KMCA explains how Gaon counts albums due to rumors and baseless evidence regarding its accuracy

• The guy speaking is the one who literally created the Gaon chart. Video has English subtitles.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You know he wanted to end this video with "now please stop emailing us about NCT" :cryingr:

• The way I was going to share this video because even here some people doubt Gaon numbers from certain groups ...

The way that guy seemed so done with all the bs said about his chart lmao

FF77WtVUYAIXtBf?format=jpg&name=medium

Anyways I hope 127 wins against 127 and gets that Album Of The Year award for 4th quarter

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He doesn't really disprove the bit at @ timestamp 3:11. There's no need to buy land to bury albums when they can be tossed in the landfill.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this but there's still the possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if there were companies gaming the system somehow.

• 127 karma

He doesn't really disprove the bit at @ timestamp 3:11. There's no need to buy land to bury albums when they can be tossed in the landfill.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this but there's still the possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if there were companies gaming the system somehow.

SM must be genuises to not only falsificate the needed contracts of their exports efficiently but to toss albums on landfills without some of the biggest fandoms obsessed over the Gaon-Hanteo gap noticing. Are you aware of the amount of money wasting and risk that implies when they already have a very successfull group on their hands?

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• 127 karma

SM must be genuises to not only falsificate the needed contracts of their exports efficiently but to toss albums on landfills without some of the biggest fandoms obsessed over the Gaon-Hanteo gap noticing. Are you aware of the amount of money wasting and risk that implies when they already have a very successfull group on their hands?

I didn't mention SM.

Also, image is a strong thing that can breed more success. Sometimes losing some money upfront can be can be seen as an investment because rewards may appear later on. I'm no business expert though.

• I learned nothing from this video. Sadly he can't tell us digital formula or release downloads numbers. :-(

External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

Oh jeez the part where he mentions that Melon has about 30 million songs but only about 5 million are streamed in a year is so sad. It's hard out there for indie companies. It's hard to even discover them because the algorithms are dependent on what others are listening to similar to you. :sadface:

• External Content www.youtube.com

This was really informative!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I didn't mention SM.

Also, image is a strong thing that can breed more success. Sometimes losing some money upfront can be can be seen as an investment because rewards may appear later on. I'm no business expert though.

until there's enough reasonable doubt I think people should refrain from talking about gaon-hanteo gaps and accusing certain companies of doing such things. so far, there is zero evidence or suspicion of a company doing what you said, someone would have noticed tons of albums being thrown in the landfill

• Yep....

This is probably a response to some that have claimed that TWICE were doing saejagi which HANTEO responded to mentioning their overseas counts.

It also is a confirmation of TWICE's growth outside of SK.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!