Would you be okay with attending a concert where the idols mostly lipsynced while dancing?

• concert? ehh maybe since i never get to see kpop concerts irl anyway

in general, no

unless there's something cool and different in the choreo and stage setup, there's nothing of value in a live performance without live vocals

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Arashi, one of the most popular groups in Japan, is generally notorious for lip-synced even at their concerts, and their fans have no problem with that. They probably don't care because Arashi's concerts are full of attractions like a Broadway show. Fireworks shows, moving stages, water or fire shows, acrobatic shows... Whatever you are looking for, they have it. At concerts like this, I guess it doesn't matter if they lip sync or not. But if it's a vocal-based concert, like Adale or Ed, I guess no one would prefer it.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• No, and I don't know why, really. Even if they're putting their 100% into the choreo and visuals, there's just something about hearing them sing in the moment which makes the performance special for me.

• Arashi, one of the most popular groups in Japan, is generally notorious for lip-synced even at their concerts, and their fans have no problem with that. They probably don't care because Arashi's concerts are full of attractions like a Broadway show. Fireworks shows, moving stages, water or fire shows, acrobatic shows... Whatever you are looking for, they have it. At concerts like this, I guess it doesn't matter if they lip sync or not. But if it's a vocal-based concert, like Adale or Ed, I guess no one would prefer it.

now I want to go look up some of their concert vids lol

• No, and I don't know why, really. Even if they're putting their 100% into the choreo and visuals, there's just something about hearing them sing in the moment which makes the performance special for me.

yeah even if their vocals aren't perfect there is something about the connection they make with the crowd when they sing live it's more authentic I don't know how else to describe it.

• Would not.

I can watch the promotional stuff like Music Bank and Inkigayo for free.

And this is both either online or in person, espcially would not for in person because of the effort I would have to put to go.

• I mean, hypothetically, if they really delivered on a spectacle otherwise? But I don't know that most idol groups would be able to. And I can think of some old metal groups that delivered on a spectacle, ran all around the stage for the whole time hyping up the crowd, and didn't have the breaks for changing clothes or whatever that most idol concerts seem to have, and sang live. So I leave room for the fact that maybe there could be a version of this that exists that I'd feel okay with, but it's not likely.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• now I want to go look up some of their concert vids lol

Johnnys groups are known for their really great and fun concerts. Arashi and KAT-TUN with their stage shows, Kanjani8 with their concerts as entertaining as a circus lol

Arashi

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KAT-TUN

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• Who's Johnny?

• Who's Johnny?

Johnnys Entertainment is named after its founder, Johnny Kitagawa. Usually their groups are called Johnnys groups.^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!