What's the difference between not liking a group and being an "anti"?

• Antis are more vocal than fans, they have to take every oportunity to show how they dislike a certain group. Anti behaviour in kpop is more about competitiveness, the fear of another act do better than your favorite one, can happen inside groups too, akgaes hate others members and see them as a threat to their fave.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Anti's just throw hate everywhere about a group, compares them to everyone, finds reasons why a group isn't as good as their faves etc.

someone who doesn't like them just states they aren't a fan of their music and leaves it at that.

• not liking a group is basically just not interacting with their content, the music they release, and not going out of your way to support them. being an anti is showing dislike for a group by outright bashing or shading them

🤍

• Have you run into genuine "antis"? How do you tell the difference. Can you dislike a group's music without being an "anti"? What do you think causes someone to become an "anti"?

Yes, I have, unfortunately. I can tell by whether they hate the members too, or just the music, as well as how often they bring up that they hate those things. Of course you can, everyone has different music tastes! I think someone becomes an anti when they loved a group and then left for whatever reason and became bitter about it, or when they hear about the group's scandals/cultural appropriation and hates them due to that (just to be clear, you can dislike the scandals a group has gotten into and not be an anti, it just depends how frequently and how you express that opinion). Have a great day/night!

• Not anti: "Their music isn't quite my cup of tea, so I'm not fan of them."

Anti: "Their music makes my ear bleed. These ugly plastic-looking members need to stop screaming in their awful, noisy songs. Especially that one Shrek-looking rapper who had a cameo in their label mate's music video 2 years ago. Stan my faves instead."

• Non-anti: "I don't like this song. Let me just not listen to it ever again"

Anti: "FUCK THIS SONG. IT KILLED MY DOG. LET ME GO TELL ALL THEIR FANS ON AKP THEY ARE LITERAL MEDUSA TRASH FOR EVEN LOOKING AT THE SONG TITLE"

That's how I equate it.

~ ω

• Antis are more vocal than fans, they have to take every oportunity to show how they dislike a certain group. Anti behaviour in kpop is more about competitiveness, the fear of another act do better than your favorite one, can happen inside groups too, akgaes hate others members and see them as a threat to their fave.

i don't understand akgae behavior the most. The group's success is your bias' success so why hate on any of the members? It makes no sense. Hating on some members is just more likely to bring the whole group down than elevate your fave.

• antis dedicate themselves more to the people they hate than the ones they like, they know more than the fans themselves

while people who usually don't like a group don't give that much attention to them and focus on their own faves

True, it sometimes really surprised me how much people know about groups they claim to hate.

• not liking a group is basically just not interacting with their content, the music they release, and not going out of your way to support them. being an anti is showing dislike for a group by outright bashing or shading them

if you happen to hear them or say, you are the type to check out all new songs, can you express your dislike without being an anti?

• Yes, I have, unfortunately. I can tell by whether they hate the members too, or just the music, as well as how often they bring up that they hate those things. Of course you can, everyone has different music tastes! I think someone becomes an anti when they loved a group and then left for whatever reason and became bitter about it, or when they hear about the group's scandals/cultural appropriation and hates them due to that (just to be clear, you can dislike the scandals a group has gotten into and not be an anti, it just depends how frequently and how you express that opinion). Have a great day/night!

I can see that, kinda a twist on the familiarity breeds contempt thing or that you can only truly hate something you once loved. That would also explain why so many antis know so much about their targets

• Not anti: "Their music isn't quite my cup of tea, so I'm not fan of them."

Anti: "Their music makes my ear bleed. These ugly plastic-looking members need to stop screaming in their awful, noisy songs. Especially that one Shrek-looking rapper who had a cameo in their label mate's music video 2 years ago. Stan my faves instead."

To be fair, Shrek has terrible flow

• Having a valid and understandable reason why they don't like they group is not an anti. Sometime, some people just cross over the line with their comment and personal attack an idl or a group is an anti

yeah, i get being critical of music, skills, and performance. But don't attack people. I also don't like when people attack looks. People can't help how they look and that's so personal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!