Squid Game doesn't need season 2

• I didn't think it's special it's similar to a lot of japanese manga, I enjoyed it but it was very predictable and didn't keep me at the edge of my seat ( I know that the games caught western interest , but maybe because I'm Asian I'm familiar with the games we have similar games, if not exactly the same , I saw some European fans say that they played some of these games) when Oh Il-nam (old man) appeared I immediately thought "oh he's probably one of the big boss/game master or he's the only one behind all of this" the plot was very simple (maybe because I watched/read a lot of manga/jdrama with game concept)

Now my opinion about season 2

I saw some people saying it ended in cliffhanger , but was it really a cliffhanger?
    I don't think it's ended with a cliffhanger, the ending was perfect (not a big fan of ending plot) but he survived (seung gi-hun) and won the game , did he expect the game to end? Did he not think while he was there that there were other people who competed before?

They competed, won and continued their life , what make him(gi hun)special that he will try to stop it? I think if there is a person who should stop this then it should be junho(police man) he should be the star of s2 I think gihun shouldn't be big part of s2. (I think they will bring back sae byeok because her character caught people

What do you think?
    Does it need season 2 ?

Will he bring back characters after their death ? ( would you like that?)

• Contrary to many, I feel the ending set it up for a definite final. Idk where people see a following to that bc if it goes that way it would take gihun reliability out

If S1 omitted some parts I would get why they want a S2, bc there would be things to unveil but they already say a lot ( mean they never plan a S2 to begin with until it got massive)

Also feel people want a S2 mainly for the characters ...when more than half of them are dead, the base of the show doesn't seem to be what people like but each character who is not alive and whose backstory was already explain (so bringing them back for S2 would be useless too)

• yes it was simple series but it needs season 2 imo cus season 1 wasn't that great, mostly those series which were perfect doesn't need season 2 cus following seasons ruin everything. But bar is not that high for squid game so if the director is creative enough it can be developed into something very interesting and innovative.

• I don't think it needs a Season 2. A lot of the things that went "unexplained", were explained. It's just good story telling people seem to miss. Maybe it's the way everything is presented that confuses people so much. But anyone could search up those things instead of a whole new season. I'm satisfied with the ending. Do you know what new season we DO need though?? Alice In Borderland. We've been waiting for awhile now :pepe-life-support: it's coming December 2022??????? That's so far :sadface:

Edited 2 times, last by haoluvr ().

• Contrary to many, I feel the ending set it up for a definite final. Idk where people see a following to that bc if it goes that way it would take gihun reliability out

If S1 omitted some parts I would get why they want a S2, bc there would be things to unveil but they already say a lot ( mean they never plan a S2 to begin with until it got massive)

Also feel people want a S2 mainly for the characters ...when more than half of them are dead, the base of the show doesn't seem to be what people like but each character who is not alive and whose backstory was already explain (so bringing them back for S2 would be useless too)

never planning S2 doesn't mean the director does not have story in mind

• I don't think it needs a Season 2. A lot of the things that went "unexplained", were explained. It's just good story telling people seem to miss. Maybe it's the way everything is presented that confuses people so much. But anyone could search up those things instead of a whole new season. I'm satisfied with the ending. Do you know what new season we DO need though?? Alice In Borderland. We've been waiting for awhile now :pepe-life-support: it's coming December 2022??????? That's so far :sadface:

The world could end before we get aib S2 :pepecry: wtf we gonna do then

• I don't think it needs a Season 2. A lot of the things that went "unexplained", were explained. It's just good story telling people seem to miss. Maybe it's the way everything is presented that confuses people so much. But anyone could search up those things instead of a whole new season. I'm satisfied with the ending. Do you know want new season we DO need though?? Alice In Borderland. We've been waiting for awhile now :pepe-life-support: it's coming December 2022??????? That's so far :sadface:

Alice in Borderland is interesting , but it just falls flat to me, I just can't emotionally connect with the characters also so much happening so quickly makes everything so forgettable, but still i might watch the next season cus of Kento Yamazaki

• They left too many things unexplained. They have to make a second season to explain it.

thats how I feel lmao ~ I just expect them to make a cool season 2 explain stuff and don't drag it too much or else it gonna get old fast, I think they should explain stuff and conclude it on season two but who knows what they are thinking

:pepe-tea:

• where are the previous winners? and why cop's brother became front man? and why the game is still played despite the old man is dead? and what happened to those who didn't come to the game? what if it is organized by government? these are the questions that interest me.

• I don't think it needs a season 2 either but we will get anyways. I don't want to see gi hun as some sort a hero who wants to stop this game from happening. I prefer Alice in Borderland than Squid Game. Unlike Alice in borderland, gihun and others went to the game voluntarily .I could easily picture Arisu as some sort of hero as they were forced into game and had no choice but to survive. But I cant picture Gihun as a victim I see him as a winner of this game so I kinda cant see him going behind the mastermind to get justice for the life's lost.

Also Aib got me thinking " What will happen next?" "What is the next game?" " How will they solve it?" . As for SG , the games didn't interest me much.

Bringing back character after death is not likely I am guessing.

Anyways I will watch S2 to see how they take it forward.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!