GOT The Beat 'Step Back' performance was epic for the following reasons [appreciation thread]

• We've seen quite some threads that fully dove into what people didn't like of Girls on Top's first song, to such extent that I thought, 'there's enough to like about it that gets snowed under like this: so why not create a thread that discusses those'?

In another thread I've already mentioned the things that I had other expectations of, but the following are the things I liked and appreciated of the entire performance and song:

* song+performance together give off a very powerful vibe

This group consists of 4 generations of top tier powerhouses and it's noticeable. Damn, this such a powerful group, I want to see many more performances of them, all kinds!

* Those vocals!

Even with the underutilisation of their vocals, these top talented vocalists still managed to slay, the power that their joined vocals generated was awe inspiring

* Wendy <3

this performance confirms even more what should've been known long ago: Wendy's an ace. With her performances in the SNSD collab Way To Go, SBS Gayo Dajeun's All I Want for Christmas Is You, GOT's Step Back and other show performances in the past few weeks alone, she showed that she has as much an abundance of stage presence and has become as much a top performer and chameleon queen as Seulgi, able to dominate the stage no matter what genre or type of music. It'll fit her all as a glove anyway. I want to see more of this Wendy, and more, and more :love:

* the chorus

I can't put my finger on it, but chorus and theme in the song has something of a middle eastern vibe to it in some of its structure. And I like it! When they all start to sing together, I feel goosebumps rise on my skin. That attitude, that sassiness! That 'devil may care' vibe, those moves, Winter's and Taeyeon's fist strikes, Boa's fluidity, those belts, those gazes: I enjoy every bit of it. And I want more.

* the beginning is the end, it's a closed circle?

Something I noticed after rewatching, looks like the intro fits the outro of the song, they even end in the same pose as they started? Neat, and intriguing.

* They're a pack: one crew, one tribe

Even with an age difference of 15 years or so and with members of 4 generations of K-pop, the group didn't feel like loose sand: they were a unit, complementing eachother, fitting in the style and vibe as if they've been one group for years. It'd be a shame if this was a onetime thing, this group needs and deserves many more songs and performances (and we need it too)

So, what were the things you liked or appreciated of the performance and the song? :-)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Something that isn't talked about is Karina's and Hyo's raps. I love them and they are fire.

Hyoyeon also really shined here. Her sassy energy and style works so well!

๐Ÿ’ฃ๐ŸŽ‡ P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฃ
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸP1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

• Something that isn't talked about is Karina's and Hyo's raps. I love them and they are fire.

Hyoyeon also really shined here. Her sassy energy and style works so well!

I didn't want to make a 1st post with 20-30+ points that would fill the entire page :nervousk:

But you're entirely right, the rap parts and break were great too, damn, they rapped fast, and then that confidence and sassiness of Karina and Hyo, I loved it :lover3:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Sorry, I'm gonna be shallow rn. They all looked incredible. Their outfits and styling together with their vibe, charisma, and beauty was amazing.

Nothing to be shameful about, their stylists did a splendid job. That pink hair suited Hyo so well, Wendy's hairstyle and outfit were to die for, Taeyeon's overall look, in fact, the overall styling and outfits of all the girls made such an impression together. They did well :-)

I wish there would've been a full MV, not just a performance stage video - but for a stage video this was already sheer bliss.

SWJ1P.gif

• The performance was AMAZING <3 They all were so FIERCE and SLAYED <3

ใ€ ๏ผฏ๏ฝˆ ๏ฝ‡๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ผŒ ๏ฝ๏ฝ•๏ฝ’๏ฝ… ๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ” ๏ฝ๏ฝ† ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ๏ฝŽ ๏ฝ”๏ฝ ๏ฝ๏ฝ™ ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ”~ ๏ผฉ๏ผ‡๏ฝ ๏ฝ‡๏ฝ…๏ฝ”๏ฝ”๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ผ‡ ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝƒ๏ฝ ๏ผˆโ˜…ฯ‰โ˜…๏ผ‰ใ€‘

• The one thing that is bugging me is the move at 3:55

I am pretty sure Boa used that move in one of her songs before but I can't remember which one :angryr:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't care what haters say.

This song is a banger and it's stuck in my head. The girls absolutely nailed it.

I'm gonna go in order of descending MVP-ness to me....

Wendy - Slayed it so hard. Maybe because we don't really see this side of her. More girl crush please from RV please.

Taeyeon - Absolute visual queen. That high note was the highlight, and she ended the song in her rightful centre position. King Taeyeon indeed.

Seulgi - It felt like she was the member that tied everything together. From her crisp dancing to her power vocals. She gave the song depth if that makes sense.

Karina - Loved how she opened up the song in the centre. Would have preferred she got more singing parts and could have lived with less rap, but she nailed what she was given. Really liked that high note she did at one point. SM the girl can SING, let her sing more!!!

Winter - Her vocal tone is so satisfying to listen to. Again, with Seulgi added a depth to the song. Loved that little tribute to Next Level.

Boa - hasn't aged. Doesn't look out of place at all which is amazing for someone that was never in a group, and is a fair bit older than everyone else. The one who paved the way!

Hyoyeon - Looks the best she's ever looked. Great energy. I'm not the biggest fan of this style of rapping though tbh.

• I love everything about it.

It is a cool performance and what stands out most for me is Wendy's vocals, Hyoyeon and Karina's rap, the dance break and general choreography and BoA in general, she fits in and looks so cool.

• The one thing that is bugging me is the move at 3:55

I am pretty sure Boa used that move in one of her songs before but I can't remember which one :angryr:

Interesting. Do you already know which one?

SWJ1P.gif

• I couldn't have said it better myself, and I love how they all were given their distinctive parts and ways to shine ^^

As for Hyoyeon's rapping, I loved how she did it here

at 0:30

and at 2:25

And yeah, the pink hairstyle even suited her better than her usual blonde imo, and I loved her attitude/aura in the performance :lover3:

SWJ1P.gif

• I love everything about it.

It is a cool performance and what stands out most for me is Wendy's vocals, Hyoyeon and Karina's rap, the dance break and general choreography and BoA in general, she fits in and looks so cool.

True :yesr: And it's amazing, I think there's an age gap of 15 years between Boa and Winter, but I wouldn't be able to tell that Boa's that much older in the video, or even that she's already mid thirties.

Hopefully it won't just be this stage video and that's it. Hopefully they'll do more with this project group, I haven't read about any follow up activities or video or songs or such.

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!