane digital point score ffs. 47M Gaon points is like 2019 IU levels. =O=O

• That makes sense, i just looked it up and Massive is right. The song started low and grinded higher on Melon.

And yeah, Gaon just got humiliated by his fandom, i remember laughing my ass off when i saw this last year. Not only was he manipulated into #1 but check out his insane digital point score ffs. 47M Gaon points is like 2019 IU levels. =O=O

Yep, that sure was dumb

• BPHouse and Gaon.. pfftt.

I don't like the attitude towards LYW, as though only K-pop idols should have fanatic fandom and others can't.

Or to stereotype his fans as Ajhumma but not BTS fans as teen girls

People and their double standards...hmph

I have been wishing for an IU & LYW duet, if at all, that would be far more formidable Chart blocker.

• Some rumors say aespa will comeback in may, another Savage situation :pepe-back-away:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oohhhh, could he possibly reach 2million sales???? His digital points could be massive on the 1st week :eyes: and his probably gonna win on mucore for 5 consecutive weeks :pepe-sad:

• Wdym not really? Their physicals will be good but digitals are a problem with this guy and voting is even worse.

Come on.. are they doing anything that Kpop fandoms don't?

As RM told Billboard, fans are playing by the rules of the awards/charts/shows, if they don't like it, they should have the conversation and not blame fans.

Same applies to LYW's fans as well.

Mass streaming, bulk buying, crowd funding - as long as it is not cheating.. can be done by all.

ARMY have been saying who is stopping others from building such fandom, well in Korea he has, so why call it a "problem"?

It is just competition

• Well i dislike chart manipulation no matter where its from. Thing with LYW fandom is they put all other fandoms to shame, and that combined with a historically low userbase means the effect they have on the chart is so much bigger.

But if nothing else their dedication and what they are able to do is impressive for sure.

Only a few years more like this and he will be the most streamed artist in the country.

• Well i dislike chart manipulation no matter where its from. Thing with LYW fandom is they put all other fandoms to shame, and that combined with a historically low userbase means the effect they have on the chart is so much bigger.

But if nothing else their dedication and what they are able to do is impressive for sure.

Only a few years more like this and he will be the most streamed artist in the country.

I will just repeat what replied to MassiveKpopFan

Are they doing anything that Kpop fandoms don't?

As RM told Billboard, fans are playing by the rules of the awards/charts/shows, if they don't like it, they should have the conversation and not blame fans.

Same applies to LYW's fans as well.

Mass streaming, bulk buying, crowd funding - as long as it is not cheating.. can be done by all.

ARMY have been saying who is stopping others from building such fandom, well in Korea he has.

There shouldn't be complaints only for him.

• No, did i claim they were?

As i said, i dislike all forms of chart manipulation no matter where its from or who does it, be it fans or companies. Its not cheating, but its still manipulating the charts. The end result is the same.

I dont care what anyone else said about it.

• No, did i claim they were?

As i said, i dislike all forms of chart manipulation no matter where its from or who does it, be it fans or companies. Its not cheating, but its still manipulating the charts. The end result is the same.

I dont care what anyone else said about it.

well that's a conversation to be had independent of any particular artist.

• No they're not, it's just that his fans can do it seemingly nonstop. Most fandoms run out of money and time; not his fans.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• He's a trot (I think) singer. He's got a huge and ultra dedicated fanbase and they block a lot of idol groups on the charts.

Most of his fans are over 45. However, Korea's older people are adept using internet through their phones and they promote him to the high heaven.

He is already third, to IU and BTS

In fact IU's greatest contribution to Kpop was in 2021 when she did block LYW's ascension to the throne of digitals, something she is unlikely to do so this year

• Basically LYW is the BTS of over-50 demographics in Korea, and that demographic is the fast growing of all in there.

If the playing field is equal he would completely dominate.

In fact, his song (actually a remake of an older Lee Moonsae song) is likely to be the #1 in Yearly Melon Chart, and it won't be possible for the Award sponsors to not give a Grand Prize to him, just to boost ratings in Korea at least.

• No they're not, it's just that his fans can do it seemingly nonstop. Most fandoms run out of money and time; not his fans.

Still doesn't make it anything wrong.

Others can complain, as they do with the ARMY. But irrespective of how much they do it - the same respect should be shown to his fandom as well.

• He is already third, to IU and BTS

In fact IU's greatest contribution to Kpop was in 2021 when she did block LYW's ascension to the throne of digitals, something she is unlikely to do so this year

If IU and LYW collaborate, you are going to go ballistic with conspiracy theories aren't you?

As though the Winter Queen of Narnia and Sauron of Tolkien joined together against the land of K-pop.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!