What will happen if female idol have the same controversy as Free Zia ?

• Honestly speaking... then what about stylist who use/cut parts of clothes from multiple brands and make stage outfits from them?

how would you react when you would learn that your fav idol wore a top which was made from parts of clothes from 2 different brands which are rivals/competitors?

another thing is that I was overall surprised knowing that Freezia even has some deal with company, this is one of those wrong things in Korea, because here in Poland when someone is youtuber/influencer they ain't working under someone, but they basically start their own company after first success on youtube. At first of course they are self-employed, later on if popularity rises they hire some people. In Korean case it's different, so we should focus if it's her own fault, or is it agency mistake

You bring up a good point.

Also, the items idols where in MVs are usually brand pieces right? And most times, companies don't want to spend that kind of money on stage outfits, so they recreate those items for performance. Though, perhaps in those cases, they get the brands permission? Hmm, I don't know.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• You bring up a good point.

Also, the items idols where in MVs are usually brand pieces right? And most times, companies don't want to spend that kind of money on stage outfits, so they recreate those items for performance. Though, perhaps in those cases, they get the brands permission? Hmm, I don't know.

depends I'm sure that sometimes brands sends those clothes just for free ad, because after all MV can be treated as big ad :D

of course I speak about the original clothes, full as they are

in same time for example Dahyun's skirt in Alcohol Free MV was made from scarves from three companies: Dior, Hermes, and Gucci, but then again... that would be stylists fault if companies didn't like it, not artist fault

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Like all idols do? Forget idols but like all celebrities in the public eye do?

And from what i read she was not sponsoring the bag but something else from dior. Not a smart move but nothing to get so worked up about.

This was her job and lifestyle. A rich hot influencer girl who has luxury items at her fingertips. Her whole gig was reviewing and wearing luxury stuff. She used to even do give aways as stated above. But she was buying and reviewing fake stuff and passing them as real. She deleted tons of post for a reason.

Celebrities having a fake personality to do their job is very different. Let's not act like celebrities with fake exposed persona don't get attacked. At least their job is real. Her whole job itself was fake to an extent. I don't know why some are so obtuse about this or can't see the problem. I guess it's because the brands are rich so it's fine.

You bring up a good point.

Don't the brands just let them borrow it? I mean so many groups wear the designer outfits for music shows etc.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• depends I'm sure that sometimes brands sends those clothes just for free ad, because after all MV can be treated as big ad :D

of course I speak about the original clothes, full as they are

in same time for example Dahyun's skirt in Alcohol Free MV was made from scarves from three companies: Dior, Hermes, and Gucci, but then again... that would be stylists fault if companies didn't like it, not artist fault

I'm talking about when the stylist full on remakes the pieces using a cheaper material. As was done for Twice's Feel Special stages. The wore the original pieces in the MV, but the stylist remade the pieces for their music show stages.

Though, I answered my own question. In cases like that, they are not copying the companies logo, so it isn't the same.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This was her job and lifestyle. A rich hot influencer girl who has luxury items at her fingertips. Her whole gig was reviewing and wearing luxury stuff. She used to even do give aways as stated above. But she was buying and reviewing fake stuff and passing them as real. She deleted tons of post for a reason.

Celebrities having a fake personality to do their job is very different. Let's not act like celebrities with fake exposed persona don't get attacked. At least their job is real. Her whole job itself was fake to an extent. I don't know why some are so obtuse about this or can't see the problem. I guess it's because the brands are rich so it's fine.

Don't the brands just let them borrow it? I mean so many groups wear the designer outfits for music shows etc.

Sometimes, maybe they do, but I know some of Twice's stage outfits are remade versions of the items.

Only reason people could tell was because the remade items were created so poorly, it was obvious those weren't the same outfits from the MV.

• Nothing lol. Maybe a few antis will poke fun at them but most of the blame will be shifted to the staff/stylist. Most of the idols outfit issues are very clearly put on the staff even today where mistreatment is treated as a sport in the kpop space.

An idols job is to dance, sing, rap. Clothing isn't something that's entirely under their control or they can be blamed for.

Meanwhile luxury goods was an integral part of freezias image if I'm not wrong. I'm not familiar with influencers/reality TV stars but if they plan on starting a clothing/luxury store it creates bad good will from the get go. It's a bad business move rather than something to be canceled for imo.

Desbundar

• Sometimes, maybe they do, but I know some of Twice's stage outfits are remade versions of the items.

Only reason people could tell was because the remade items were created so poorly, it was obvious those weren't the same outfits from the MV.

What about the alcohol free outfits that they wore for studio choom for af? Do you think those are recreated too? Some were Versace pieces in the mv

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• What about the alcohol free outfits that they wore for studio choom for af? Do you think those are recreated too? Some were Versace pieces.

I'm not sure. This is something I have only seen for music show performances. Not anything promoted wise.

• if an idol did this it would depend on the idol and the "fakeness" in question and why they did what they did...

not if there were nugu and merely wearing it and not showing it off per se probably no biggie

but if they were non-nugu and actively promoted the brand or like brands they it would amount to misleading and deceptiveness and possibly breach of contract no?

like if Jennie was wearing knock off channel or Jisoo wearing fake Dior for example that would destroy them no? lol

at the end of the day I think it boils down to reputation and character (and to a certain extent image) you as an idol or jia as an influencer have a reputation built upon a certain image and doing this is contrary to the image that she is trying to portray and thus certain people are attacking her character because of it...(rightly or wrongly)

• Also, I find it funny how they want to lock people up and throw away the key for smoking a little weed. Like, they want to throw them UNDER the jail and bury them. But, no one really seems to care about the legal implications of Freezia knowingly wearing dupes.

I thought Koreans were harsh on anything that had to do with celebrities breaking the law, but I guess they actually hold a special kind of hatred for drugs.

Dupes aren't the same as fake copies dupes are legal and usually they don't include the designer logo and usually the companies will tweak a little bit the original design so it won't be mistaken as a fake replica

• Honestly speaking... then what about stylist who use/cut parts of clothes from multiple brands and make stage outfits from them?

how would you react when you would learn that your fav idol wore a top which was made from parts of clothes from 2 different brands which are rivals/competitors?

another thing is that I was overall surprised knowing that Freezia even has some deal with company, this is one of those wrong things in Korea, because here in Poland when someone is youtuber/influencer they ain't working under someone, but they basically start their own company after first success on youtube. At first of course they are self-employed, later on if popularity rises they hire some people. In Korean case it's different, so we should focus if it's her own fault, or is it agency mistake

Well there is nothing wrong in wearing multiple pieces of clothing from different brands even the brands in question are rival that's the brands problem not the individual the issue here is wearing fake clothes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!