Having a bias vs being a solo stan vs being an akgae

• Having a bias

That's just being pulled more to one member than the others. You still appreciate the other members and of course the music of the group.

Solo Stan

Only stanning one member of the group. You might not care as much for the other members. Perhaps you might be more interested in one member's activities than the group activities.

Like, in the case for groups where members have solo activities outside of the group, you could be more interested in that.

akgae

Caring for one member. The difference between akgae and solo stan is that an akgae will put down other members of the group to highlight their fav member's superiority. With solo stans, they will have a more neutral attitude towards the other members and won't put them down. That's the key difference.

I think solo stans are tolerable as they aren't really doing anything negative, but akgaes should not be tolerated.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Edited once, last by bunnyviolet ().

• To me being a solo stan is the exact same thing as being an akgae. But akgaes will call themselves solo stans because it sounds less toxic.

Having a bias just means liking a member more, which is the case for most fans of a group, I guess. The line between having a bias and being a solo/akgae is crossed when :

1) You start victimising your favorite member. 'They are mistreated by their label', 'They are ostracized by other members', 'Other fans don't care about this members, only US, the solos, care about them'.

2) You wish for a disbandment of the group, to 'set your bias free'.

3) You consider than any interview/instance where your fave talks about how strong their bond is with other members or how happy they are in this group scripted by the label.

4) You spend ACTUAL money on dick-measuring contests for their birthday projects or else, so they can have their fave's face plastered in Time Square or on a plane or whatever. Not taking in account how creepy this is either btw. Unpopular take but anyone taking part in that is at best an idiot at worst in need of psychological help ASAP.

5) You purposely sabotage group come back and focus on solo tracks, hoping that by showing how much popular your fave is, it will cause tensions in the groups, and eventually break them down, leading to the solo career that you always wanted ( see 2) )

• having a bias is having a favorite member while also being interested and liking/tolerating (its kinda weird to me if someone ignores the existence of other members but yk... better than hate) the other members. cares about the general performance of the group and its members.

being a solo stan is only caring for one member, and ignoring the rest of the group. might also care about the group's performance for the sake of that one member.

an akgae is a garbage piece of shit who hates the group and wants to tear it apart because they project their victim mentality onto one member. they are annoying cunts who infiltrate fandoms just to shit on other members, in the process making some start to associate their idol with shitty people like them. yes I saw that yeji thread, so lovely

Woah, I did not see the Yeji thread..... but yes, akgaes are definitely awful, because they are hateful to the other members. I don't understand them because generally whoever they favor probably likes most if not all of their group and succeeds if their group as a whole succeeds. It's weird as hell to hope the other members fail, cuz it would just hurt all the members including their fave.

• Is being a solo stan bad in your eyes?

Yes i consider them to be same as akgaes

i'd rather avoid such people

Where is the line between having a bias and being a solo stan?

If someone has the tendency to sh!t on the other members to show their bias is the best, that's one of the prime way to know some one is an akgae/solo

Also the way they victimize their fave :pepe-cross:

• My line for solo stan vs. akages has become largely defined by Cha Eunwoo stans.

The solo stans are only here for him and will buy Astro's albums, but they only want his photos and inclusions and they only want his version of any merchandise, and they support his songs (like there's a going theory that After Midnight got more wins because his solo stans helped stream/vote because he cowrote the song), but they're largely neutral on the other members of Astro. They're just sort of there with Eunwoo and that's fine with them.

The akgaes actively spend their time hoping for the group to disband and spread rumors about how much Eunwoo hates them and make up fake narratives about how they're holding him back (from what exactly I couldn't tell you considering he works like 363 days a year). Like when he left Master in the House his akgaes got pissed because the press release stated he was leaving to focus on his work as an idol and an actor (because he's gonna be in Jeju for a while shooting a drama and obviously can't travel back and forth to film), but all anyone heard was "it's just for some dumb Astro comeback".

Also the difference between having a bias and being a solo stan to me is that if it's just your bias then you also like most of the other members of the group and their music. Solo stans may not particularly care for the group music and instead just focus on their person's parts/solo songs.

• Yes i consider them to be same as akgaes

i'd rather avoid such people

If someone has the tendency to sh!t on the other members to show their bias is the best, that's one of the prime way to know some one is an akgae/solo

Also the way they victimize their fave :pepe-cross:

It doesn't matter to you whether the fan is neutral to the other members or hateful to them? They're both problematic?

• In the case of bts, yes

I've seen that the solo stans turn out to be akgaes most of the time 💀

I think the problem is we don't see the people who solo stan without creating any drama because they are neither as loud nor as toxic.

And the people who claim to solo stan but just spread around narratives like the fandom hates the X member and all they have is their solos for them are akgaes.

• In the case of bts, yes

I've seen that the solo stans turn out to be akgaes most of the time 💀

I think the problem is we don't see the people who solo stan without creating any drama because they are neither as loud nor as toxic.

And the people who claim to solo stan but just spread around narratives like the fandom hates the X member and all they have is their solos for them are akgaes.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think real solo stans probably don't cause much fuss cuz if you're positve or neutral to the other members, you're not gonna have a lot of controversial opinions, especially if they think they will get bashed for it. While, akgaes, don't care. They're gonna spout their hate, even if they try to disguise themselves as solo stans.

Along these lines, I remember I once commented that I thought that JK got a lot of center time and lines, cuz he had the voice most well-suited for pop combined with dancing well and OH MY GAWD. I came back the next day and this person had railed at me for multiple posts about how much of a solo stan I was and how solo stans aren't tolerated in Army. And I was like, uhhhhh, I'm not a solo stan, I don't even stan BTS. And she was all, oh, well, you should've said that in the first place and I wouldn't have yelled at you. :watt:

• Yeah, I tend to agree. I think real solo stans probably don't cause much fuss cuz if you're positve or neutral to the other members, you're not gonna have a lot of controversial opinions, especially if they think they will get bashed for it. While, akgaes, don't care. They're gonna spout their hate, even if they try to disguise themselves as solo stans.

Along these lines, I remember I once commented that I thought that JK got a lot of center time and lines, cuz he had a voice well-suited for pop combined with dancing well and OH MY GAWD. I came back the next day and this person had railed at me for multiple posts about how much of a solo stan I was and how solo stans aren't tolerated in Army. And I was like, uhhhhh, I'm not a solo stan, I don't even stan BTS. And she was all, oh, well, you should've said that in the first place and I wouldn't have yelled at you. :watt:

oh my god

I'm sorry but this is so funny 🤣

This def happened on twitter right?

But yeah jk's voice is really suited for pop music and dances well

• oh my god

I'm sorry but this is so funny 🤣

This def happened on twitter right?

But yeah jk's voice is really suited for pop music and dances well

lol, no old akp. And I edited, cuz I think I actually said he had the voice "most" well-suited for pop music so that makes her seem *slightly* less psychotic since I was actually ranking him first in terms of commercial pop appeal I guess. She was really offended on Jin's behalf due to my comment and several others in the thread about the line distribution.... so you know what? I actually think SHE was the solo stan here! :D

• Having a bias means you enjoy group songs and watch focus cams of your bias. It’s not necessary that you follow all their solo activities. You like them in the group setting the most.

Solo stan care about solo content the most. Solo cams are all you watch. And you rather have solo releases than group releases. You don’t pay attention to others in the group.

Akgaes are rabid solo Stans. Not only do they only care about solo activity but they also see other members as competition for their bias. They rather their fav leave their group.

• lol, no old akp. And I edited, cuz I think I actually said he had the voice "most" well-suited for pop music so that makes her seem *slightly* less psychotic since I was actually ranking him first in terms of commercial pop appeal I guess. She was really offended on Jin's behalf due to my comment and several others in the thread about the line distribution.... so you know what? I actually think SHE was the solo stan here! :D

I'm pretty sure I remember this. I think the user was s_dragun. Did you change your UN? I can't remember who s_dragun were arguing with though. It happened two times, once was when they said something about jin as a dancer.

• I'm pretty sure I remember this. I think the user was s_dragun. Did you change your UN? I can't remember who s_dragun were arguing with though. It happened two times, once was when they said something about jin as a dancer.

you do? lol yeah, that username does ring a bell. And umm, noooooo, I've always been MissBehave. And now that I think of it. That didn't happen to me. That actually happened to a friend of mine... on twitter. So... nvm.

• For me having a bias means that you love the group as a whole but like one or more members a bit more than the others. You watch your bias' focus cams of course and follow their solo efforts but generally enjoy group performances most.

Solo-stan/Akgae

I consider someone an Akgae when people care exclusively about that one member and actively put the others down in an effort to make their bias seem superior.

They're also likely to voice frequent mistreatment accusations and accuse other members of bullying (though this can be genuine concern). I think the deciding factor is really the often quite obvious dislike for other members and their achievements. Like when another member wins some kind award or breaks a record and the person's reaction is to immediately rush in to point out why their bias is at least as good and probably more popular and so on, belittling the other members achievement... When people do stuff like that they're probably solo-stans (imo) .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!