[AKP] Fan analysis of 'Girls Planet 999' voting shows the differences between Korean and international viewers

• Fan analysis of 'Girls Planet 999' voting shows the differences between Korean and international viewers

1634763257-1ca15d32-96e2-42d7-a69f-fbb6de63256f.jpeg

The finale of Girls Planet 999 will air in just two days. Mnet has recently revealed the first interim votes for the program's final round, which, while not final, is the current live vote.

Many fans were disappointed to see that despite the show's goal being to make a lineup consisting of Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese girls, it was currently shown to have almost an entire Korean lineup, with Su Ruiqi being the exception at #9.

Shen Xiaoting's ranking was the biggest surprise due to the fact that not only did she get knocked off of #1 rank where she consistently stayed throughout the program, but dropped out of the top 9 and ranked #16 overall,

A fan on Reddit did an analysis on the voting between Korean fans and International fans,

1634763438-5ee6489d-ff52-4c0a-8186-653c2124ae6c.jpeg

When you look at who Korean fans allegedly voted for most, it turns out every top 9 ranker is Korean. Meaning the bottom 9 is entirely Chinese and Japanese.

Meanwhile, by global votes, the lineup becomes more mixed. While the lineup is still majority Korean, there are 4 foreigners represented in the top 9 as well. Su Ruiqi & Fu Yaning represent the Chinese line, while Sakamoto Mashiro & Kawaguchi Yurinarepresent the Japanese line.

This means that Su Ruiqi & Fu Yaning (#9 & #10) are the highest-ranked foreigners overall and are only within the area of top 9 thanks to International fans' efforts.

Many fans have expressed disappointment that they've wasted their time watching a show that was meant to create a multinational Kpop group aiming towards a global demographic, turning into a potential All-Korean lineup. And that no matter how hardworking the foreigners were during this program, the fact that they're not Korean is enough to be dropped by Korean fans.

Some Korean netizens have boasted about this being a national pride for them and that their goal is to get Kim Bora, who is ranked #11 overall and is the lowest ranking Korean right now, into the final lineup in order for not even a single foreigner to make the final group.

1634763613-53778d85-37f8-4032-9495-9f47dc5ecf3b.jpeg

Many fans are in fear that fan favorites like Shen Xiaoting, Fu Yaning, Ezaki Hikaru, and more will miss their chance at debut due to the discrepancy in voting by Korean fans.

Voting closes during the season finale of Girls Planet 999 this Friday.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm sorry this whole situation makes my blood boil

Same. We really were so close to having a perfect lineup, but Kfans ruined it because having a pure Korean lineup is more important than creating a high quality GG

• Same. We really were so close to having a perfect lineup, but Kfans ruined it because having a pure Korean lineup is more important than creating a high quality GG

I really hope the people that are doing that and think like that actually support the group after it.

Or else they would be pathetic losers with nothing else to do than download a 2GB app on their phones just to make some girls not debut

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• Same. We really were so close to having a perfect lineup, but Kfans ruined it because having a pure Korean lineup is more important than creating a high quality GG

To be fair it is a small minority that are engaging in this Nationalism angle

Most of the votes towards K-Group girls are because the people voting genuinely like that specific Girl more than the rest (including more than other Korean Group girls)

And you can see even in International voting Korean contestants have gotten the most votes with 4 of the Top 6 being Korean contestants

My initial fear was that voting once restrictions were lifted votes would be divided between the Groups something like

Korean Voters = 80/20 split Korean/non Korean

International Voters = 35/65 split Korean/non Korean

I was on the right track but it was so much worse than I was anticipating, I am estimating it is something more like

Korean Voters = 95/5

International Voters = 60/40

Which means Yes, even a 9/0 lineup is possible, 7/2 probably at best unless something drastic changes

• I could understand that if it was 5-6 Koreans and/or if there were 3 foreigners at most in the top 9

But for it to be 8/9 Koreans in the overall vote and apparently 9/9 in Korea is a pattern, one that def isn’t based off coincidence of liking someone who happens to be Korean

As bad as it is when it comes to Kfans, Mnet are Avery much higher to blame. Cuz why wouldn’t they stick by the restrictions, or do a more fair vote like vote for 9 girls, or even just do 1 pick with a 100% global (Korea included) vote instead of giving people who will vote entirely for their own 50% of the power

:crys:

• I wonder if MNET would make a second group that is more diverse from the contestants who don't make it. If it really turns into a 9/0 or 8/1 lineup, I can't imagine the group will do very well in Japan or China and I thought that was the point of the group- being able to sell well in at least those 3 markets.

• I wonder if MNET would make a second group that is more diverse from the contestants who don't make it. If it really turns into a 9/0 or 8/1 lineup, I can't imagine the group will do very well in Japan or China and I thought that was the point of the group- being able to sell well in at least those 3 markets.

Not to mention how bad it would look for them to do their normal Top 9 reveal as one by one the Korean Contestants are called up and the J and C Group Girls slowly realize its all K-Group, it would be super awkward and not at all what Mnet would have wanted narratively or their shows Finale

They simply cannot do that, so Mnet will have to do something, I just don't know what it is they will do, and I also don't trust them at doing anything effectively at this point anyway

So I am expecting the worst, but I will still be watching, way to invested in this shit show to turn it off now

:pepe-popcorn:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!