Akgaes vs. Solo stans

• so a while back someone had posted their opinions on a solo stan and became pretty confusing for me because most arguments claimed that solo stans were toxic. which i didn't understand at that time because i myself, am a solo stan but in no way have i ever been disrespectful. so i kinda just thought that solo stans were toxic so ig I'm not a solo stan. later i realized that the mentality i built on the term was wrong.

the correct term for "toxic solo stans" is an akgae. akgae is a term used by koreans to describe "fans" who favor one member and basically drag and hate on the rest of the group for not being as good. which is something i definitely am NOT.

so yeah, next time someone says they solo stan don't assume they're toxic lol

also no hate to anyone this is for informational purposes only and this information is based on what I've collected from running across the term a few times while browsing the internet :))

(also, no I'm not solo staining either bp or bts cuz ik SOMEONE is gonna think that)

• Someone who's a solo stan is still pretty weird to me.

Is it even possible to keep up with and like every NCT member?

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These people are usually not fans of the music of the group but like the idol themselves usually from other projects or their personality. Like I like Cha Enwoo I know nothing of his group. -I liked hwasa solo releases. I know nothing about mamamoo.

It would be wired to call yourself a solo stan if you enjoy the music of the group IMO.

• These people are usually not fans of the music of the group but like the idol themselves usually from other projects or their personality. Like I like Cha Enwoo I know nothing of his group. -I liked hwasa solo releases. I know nothing about mamamoo.

It would be wired to call yourself a solo stan if you enjoy the music of the group IMO.

That's plausible. I was referring more to solo stans of idols who have no individual activities.

Is it even possible to keep up with and like every NCT member?

It is for me because I only follow NCT. But I do recognize there are a lot of solo stans in my own fandom and that's when it gets weird because most of them don't have solo activities.

• It is for me because I only follow NCT. But I do recognize there are a lot of solo stans in my own fandom and that's when it gets weird because most of them don't have solo activities.

Ehh, but not everyone is in every unit or comeback right? Also I know I have seen more popular members like Lucas on variety shows withought the other members etc. If your a Lucas fan you would watch stuff like that but if you bias another member you would have less of a need/motivation to watch that stuff etc.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ehh, but not everyone is in every unit or comeback right? Also I know I have seen more popular members like Lucas on variety shows withought the other members etc. If your a Lucas fan you would watch stuff like that but if you bias another member you would have less of a need/motivation to watch that stuff etc.

Oh yes, you can definitely enjoy a certain unit and not the others because they are still very different music-wise.

i can tell that ur an nctzen so let me put it this way. its kinda like if jaehyun (I'm waiting for dear m still TT_TT) had a solo career and you started stanning him because of that but not the rest of the group because they didn't fit ur taste as much his solo career did. does it make more sense?

• I agree. But how do you support only a certain person from a group when their main job is singing with a bunch of people? Do you just listen to the 10 seconds where they sing?

yeah i don't get how it works for artists who have no career outside of their group

• I agree. But how do you support only a certain person from a group when their main job is singing with a bunch of people? Do you just listen to the 10 seconds where they sing?

lmaooo you have a point but for me it's usually someone who has solo activities outside the group (e.g. sejeong from gugudan)

• i can tell that ur an nctzen so let me put it this way. its kinda like if jaehyun (I'm waiting for dear m still TT_TT) had a solo career and you started stanning him because of that but not the rest of the group because they didn't fit ur taste as much his solo career did. does it make more sense?

So popular members with solo activities are more likely to have solo stans? I get it now. But yeah, most of the NCT members don't have solo activities though, so I don't know how that would work with them either.

• So popular members with solo activities are more likely to have solo stans? I get it now. But yeah, most of the NCT members don't have solo activities though, so I don't know how that would work with them either.

believe it or not i was a johnny solo stan before i ulted them... since he was born in chicago like i was ive always been drawn to him haha i stan all 23 now and johnny is still my ult bias alongside chenle and xiaojun haha

• If you're solo stan, you're not part of the fanbase. I guess it's fine if you just stan another group and casually like someone from another group, but I'm always very suspicious.

These solos stans are always one step away from 'they should disband', 'the company isn't treating them as they should', 'the other members are dragging them down'. Like, be a solo stan if you want, but you better not say anything about the group itself.

• If you're solo stan, you're not part of the fanbase. I guess it's fine if you just stan another group and casually like someone from another group, but I'm always very suspicious.

These solos stans are always one step away from 'they should disband', 'the company isn't treating them as they should', 'the other members are dragging them down'. Like, be a solo stan if you want, but you better not say anything about the group itself.

thats what an akgae is, the bad version of a solo stan kinda like how saseangs are bad fans

• I don't care what you want to do. It's your life and your choice but don't act like other fans are sabotaging the one you like or give more love and attention to a particular member more than the other. That's what you solo stans do and not the ones who are here for the whole group and their music.

• thats what an akgae is, the bad version of a solo stan kinda like how saseangs are bad fans

Yes, but I'm saying there is fine line between solo and akgaes. At least for BTS, I wouldn't trust any solo stan. And I still don't understand why solos are considered as Blinks. They are sometimes more harmful than actual antis.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!