Idol visuals are greatly exaggerated (in real life)

• Talking about real life here. I think people get surprised seeing a celebrity but someone like who isn't impressed by celebrity status just see them without that halo factor. My first impression seeing idols is that their makeup is turned to 11, like such a thick and polished layering that I'd describe it like flesh lacquer. Also I'm someone who is more used to no-make up or 'natural' style versus heavy makeup.

Some idols who look very impressive on screen are different in person, from personal experience, Miyeon, fromis Nakyung, Yoona. I'm sorry to say it but I had to play up Miyeon's visual when I talked to her "oh, you look like a princess" but my mind just though she looked like a regular cute girl. When I saw Yoona IRL I didn't think it was worth giving a second look because her visual didn't impress me. Anyway, I'm not calling these idols unattractive, they are, but aren't as impressive as on screen.

However, their bodies are still consistent. If they are known to have nice bodies on screen it would also carry in real life, and sometimes even more attractive. But then when backup dancers are also on stage they may seem more sexier than the idols, especially the voluptuous backup dancers.

I say idol idol visuals are exaggerated because when I compared them to certain other people (just regular people), the visuals of those other people was almost heart attack inducing. It was that impressive. I'd stan in a second but I can't because they aren't celebrities. Obviously compared to the majority of regular people idols stand out more. But at the same time they are wearing a 'mask'. So rather than beauty I started to appreciate female idols more on uniqueness or if their faces give off a good vibe.

• My experience is the exact opposite. When I saw Twice in person, they were much more beautiful than the pictures show.

Pictures just didn't do them justice.

Same when I saw them in concert, I was legit surprised at how much prettier they were in person. Like they already are gorgeous on screen but the true beauty of them really shows in person!

~ ω

• Well in my personal opinion when idols looks great on screen, they look as good in real life

and there's some idol who look great but look even better once you see them in real life, i never understood the hype around Rosé visual before but when i saw her at Blackpink concert, i was mesmerized by her beauty

but never see any idol who looked great on screen, but didn't look well in real life

All i know is that Blackpink members and Irene look as good in real life than they look on screen

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Same when I saw them in concert, I was legit surprised at how much prettier they were in person. Like they already are gorgeous on screen but the true beauty of them really shows in person!

Yep! I also think a good amount of that beauty comes across in charisma and personality.

So maybe that's not what the OP is looking for, or is somehow missing?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I think the stage lighting makes them look better somehow, or they put on more makeup for the stage. On the other hand at a fan sign or somewhere else they aren't performing and you can see them close, there will be a difference

• Yep! I also think a good amount of that beauty comes across in charisma and personality.

So maybe that's not what the OP is looking for, or is somehow missing?

Yup! It was so cute watching Twice interact during the concert and really hyping up the crowd and speaking to us!

~ ω

• I think the stage lighting makes them look better somehow, or they put on more makeup for the stage. On the other hand at a fan sign or somewhere else they aren't performing and you can see them close, there will be a difference

And he's backpedaling already. That was fast.

"

Teshub: Idols visuals in real life are overrated

Other user: I saw them in person on stage and they were more beautiful

Teshub: That's different! On stage is different! Stop ruining my arguments with your logic!

"

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Tzuyu has no such problems.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Many idols are just smoke and mirrors (or lighting and makeup that is..) but idk because I only watch them from my screen, so as long as they give good performances I'm content, even if it's not real life

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!