Guess I Am A Second Gen Loser

• these days you only need to get two!! lol (or three in some countries!!!)

Yeah, but it was the military after WW2, and he was stationed in Japan.

This is what the Japanese capital looked like in 1945.

All the wood buildings are gone.

A residential section of Tokyo is seen destroyed following Operation Meetinghouse, the firebombing of Tokyo on the night of March 9-10, 1945. | U.S. ARMY

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was going to post what nanjing (nanking) looked like but I don't think it's appropriate for such a thread lol

• I was going to post what nanjing (nanking) looked like but I don't think it's appropriate for such a thread lol

Yeah and my gramps still does not like them (the Japanese). He says they will never really own up to or admit what they did in WW2 and that they gloss over it in Japanese text books (his words not mine).

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah and my gramps still does not like them (the Japanese). He says they will never really own up to or admit what they did in WW2 and that they gloss over it in Japanese text books (his words not mine).

where are from if you don't mind me asking? (or rather where was your grandfatehr from?)

• Yeah and my gramps still does not like them (the Japanese). He says they will never really own up to or admit what they did in WW2 and that they gloss over it in Japanese text books (his words not mine).

It was reality for him, it is just some history stuff for me. So I don't have strong feelings about it, I like Japan and Anime etc.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• where are from if you don't mind me asking? (or rather where was your grandfatehr from?)

USA

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• US Forces Far East under Macarthur were the ones that occupied Japan.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• where are from if you don't mind me asking? (or rather where was your grandfatehr from?)

He was in 1st Cavalry Division. If you are more interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Cavalry_Division_(United_States)

1st Cavalry Division History - Occupation of Japan, 1945 - 1950

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Ahh man how many of these old folks are gonna escape from the nursing home this week?!

Gonna be moving walkers and parking them in ur way :pepegrin:

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!