Visual is not a thing in kpop anymore

• just like 4D , I think visual is not a thing in kpop anymore

This is just my opinion, In general we all see people differently some might say A idol is the handsomest/most beautiful in X group some might say B idol is the handsomest/most beautiful in X group beauty is subjective, I don't belive when people say everyone in group X is visual , yes everyone is pretty/handsome but I being visual mean the member that standout the most because of their look (interesting look, most beautiful), but now I feel like in every comeback different members look standout . I don't think visual ended in kpop or anything but I think now in kpop (maybe after gen 3.5) it's become less important, sometimes I blame the company or stylist (it could be the makeup, hair) This doesn't mean that everyone look the same but visual is not important because each member might standout in a comeback because of their look but this not necessary mean that they will standout again in another comeback

Every kpop idol look good, but not only in a group but in general not a lot of members look standout, they just look good and normal just like other idols (not all but maybe most) (excluding SM , JYP & some YG idols)

idk does that make sense ?

• Makes sense from a global standpoint. But in Korea, beauty isnt as subjective, there are clear cut features that are above others. Hence Korean Beauty Standards

• yeah it's not anymore because few 4th gen groups already have all-visual group titles

so having just 1 visual... well that's nothing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Makes sense from a global standpoint. But in Korea, beauty isnt as subjective, there are clear cut features that are above others. Hence Korean Beauty Standards

but even so most groups have several members who are pretty according to those standards

K-Pop companies realised ages ago that the most profitable members were the visuals which is how we ended up with 90% visual groups these days

• I think it's kind of going away because idols don't want to be visuals. I see a lot of 4th gen idols working towards being "all-rounders," helping produce/compose, and generally trying to be viewed more like artists than as idols. Being called a visual is basically saying "yo, I'm just here cuz I'm ridiculously good looking."

• U mean the visual position is not a thing anymore?

I mean it doesn't matter , even when a member is given the position of visual , it doesn't make a difference because sometimes they just look normal like other idols they don't have this unique/interesting look (sometimes I think it's might be the makeup or stylist) because as I said a member could be really 'visual' but the styling and makeup doesn't do him/her justice and the make him/her look like normal idols so it make the visual position unimportant

• I mean it doesn't matter , even when a member is given the position of visual , it doesn't make a difference because sometimes they just look normal like other idols they don't have this unique/interesting look (sometimes I think it's might be the makeup or stylist) because as I said a member could be really 'visual' but the styling and makeup doesn't do him/her justice and the make him/her look like normal idols so it make the visual position unimportant

but even so most groups have several members who are pretty according to those standards

K-Pop companies realised ages ago that the most profitable members were the visuals which is how we ended up with 90% visual groups these days

^ i think this is the answer

• Maybe you right for example Karina is the visual because she fits Korea beauty standards but sometimes Koreans are obsessed by winter visual

Or even itzy some people still think yeji is the visual while I-fans prefer ryujin visual

Visual is the one who fits Korea standard but necessary the prettiest especially I-fans are different standard they prefer idols who stand out

• well there are beauty standards in korea hence certain idols who fit that standard the most are known as the visuals because they fit that standard - obviously it doesn't mean the other members are not pretty or ugly or anything it's just a title nothing more nothing less

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!