Love and Leashes…. Opinion

• Just ended watching it. Even though I didn’t expected them to go all out like in FSG, it was way more tamed than expected.

It had many funny cringe worthy moments. But overall a standard romcom in my opinion.

Seohyun’s character as a Dom didn’t took much risks, but was still naturally acted. Lee Jun-Young character as a Sub on the other hand had some extremely cringy moments, but acted out quite naturally as well.

I wish they would have went a little deeper with the complexity a DS/SM relationship could have when mixed with romantic feelings. I felt this was a bit underdeveloped in the story even though it was supposed to be their biggest conflict.

Had some criticism towards toxic masculinity and the message that people should be more open minded.

It wasn’t groundbreaking cause I could tell they still played it safe. But it was a cute romcom. I think the chemistry between the ml and fm was good too.

PS* thought the side story with his ex felt kinda flat too. She was just there to let us viewers know why he was afraid of a romantic relationship, but her appearance didn’t served any further purpose. She was also just being annoying as well.

• SandyBee3

Changed the title of the thread from “Love and Leashes” to “Love and Leashes…. Opinion”.
  • OMG I didn't know it was going to be released internationally today, i thought it was going to be only in korea :OOO

i'm gonna watch it right now :OOO

I wish they would have went a little deeper with the complexity a DS/SM relationship could have when mixed with romantic feelings. I felt this was a bit underdeveloped in the story even though it was supposed to be their biggest conflict.

it's still a korean movie, so i can understand why they played it safe

but i still think it's cool that they were enough open minded to do a movie like this

and i'm glad that seohyun isn't afraid to take on acting role that an "idol GG member" would be to afraid to take

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I have not seen the movie but i saw this clip from the movie on Twitter :angryr::angryr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah its out internationally on Netflix, even with dub lol.

I know that because its a Korean movie they would play it safe, what I mean with not fully developed is that the conflict didn’t felt that complicated enough even though they wanted us to believe it was.

But yeah, the fact that they were open minded enough to even create a movie with that topic is a big step I guess.

I already felt that Seohyun is willing to take matured leading roles, I liked her character in Private Lives too and it had a lot of passionate kissing scenes which Idols would actually try to avoid.

• I have not seen the movie but i saw this clip from the movie on Twitter :angryr::angryr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Girl …. I was dying, I had to stop several times I couldn’t watch it in one go

:angryr::angryr:

He took this role really serious

:jennie5:

• i expected more intimacy, more kiss, more eroticsm. But i should have known better since this is still a kfilm. Some scenes are not fleshed out enough, like for example on how Jiwoo decides to join the play so suddenly. At one point she said he's cute, and the next second she already agreed to become his master. I think it make more sense if she takes awhile to process and agree

IMO, the only cringy moment was that doggy part. I really can't stomach them...poor guy rofl.

Also the kiss in here was hot, too bad we only got one

💙 on Twitter
    “seohyun and lee jun young 🤭🥵 *spoiler* #loveandleashes (18+) https://t.co/rqcY2kKkkd”
    twitter.com

Overall 8/10. It's a romantic comedy that includes healthy introduction to BDSM. I'm happy Seohyun chose this role, she introduced me to Jun

• I really liked this movie. It was actually kind of sweet. I was expecting it to be pretty tame since it's still a K-film, but the leads had really good chemistry. I appreciate that it also tried to give the facts about bdsm and the types of dynamics it covers.

• Just finished it, and I liked it. Yeah, there were some cringe parts, but imo, the standard romcom approach suited it. I think a lot of BDSM stuff that gets popular tends toward "omg, what a bunch of weird freaks!" and a lot of it encourages really unsafe situations if someone were to emulate it. So the sweet approach with Jiwoo trying to make sure she really understood and did the right things and trying to understand Jihoo's mind was really what made it for me.

It was also fun to see Ahn Seung Gyun so soon again after just seeing him in All of Us are Dead. I didn't realize he was such a busy actor.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I think a lot of BDSM stuff that gets popular tends toward "omg, what a bunch of weird freaks!" and a lot of it encourages really unsafe situations if someone were to emulate it.

Yeah, like people who specifically search for people who are into it to take advantage of them. It has a lot to do with consent and I think it was good that they put a lot of emphasis on it!

• As a person who doesn't love Kdramas and finds them very cringey, I loved this movie more than I expected and I will definetly re-watch it again :)

I have also found the lack of sex and nudity very fresh and interesting: I am very used to Hollywood movies were they throw sex scenes into movies just for the sake of it, so it was intresting for to see a concept like BDSM explored outside sex without coming off as 'prude'. I loved how the movies explored the main characters' minds and thoughts

• as someone who LOVES U-kiss Jun...my favorite so far has been Let me Be Your Knight I'm only 40 minutes in and compared to the other stuff i've watched it feels like he's a pansy in this it's cracking me up. I cannot take this serious right now given how he's acted in other dramas. It's funny. yet a bit cringe. him acting like a dog had me face palming. complete opposite of what i'm used to from him. I am definitely going to finish the rest of it but yeah. from the teaser images i expected something much different lol. Still Jun is amazing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!