GLG Entertainment has released a statement regarding H1-Key Sitala and her status in the group.

• She's staying

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Stupid decision and so tone deaf. Nobody was punishing her for her father's political opinions, but for her own opinions and factual actions. LMAO. Now we're not even holding people responsible for their actions? A whole mess.

VeuZ4Ef.png

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• The company is probably thinking this kind of promo is gonna help the group :clown: hopefully they flop as hard as possible

wow this group will flop harder than ever if they can't even expect the support of SEA and internatioanl fans

Some people are speculating that they can't kick her out because her family paid her way in/are investors or shareholders

mKl7Ghm.png

• don't tell me that people are bringing back her posts from 2010?

lol like how old she was then...

that's stupid as heck

External Content www.youtube.com

• She is what 25? The tweets she posted are from 2010 - 2014… she was minor at the time she wrote them and could have been easily manipulated by the belief of the people around her, you will believe the political opinion of your parents at that age until you get older and realize it’s wrong… Has she been posting this stuff as an adult? I haven’t seen it. So we can assume she doesn’t believe in those things anymore, her father is also dead now…

Anyway her dad was the one who did wrong, not her…. Let us not start punishing Kids for the wrong doings of their parents, we are not living in the 19 century.

• don't tell me that people are bringing back her posts from 2010?

lol like how old she was then...

that's stupid as heck

There are posts from 2017, 2013 and more too. There are plenty of signs suggesting that she is not innocent. Imagine someone doing the same and supporting the third reich or north korea. I don’t get how people can shield her when her own father is an essential part of a dictatorship and she was supporting it publicly

• She is what 25? The tweets she posted are from 2010 - 2014… she was 10 to 14 at the time she wrote them and could have been easily manipulated by the belief of the people around her, you will believe the political opinion of your parents at that age until you get older and realize it’s wrong… Has she been posting this stuff as an adult? I haven’t seen it. So we can assume she doesn’t believe in those things anymore, her father is also dead now…

Anyway her dad was the one who did wrong, not her…. Let us not start punishing Kids for the wrong doings of their parents, we are not living in the 19 century.

How can we differentiate between her father and familiy and her when she is a daughter who definitely used her family’s connection, money and position that was achieved by dictatorship in order to debut? It’s not like she distanced herself from her family.

• Source ?

Now you want a source. :pepe-joy:

How can people be so tone-deaf? Well, did you know that her family is really rich?

Edit: I will remember those who defend this. People literally trying to relativize dictatorship and its influence. Now I have seen everything. Bet y‘all are the first ones to cry about some award that your fave didn‘t win but this is okay since she is not her father. :facepalm:

Another edit: if she is 25, she was 18 in 2014- an adult.

• the whole story is overall much more complex that some of you think it is...

for example this (about Sitala's dad)

In 1998, when Thaksin Shinawatra founded the Thai Rak Thai party, he was one of the 100 party committee members. He proposed a policy to Thaksin, but his policy was not accepted.

Then Sarunyoo joined PAD/Yellow Shirts in 2006/2008 which were a faction opposing Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

So overall it seems like her father was like a wave or changed his opinions bout politics, jumped camps, however you will name it. Or maybe even if we say one are left, other right, then maybe he should be center, but that wasn't an option.

Like again I will compare it to situation with artists and CCP in China.

Well known faces also pose to group photos with politicians, and it is what it is. I bet in the past some KPOP Idols also posed, shaked hands and supported Korean presidents which are now in jail for bribery, tax defraudation, involvement with shady crime organizations etc.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Now you want a source. :pepe-joy:

How can people be so tone-deaf? Well, did you know that her family is really rich?

Yeah… where was it reported that she used her parents money to debut ?

Wasn’t her father a very popular Actor who apart from that also politician? So to claim he got his money solely through dictatorship is a conclusion you came up with so I can’t do anything with that…

I’m not tone-deaf I can totally understand why Thai’s don’t like her and they have all rights to not support her…

But assuming she got in because her parents are rich is just using a common stereotype people have on rich kids and it’s a conspiracy as well… you got no prove for that assumption but I should believe that because black and white right ?

Criticize her for whatever you think she has done, but don’t spread rumors as facts, this throws your credibility out the window.

• Exactly my thought.

If when she said her father was her “role model” was years ago and when she was a minor, it’s obvious that she said that because it was her father, her family member. She grew up in that house thinking that her parents were right (she was too young to understand what was really going on).

It happens with a lot of young people, when you’re young it’s obvious that you can’t really understand how the outside world works, so you follow the only people whom are close to you: your family.

But she wasn’t that young? She was 18 in 2014

• I find it weird how people want to excuse her and forgive her when they are not Thai. I am not Thai, therefore I will stay out of this matter. Let them feel and respond how they want to since it involves their country matters .

All of my Thai friends are sooooo upset over the situation. I tried explaining why to some people here but I'm getting this.

Naughty boy GIF download free

mKl7Ghm.png

• Well, you miscalculated her age ( your edit is not saving you)and now you want to see some facts when it is the obvious. You are as well disregarding a lot of proof that have been posted on previous threads and are circulating on Twitter. And yes, you are tone-deaf when you relativize the power of dictatorship. Did you know that her father was removed from a lot of dramas and movies after 2014 but they still could live comfortably afterwards and even send her daughter to South Korea to train? Think

about and now tell me how the dictatorship isn’t connected to their wealth.

• All of my Thai friends are sooooo upset over the situation. I tried explaining why to some people here but I'm getting this.

Naughty boy GIF download free

It’s really frustrating. Like, I understand neutrality but how can you defend this? Like fans are pooping their pants over awards and instagram likes but defend this wtf

• Well, 18 is still young. She was still a teenager. It’s not like suddenly when you’re 18 you understand everything about the world (and I’m talking about personal experience).

No, as an 18 year old you are able to think for yourself and you are not a baby. It is a common understanding that adulthood starts with 18. Concepts like dictatorship are understandable for 14 year olds or younger people.

• It’s really frustrating. Like, I understand neutrality but how can you defend this? Like fans are pooping their pants over awards and instagram likes but defend this wtf

The funniest part is how hard people are capping for this girl when they knew of her for like a week?

mKl7Ghm.png

• Exactly my thought.

If when she said her father was her “role model” was years ago and when she was a minor, it’s obvious that she said that because it was her father, her family member. She grew up in that house thinking that her parents were right (she was too young to understand what was really going on).

It happens with a lot of young people, when you’re young it’s obvious that you can’t really understand how the outside world works, so you follow the only people whom are close to you: your family.

Many can’t think that far cause they see everything in black and white… it’s either this or that.

You can criticize her actions back than, but you should also consider her age, upbringing etc…. If she was still doing this as an 25 year old adult who is now out of her known circle, my reactions would be different. There isn’t much reported about her current behavior or political beliefs, nor if she supports the current military regime…

Everything seems more complex than what has been reported to us…

She won’t get Thai’s support, or not all of them, this is what she will have to deal with… but even non-Thais forcing her company to drop her is quite a reach. Her not debuting in a Kpop Group will not solve Thailands current political situation…

If you want to show support to Thai’s current situation, post about the things that are currently happening in the country, bring awareness to it. This is more affective and shows you really care… people really be thinking canceling someone will solve a political problem…

• Not really. Take in count that mentally, the pre-frontal cortex of the brain finishes developing by 25 which is responsible for clear rational thinking. And let’s also take in count the “emotional attachment” she may have had towards her father that she spent 18 years living with.

It’s not easy for daughters/sons to get away from parents, even when they are bad people (like in this case), because they always think “it’s still my own father/mother”.

Now, don’t get me wrong. If she is STILL defending him, despite learning more about what he father did in Thailand, or she doesn’t distance herself from the family, then she’s absolutely in the wrong and she should not debut in a group.

These brain differences don't mean that young people can't make good decisions or tell the difference between right and wrong. It also doesn't mean that they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. However, an awareness of these differences can help parents, teachers, advocates, and policy makers understand, anticipate, and manage the behavior of adolescents

Teen Brain: Behavior, Problem Solving, and Decision Making

Just saying. Not fully developed does not mean not being able to take the consequences of their own actions. That’s why most industrial countries have the adult age at 18.

Another source:

Peer groups have less of a pull on 18-year-olds. They’re better able to evaluate their opinions without adopting the same ideas as everyone around them. Many of them take strong stances on social issues.

They have an emerging ability to make independent decisions and to compromise. This serves them well as they are forming new friendships and intimate relationships

By age 18, teens exhibit a lot of adult-like thinking (even though their brains are yet done developing).

They can think abstractly and they’re often future-oriented. They’re able to understand, plan, and pursue long-range goals.

The Developmental Milestones 18-Year-Olds Reach
    Everything you need to know about how your 18-year-old is developing, from physical or cognitive milestones, to emotional and social development.
    www.verywellfamily.com

Stop infantilizing 18-year olds

• Well, you miscalculated her age ( your edit is not saving you)and now you want to see some facts when it is the obvious. You are as well disregarding a lot of proof that have been posted on previous threads and are circulating on Twitter. And yes, you are tone-deaf when you relativize the power of dictatorship. Did you know that her father was removed from a lot of dramas and movies after 2014 but they still could live comfortably afterwards and even send her daughter to South Korea to train? Think

about and now tell me how the dictatorship isn’t connected to their wealth.

Like I said Thai’s have all rights to not like and to support her…. Never did I said her tweets were ok… again, if she is still doing it right now as an adult my reaction would be different.

My point still stands, to claim she got in through her parents wealth and not through audition is something you came up with… By assuming this, we must assume that with EVERY Idol who comes from a rich family, you want to discredit the hard-work from all of them ?

That’s why talk about the things you definitely know, you saw the tweets her father’s political involvement, talk about this but don’t add more to the story because of assumptions, so her current label accepted dictatorship money is what you want to say ?

• I also answered about this to another person in this thread. Like you, if she is STILL thinking that her that is her “role model”, knowing everything that happened in Thailand, they my reaction to her would be very different.

BUT, for now, I give her the chance to prove that she’s different from years ago, and that she plenty understood that what she said was wrong.

Exactly… giving benefit of doubts until I’m proven wrong.

If she still sees him as a role model after knowing better, this is a Girl bye … but at this very moment I haven’t seen any of this, so I don’t think she taken responsibility for her fathers wrong doings. I know how attachments to a family member can be extremely influential, especially when you are young, that’s the only reason I give her the benefit of doubts…

• Like I said Thai’s have all rights to not like and to support her…. Never did I said her tweets were ok… again, if she is still doing it right now as an adult my reaction would be different.

My point still stands, to claim she got in through her parents wealth and not through audition is something you came up with… By assuming this, we must assume that with EVERY Idol who comes from a rich family, you want to discredit the hard-work from all of them ?

That’s why talk about the things you definitely know, you saw the tweets her father’s political involvement, talk about this but don’t add more to the story because of assumptions, so her current label accepted dictatorship money is what you want to say ?

Yes, I definitely want to say that most foreign idols are rich or their family have enough money to support someone training oversea. That’s common sense. And yes, I am suggesting that she used her father‘s connection and money to debut. And yes, I am suggesting that you try to make it seem as if she is innocent. Also suddenly the age argument doesn’t work anymore and now you ignore it. Y‘all are funny

• Is this not true? Because she might not have known better at 18 but she definitely should’ve known better at the big age of 24

All in all I’m not sure why the company capping so hard for this girl unless her family is helping them with funding. Thai fans hate her, Koreans won’t be particularly happy with this either and international fans will follow suit. This group is DOA and it’s a shame for the res

• Her family must definitely be major backers or investors into this group. I can't see any other reason why a nugu company would risk a market as big as sea for one controversial person. Sea won't support her and korea will definitely not care about her.

• Is this not true? Because she might not have known better at 18 but she definitely should’ve known better at the big age of 24

All in all I’m not sure why the company capping so hard for this girl unless her family is helping them with funding. Thai fans hate her, Koreans won’t be particularly happy with this either and international fans will follow suit. This group is DOA and it’s a shame for the rest

say it louder for the people in the back claiming she is innocent

I was actually looking for this photo so thanks

• I'm not defending anybody here but some people don't really change their views when it comes to political stands, you chose a side, you see people support it and then you just believe that it's right

Like see trump/biden supporters, it doesn't matter who's better, there's always a justification and reason for them to be supportive of said side. It could be pressure from external sources or opinion of one own

Even if she were to reflect on her decisions and opinions, it's less likely that she looks into what the issue is and change it, all she's probably going to do is hide from the general public of what she supports and stands for. To her, whatever benefits her is going to be what she supports, and here, since she got so much backlash for being open about what she supports, she's going to remain silent on her take in the future.

It doesn't matter what age/race/what people think of you, she's old enough to both understand and conclude for herself, there's no point arguing about this, she knows, and she knows what has to be done. But it's less likely anything changes from this point on.

• I'm not defending anybody here but some people don't really change their views when it comes to political stands, you chose a side, you see people support it and then you just believe that it's right

Like see trump/biden supporters, it doesn't matter who's better, there's always a justification and reason for them to be supportive of said side. It could be pressure from external sources or opinion of one own

Even if she were to reflect on her decisions and opinions, it's less likely that she looks into what the issue is and change it, all she's probably going to do is hide from the general public of what she supports and stands for. To her, whatever benefits her is going to be what she supports, and here, since she got so much backlash for being open about what she supports, she's going to remain silent on her take in the future.

It doesn't matter what age/race/what people think of you, she's old enough to both understand and conclude for herself, there's no point arguing about this, she knows, and she knows what has to be done. But it's less likely anything changes from this point on.

True. She won’t change her beliefs since she obviously chose a side but the only problem I have is that she would be a public persona and thus having a function that goes beyond mere believes.

• I’m actually quite shocked that people are misinterpreting our points here…

Living in a country with dictatorship, if your parents or even one of them is involved… they will definitely indoctrinate you in their beliefs from your early childhood, they will tell you who are good and who are bad… this is not defending her, this is a fact!!

A good example is the Hitler Jugend (Hiltler Youth)… this was a project to indoctrinate kids up to their early adulthood in Hitlers ideologies… so much that young men aged 18 were willing to die in a useless war, because they were thought it’s a prideful thing to do. Those who realized the lie either kept quiet and went a long cause they didn’t wanted to die (and they wouldn’t just punish you but your family as well, or at least your family will experience social exclusion) or spoke up and got executed…

You can’t really speak about free choice and knowing better if dictatorship is involved, especially not if family members were part of it or somehow involved..

I don’t get why this seems like such an alienated pov to some users here.

• Yes, I definitely want to say that most foreign idols are rich or their family have enough money to support someone training oversea. That’s common sense. And yes, I am suggesting that she used her father‘s connection and money to debut. And yes, I am suggesting that you try to make it seem as if she is innocent. Also suddenly the age argument doesn’t work anymore and now you ignore it. Y‘all are funny

Tell me you are a black and white thinker without telling me you are a black and white thinker… I mean it’s easier to view the world through such a lense , it doesn’t require critical thinking.

• Tell me you are a black and white thinker without telling me you are a black and white thinker… I mean it’s easier to view the world through such a lense , it doesn’t require critical thinking.

How is it a black and white thinking when I have a moral sense and know that 18 year olds can differentiate between wrong and right?

And what do you say about that picture of her being 24 year old and still supporting the dictatorship?

It must be nice living in a world where everything is excusable and everything should be looked upon with understanding. I just hope that you never have to witness the things that the people under this regime have to live through.

All in all I’m not sure why the company capping so hard for this girl unless her family is helping them with funding. Thai fans hate her, Koreans won’t be particularly happy with this either and international fans will follow suit. This group is DOA and it’s a shame for the res

I saw this just a few minutes ago… it stated that this dude attended her

father’s funeral … her facial expressions towards him doesn’t look happy either… So we can’t tell if she went to him or he went to her Group of people and this picture happened.

Anyway, at this point it doesn’t matter actually… if so many people have an issue with her and the company doesn’t want to remove her than the Group will fellow whatever fate, either this controversy will make them flop or won’t affect them… we will see… one thing is for sure, she won’t have that many Thai supporters.

• How is it a black and white thinking when I have a moral sense and know that 18 year olds can differentiate between wrong and right?

Yeah if you are 18 year old and was born in democracy and had access to unbiased education and no parents with strong political views, you should definitely be able to know right from wrong at that age…. But if you are being raised in a dictatorship and one of your parents being involved or somehow connected you will definitely be indoctrinated to certain beliefs from your early childhood… having moral sense means nothing if it’s absolute in a black and white manner.

And what do you say about that picture of her being 24 year old and still supporting the dictatorship?

I saw the picture, she isn’t holding hands with him nor smiling next to him, she is just standing there … this picture was taking at her father’s funeral… in fact her facial expressions shows more discomfort than support towards him… this is not saying she isn’t supporting… just that this picture isn’t a proof for that either.

It must be nice living in a world where everything is excusable and everything should be looked upon with understanding. I just hope that you never have to witness the things that the people under this regime have to live through.

Wow… what a reach … like I said earlier, if you want to support the people who are suffering under this regime, bring awareness to the situation instead.

Anyway nothing I said is excusing anything, this is how it is when you are being raised in such circumstances… Not saying she is innocent, it’s the wrong word to use here anyway.

But I better leave before someone with a lack of reading comprehension accuses me of supporting dictatorship and people suffering lol

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!