30 Days of NCT: Choreo Chat - Resonance

• NCT 2020 - Resonance

Choreographer: Ryu D

At the time Ryu D was the choreographer for NCT - he had to piece together a choreo using the existing choreos that were created for Make A Wish, 90s Love and Work It while also creating new formations to maximize all the members. It's well done but I don't think it's as great as Black on Black. (But what a tough bar to hit!) Both are very specifically performance pieces meant for performance vs choreo built to complement a song.

(you can start at 5:47 if you want to see some of the work and silliness here, or jump to 10;28 to watch the all unit dance break)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It really looks great on a stage

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a clearer view of just the choreography on a stage without the crazy camera cuts. One thing that's crazy here is that this is all part of one big choreo. Those separate breakout moments happen and then they return to the stage. I thought it was all shot in separate portions. (It might have been for other performances).

Here's the MV:

My two cents here - Black on Black is very much about precision, whereas Resonance allows for more individuality in movements. This is pretty reflective of where the groups are in their dancing at this point in their career - much of their early work is about being in specific synchronization, while their later choreo is more individualistic. Nonetheless, it's that synchronization that makes Black on Black so breathtaking IMO!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• For me , I like Resonance performance more than Black On Black. The only complaint is in their MV and performance, I can only see the center member except in U song. If they didn't release the behind for dance practice I might never recognize which member in which position.

I’m curious - why do you prefer Resonance?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Black on Black is a more cohesive performance, but I appreciate how many different people we get to see in the center during Resonance. It really feels like a love letter to the whole of NCT 2020.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!