If You Like Women Empowerment Dramas, Come Here! [Sinf-E-Aahan]

• Typically, I don’t watch many dramas in general, but I promise you— this one is a masterpiece to be completed!

Recently, a Pakistani drama, “Sinf-E-Aahan,” (Gender of Steel) made its debut. It’s about 7 women belonging to different ethnic, religious, and social backgrounds, facing various challenges within a misogynistic culture. Challenging themselves to become the Women of Steel. They all strive to join the military despite all the societal stigmas.

Just look at this beautiful trailer, the cinematography, budget, props, military bases, and scenery in the trailer and drama is absolutely amazing!

(Though this one doesn’t have English sub, but if you’re fortunate enough to understand Urdu or Hindi, I think you will be okay)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Luckily, the episodes will have English subtitles; Here is episode 1!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you guys have any recommendations similar to this drama, please drop them. It can be from anywhere as long as it has English subtitles.

• dontwannacry04

Changed the title of the thread from “If You Like Women Empowerment Dramas, Come Here!” to “If You Like Women Empowerment Dramas, Come Here! [Sinf-E-Aahan]”.
  • no i haven’t! i’ve seen some of the trailers though.

That’s okay, everyone has their own preferences! I haven’t really watched many ISPR dramas either, but this one just happened to stand out.

Though I don’t think the main focus here is just military rather women empowerment in society as a whole.

• That’s okay, everyone has their own preferences!

Though I don’t think the main focus here is military, rather women empowerment in the society as a whole.

true! the trailers did seem really good. i liked yumna zaidi’s the most. being a pathan my family is not conservative at all but i know a lot of girls who are in her situation so 😢

• true! the trailers did seem really good. i liked yumna zaidi’s the most. being a pathan my family is not conservative at all but i know a lot of girls who are in her situation so 😢

• I was his supporter back then and I had hope that he would be different and more liberate with his ideas but ever since he has become P.M situation for women and minorities has gone worse. He himself criticized the rape victims by putting blame upon their dressings. TOTAL TRASH

Imran Khan criticised for rape 'victim blaming'
    Pakistan's prime minister said women should cover up to avoid "temptation".
    www.bbc.com

PM’s views on rape
    Rape is a crime primarily of power rather than lust, rooted in a contempt for others’ bodily integrity.
    www.dawn.com

atleast before there were some talks about it. now people don't even speak with fear of getting mobbed, arrested and charged with blasphemy law.

I am afraid that one day we will have the people with Taliban ideologies as our leaders. As a woman who has no intention of marrying and becoming a house wife in future, it is honestly terrifying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!