One of the reasons as why idols are still seen as robots is bc of some fans reactions!

• I was thinking about doing this thread earlier, but i was lazy :clown: so after the "incident" with Bang Chan yet again over nothing i will talk about it.

To the topic:

We have almost 0 idols who freely talks about themselves, their problems, their friends, life style, etc, but even with this super negative number, we still have some idols who are more open and even "honest" with the public, but the problem is: the moment an idol does open up with "the public" what is the reaction?

Yes, a large part, intentionally, take the idol's word out of context and do the most to spread "problematic behavior" on all sns just bc the said idol, boooom, expressed themselves freely. Yes!

Talking about other idol?? Attention seeker!

Answering fans concerns? Attention seeker!

Interacting with fans and always saying how they are truly feeling?? Attention seeker!

Showing some disappointment with the "idol life"? Attention seeker, rude behavior and ungrateful!

The biggest problem is: some fans are WEIRD and they think their bias lives are a dollhouse where they can just put or take out people, personal likes and the idol itself privacy! We shouldn't take consideration over crazy fans losing their mind over nothing, we should encourage idols to be themselves or to at least feel ok over talking, bc even TALKING is a difficult thing for some as one little mistake and booom, you are done and you are a problematic idol forever.

So taking everything in consideration, yes, I'm thankful we have a Bang Chan bc this boy always tries his best to show himself as himself and his intentions shouldn't be used to shit on him when everything he does is acting like a normal human being! Side note: we aren't perfect so expecting someone to be just shows how toxic your mindset is! Change yourself!

Do you know what i think? Some are afraid of seeing idols as humans bc their "perfect doll fantasy" will break down, but i hope someday this whole crazy thing breaks down and idols can just be themselves in front of us.

I want to remind everyone that the most beautiful thing in a human is their humanity! We shouldn't fake emotions for the sake of a false recognition, we shouldn't expect others to satisfy our illusions! We shouldn't treat others like they are our ownership! So yes, this is my opinion.

Let's be free!

Bye and I'm sorry if it is a little messy, i just wanted to share my opinion fast :-)  AND PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMERS!!!

• monalisalove

Changed the title of the thread from “One of the reasons as why idols are still seen as robots are some fans reactions!” to “One of the reasons as why idols are still seen as robots is bc of some fans reactions!”.
  • I agree, the negative response they get is disheartening to see itself but it's more disappointing when I see comments trying to unintentionally justify the hate by saying stuffs like "they knew what they were getting into" or ''should have avoided saying this and that" etc. Like there will be no change as long as we continue to normalize this kind of behaviour.

• I agree, the negative response they get is disheartening to see itself but it's more disappointing when I see comments trying to unintentionally justify the hate by saying stuffs like "they knew what they were getting into" or ''should have avoided saying this and that" etc. Like there will be no change as long as we continue to normalize this kind of behaviour.

Totally! The worst is: "they knew some fans would react aggressively so they shouldn't talk about it/them" bc this is so ridiculous. I already talked about this some months ago, but we really have some "invisible censorship" in kpop and we shouldn't ignore such weird behaviors.

• Totally! The worst is: "they knew some fans would react aggressively so they shouldn't talk about it/them" bc this is so ridiculous. I already talked about this some months ago, but we really have some "invisible censorship" in kpop and we shouldn't ignore such weird behaviors.

It's sad that this is the norm now. I may get called boomer by some users here but 2nd gen fans really got to see the best of all interactions wise. Though it had its toxic moments but it was still 1000 times better than the current situation :peperun:

• You know what, I never thought about this, but now that you mention this, I can see it. I'm thankful we have people like Chan and Hyunjin that are still willing to talk about the things you mentioned, but I fear the inevitable day when people like them will not speak out about anything anymore, fearful to say the wrong thing and create a scandal or negatively impact their group as a whole. I hope so too. I don't know if it's true or not, but one Stay a while back said that after Chan's first wave of massive hate, he started to change and say what Stays wanted to hear him say and become what they wanted him to be like instead of himself. I really hope this isn't true and it makes me sad to think that it could be, but as much as I hate the thought of it, it is possible (I don't know for sure either way, just something I heard somewhere, so treat it as speculation at best until proven otherwise). If it is true, I can very safely say that I'd much rather know the real Chan than his persona. I'm sure both are equally lovely though.

This kind of reminds me of how someone once said that the reason why some people get so disappointed in Chan is because a lot of fans hype him up as some sort of perfect person and then they take it seriously, so they get shocked and angry when he messes up. I forget who said it or where, but it stuck with me. I had also never thought about that before, but once someone pointed it out, it made perfect sense to me. Not in any way trying to say that you copied them at all, and that comment was made month ago on YouTube, so don't get the wrong idea, I'm just pointing out how your post gave me similar vibes to that one for some reason.

I understand your side and am completely fine with you using him as an example. I used to see idols as perfect human beings too, but once I opened my eyes, I realized I liked the idea of them being normal people better than the idea of them being flawless. It made them more relatable and more human to me. I used to even see Chan that way because of all the "Chan's comforting words" videos I used to watch and all the comments praising him for helping them a lot, then I began to notice small things we didn't exactly see eye to eye on and instead of getting mad at him (that would be stupid), I began to see him as a flawed, but still overall great, human being, just like most people. Have a great day/night!

• It's sad that this is the norm now. I may get called boomer by some users here but 2nd gen fans really got to see the best of all interactions wise. Though it had its toxic moments but it was still 1000 times better than the current situation :peperun:

Totally. The way HUMAN INTERACTIONS are soooo prohibited bc some fans are delusional is sad! Literally!!

• Humans are a bunch of hypocrites,what's new?

The fans are constantly crying for their favorite idols to be treated better(and rightfully so),yet when the actual idols themselves come under the same pretense they call them attention seekers :clown:

Not only that, but let's say that they're mad at them for doing something wrong. They get upset with him (understandable and okay, as long as they handle it maturely) and tear them apart online (not okay at all). Aren't they just lowering themselves down to the idol's level? How do they not think of that? They're doing something wrong (and so is the idol is this hypothetical situation) so no one is in the right morally. If you want to call out the bad behavior, go ahead, but criticize the behavior itself, not the person behind it.

It's sad that this is the norm now. I may get called boomer by some users here but 2nd gen fans really got to see the best of all interactions wise. Though it had its toxic moments but it was still 1000 times better than the current situation :peperun:

I'm really sad I wasn't a fan back then. It sounds like a much more peaceful and all-around better time. Have a great day/night!

• You know what, I never thought about this, but now that you mention this, I can see it. I'm thankful we have people like Chan and Hyunjin that are still willing to talk about the things you mentioned, but I fear the inevitable day when people like them will not speak out about anything anymore, fearful to say the wrong thing and create a scandal or negatively impact their group as a whole. I hope so too. I don't know if it's true or not, but one Stay a while back said that after Chan's first wave of massive hate, he started to change and say what Stays wanted to hear him say and become what they wanted him to be like instead of himself. I really hope this isn't true and it makes me sad to think that it could be, but as much as I hate the thought of it, it is possible (I don't know for sure either way, just something I heard somewhere, so treat it as speculation at best until proven otherwise). If it is true, I can very safely say that I'd much rather know the real Chan than his persona. I'm sure both are equally lovely though.

This kind of reminds me of how someone once said that the reason why some people get so disappointed in Chan is because a lot of fans hype him up as some sort of perfect person and then they take it seriously, so they get shocked and angry when he messes up. I forget who said it or where, but it stuck with me. I had also never thought about that before, but once someone pointed it out, it made perfect sense to me. Not in any way trying to say that you copied them at all, and that comment was made month ago on YouTube, so don't get the wrong idea, I'm just pointing out how your post gave me similar vibes to that one for some reason.

I understand your side and am completely fine with you using him as an example. I used to see idols as perfect human beings too, but once I opened my eyes, I realized I liked the idea of them being normal people better than the idea of them being flawless. It made them more relatable and more human to me. I used to even see Chan that way because of all the "Chan's comforting words" videos I used to watch and all the comments praising him for helping them a lot, then I began to notice small things we didn't exactly see eye to eye on and instead of getting mad at him (that would be stupid), I began to see him as a flawed, but still overall great, human being, just like most people. Have a great day/night!

Finally an essay answer to my essay thread! :froghype: kkkk

I always thought like this about kpop, but it seems like things are getting worse with the "no interaction" thing so i just wanted to talk about it.

I think my pov is pretty common tbh so for sure some think like me. I never saw the comment you are talking about, but i understand how my thread isn't that unique kkkk, i like how fans are even more open to talk about it.

He isn't perfect for sure, but he seems like a caring person so fans hyping him up isn't to shade others, it's just fans being happy with him, obviously this will lead to some hate bc "wait!!! Your idol isn't perfect, my idol is" type of strange competition in kpop, but overall i like his attitude and i hope he is ok.

• Much needed thread!

It always blows my mind how some fans are quick to dissect anything an idol says when they’re trying to open up/be more honest about what they’re going through.

Also, the fact they can’t even freely mention their friends or their relationships with other celebs without people over reading everything is weird af…

• Much needed thread!

It always blows my mind how some fans are quick to dissect anything an idol says when they’re trying to open up/be more honest about what they’re going through.

Also, the fact they can’t even freely mention their friends or their relationships with other celebs without people over reading everything is weird af…

Thank you <3

Yes, trying to police all their actions, behaviors and even way of "walking" shouldn't be seen as "a kpop thing", this is weird and creepy behavior! I hope some day things get better!

• The thing is this isn't kpop specific.

There's a cultural aspect to a lot of the behaviours you see from idols that is present in multiple facets of South Korean entertainment (a way to act, a way to speak, a way to behave etc), you'd probably see it in China and Japan as well. Just like how some cultural appropriation remarks that international fans blow up on this side gets quizzical responses from "knetz".

Fans have a habit of worrying about things they don't care for on a personal level purely because of what it can translate to on the domestic front.

• The thing is this isn't kpop specific.

There's a cultural aspect to a lot of the behaviours you see from idols that is present in multiple facets of South Korean entertainment (a way to act, a way to speak, a way to behave etc), you'd probably see it in China and Japan as well. Just like how some cultural appropriation remarks that international fans blow up on this side gets quizzical responses from "knetz".

Fans have a habit of worrying about things they don't care for on a personal level purely because of what it can translate to on the domestic front.

It isn't, but I'm more familiar with the kpop community so i talked about the "idolsxfans" thing, but it sure can be used in a more "deep" convo.

• I know nothing about DAY6 but it’s funny to see Jae is getting hated because he expressed his worries.

People took out his words out of context and pushed the narrative that he is an attention seeker or that he should be more careful because he will hurt fans.?/!&/: But they are the first ones to say idols should talk about idol treatments in kpop and be more expressive. So why when an actual idol who is under the Korean industry is getting jumped while he exposing the dark sides of kpop. We shouldn’t invalide his feelings.

• Yes! I know how that feels. I love essay answers because they're usually so through and detailed and you can tell a lot of effort was put into them. That makes sense and is understandable. I can respect that.

It is, which is a good thing, because I think what you said is accurate. Probably not. It was under some random YouTube video, I forget which one, was made a while ago and never blew up, so I'd be far more surprised if you did see it than if you didn't. I wasn't trying to imply that your thread isn't unique by referencing my similar post and I apologize if it came across like that. I just saw it as a cool coincidence, so wanted to point it out for that reason.

I agree with everything in your last paragraph. I don't think fans mean to shade others when they call Chan kind, just some people take everything personally or interpret things the wrong way. Have a great day/night!

• I know nothing about DAY6 but it’s funny to see Jae is getting hated because he expressed his worries.

People took out his words out of context and pushed the narrative that he is an attention seeker or that he should be more careful because he will hurt fans.?/!&/: But they are the first ones to say idols should talk about idol treatments in kpop and be more expressive. So why when an actual idol who is under the Korean industry is getting jumped while he exposing the dark sides of kpop. We shouldn’t invalide his feelings.

The fact that some want "perfect idols who just smile" while also wanting "more freedom to my bias" just shows how toxic and weird their mindset is. It's the fake concern!!

I also know nothing about him, but people trying to come for him every time he says something just show how ugly (inside) and sad these people are.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!