This is what happens when JYPE restocks Twice's albums #FuckJYPE

• This is what happens if they restock albums in few shops and most of them are old albums, now imagine if there was always stock in all the shops...

btw. Formula of Love albums are like $40 on amazon lul

Fuck JYPE :)

The Story Begins - 1118 albums

TWICEcoaster: Lane 1 - 2182 albums

TWICEcoaster: Lane 2 - 444 albums

and that's just Ktown4u...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the usual process of restocking dependent on the retailer's request for more albums? Like, kTown4U and all the rest have to predict what the demand is going to be (which they did for TWICE's concert), then put in a request to The Orchard (the distributors of JYPE albums) for a restock. Only then does The Orchard print out more albums to be sent to the retailers.

I'm just curious what role JYPE actually plays in the album restocking process. Pretty sure they outsourced the entire thing. And yet they're getting the blame for what their partners are (not) doing, as usual.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the usual process of restocking dependent on the retailer's request for more albums? Like, kTown4U and all the rest have to predict what the demand is going to be (which they did for TWICE's concert), then put in a request to The Orchard (the distributors of JYPE albums) for a restock. Only then does The Orchard print out more albums to be sent to the retailers.

I'm just curious what role JYPE actually plays in the album restocking process. Pretty sure they outsourced the entire thing. And yet they're getting the blame for what their partners are (not) doing, as usual.

I mean the demand is here but it’s ridiculous when during preorder period their albums are sold out It barely happens with any JYP artist only with twice.

You can see that their old albums are selling since Jype decided to restock.

A 3rd party distributor isn't printing albums and adding costs without the go ahead from the actual company, which in this instance is JYPE. The Orchard can't just bill JYPE for albums they produced because they were asked by retailers.

At the end of the day it'll come down to economies of scale and the minimum demand JYPE wants to see before they find it's worth it to print more albums. For old albums there's no easy way to truly measure that demand. There's obviously an argument that albums will eventually sell over the years but then you have to take into account storage costs, shelf space etc. Just because your most recent album sold 1m it doesn't mean something you sold 3 years now has the demand to sell that much.

The extra issues Twice have is firstly their back-catalogue is massive in terms of number of physicals. Secondly, JYPE with Twice have always played it incredibly safe, in a sense that they don't back or believe in them the way they should. Twice were still touring in arenas in Japan when they should have been touring in domes. Twice have never toured in Europe despite being one of the biggest names in kpop for years. Their pre-orders get out of stock constantly as the initial demand projections must not be that great. Twice have been pigeonholed in SK with their music as they didn't want to risk the cash cow. For Twice they've nearly always gone for 100% the sure thing as they needed the security they bought. Been a running pattern for years.

• I mean the demand is here but it’s ridiculous when during preorder period their albums are sold out It barely happens with any JYP artist only with twice.

You can see that their old albums are selling since Jype decided to restock.

Demand is set by Retailers wanting to buy Albums, unfortunately, the main sites that international fans use to buy Kpop Albums won't buy any more after Pre-Orders.

Synarra and withdrama are the main Sites where you can buy older Kpop Albums but their price is beyond what International Kpop fans are willing to pay for.

For outside Korea, Republic is responsible for JYPE's Album Sales, I think it's Dreamus for Korean Distributions, so despite all the claims by fans, the hype is not reflected by Retail Demand for the Albums

I wonder do you work in JYPE or are thay paying you for defending the company? Cuz every time someone says something bad about them you are here with some bs...

Most albums are out of stock for over a year.

Now how will you defend albums going out of stock during pre-order period when the pre-orders are for gauging interest. Are people in the company so incompetent that they can't do simple tasks?

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I wonder do you work in JYPE or are thay paying you for defending the company? Cuz every time someone says something bad about them you are here with some bs...

Most albums are out of stock for over a year.

Now how will you defend albums going out of stock during pre-order period when the pre-orders are for gauging interest. Are people in the company so incompetent that they can't do simple tasks?

No, not really. I don't work for JYPE at all. I'm just not anti-establishment / anti-corporation as many of the people on these forums appear to be, and I don't view the interests of the artist and management as opposed to each other. And, having worked in both a large corporation and partially in the creative media industry before, I'm perhaps a bit more sympathetic to the background staff who do the day-to-day operations. I'm aware that corporations aren't faceless entities, but comprised of people who work with the artists very closely every day. So when I see topics that say something like "fuck JYPE" or "fire the stylist" or "terrible management", I'm aware that these people are criticising the people who their favourite artists are probably very close with. Have you ever watched your close friend at work or in school being scolded in public? How does that make you feel, as a bystander? Do you feel happy that the person you work with and do projects with every day is being scolded for their supposed incompetence, especially if you've witnessed how much they've worked and done for you?

The second issue is whether the person who is accused of incompetence is being fairly accused or not. That's why my first comment in this thread was about clarifying who exactly is responsible, and the chain of information / decision-making. I'm open to correction, as I said, and I believe stan12345 clarified that 3rd-party distributors still would need to check with the original company for signoff before printing more albums. But that's already a more nuanced recognition that the process of restocking albums isn't as simple as one company being responsible for making all the decisions that are causing you, the consumer, to have problems. It's a supply-chain issue that has at least three parties involved (publisher, distributors for various regions, retailers), and the decisions of what to restock, how much to stock / restock, and when to restock has multiple points at which errors can be introduced.

Not to mention balance-of-power negotiations between publisher and distributor. Like, I could very well posit an alternative theory that JYPE is pushing as hard as they can for TWICE, but Republic Records is dismissive / underestimating the demand for TWICE albums, being less in-touch with the Kpop scene. And only after the success of "The Feels" does RR start to take TWICE and JYPE seriously, when they can witness their popularity first-hand. Which makes the problem nothing to do with incompetence, but one of trying to overcome institutional barriers. But without more insider knowledge of the actual deals struck or the process involved in distribution, my theory and your theory of "JYPE is doing everything in their power to sabotage TWICE" are equally speculative and without hard proof. It all depends on our initial assumptions about whether management works with or against the artist, which colours our perspective on the interpretation of events.

To use a different analogy to put it into perspective: if the movie "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" isn't playing in a cinema in China, do you blame Marvel Studios for being incompetent and sabotaging "Shang Chi"?

• Why should I as customer care if my favorite artist is friends with some staff? If the person fucked up, they should be scolded if it's not the first time they fucked up maybe it's time to find new worker? JYPE is not some small family company, it's publicly traded company... And to clarify I'm mostly talking about the upper management that can't even stock albums or the same staff that told Jeongyeon that she can't act in the drama her sister was acting as it would hurt her or Twice if she did. Like where is the logic here? Why would you suppress their growth? It's their 7th year and now they are getting their first big solo jobs...

As stan12345 said few times already, JYPE has no idea how to mange group big as Twice, they rode their popularity wave for last 6years doing nothing for them

wdym Republic Records??? when albums went out of stock during PRE-ORDER period on most of KOREAN sites like withdrama and JYPE has very close relationship with them...

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!