Not sure if I missed this, but let's discuss Taejin's OSTs.

• I've been seeing a lot of vitriol towards BH not posting about Taejin's OSTs on the official twitter account. I have a simple answer: BH doesn't profit from those OST releases.

Take a look at this screenshot taken from week 12 of Gaon Digital chart last year.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

This company (called Blending) took control of both production (1st row) and circulation (2nd row), so basically that's distribution rights. They put out the song and get the profit from any money it made.

Jin's Yours is distributed by a company with a lot of influence: Dreamus.

Look at the description box and it tells you that the copyright falls to them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now BTS's music is released by BH Music/HYBE. The OSTs are completely separate from the company and group image that BTS have crafted.

Now, about the covers, idk why BH doesn't post about them. I'm not a business major or anything like that, but some basic knowledge about the charts would be much appreciated instead of mass complaining.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• MassiveKpopFan

Changed the title of the thread from “Not sure if I missed this, but let's discuss.” to “Not sure if I missed this, but let's discuss Taejin's OSTs.”.
  • wait I just listened to jin's ost and it's fire :ragec::ragec: . his voice really suits this type IMO.

i was too busy watching all the drama to actually listen till now lol :pepe-tea:

• Both of their OSTs are awesome!!! I don’t know why they didn’t post the cover on twt(I don’t think they have ever tbh). They only dropped an Insta story for JK’s cover and J-Hope’s blue side full version song. But I understand the complains when BH is doing for another group, but aren’t doing it for BTS. This type of selectivity is bound to cause criticism

• I've never seen agencies promoting OSTs.

I've been seeing a lot of entitlement and not enough research into industry basics; becoming a chart reader has made me a lot more open to discussion about how the industry works and how our faves are affected. I was never super entitled over anything before then as a fan, but a lot of stuff makes sense if you watch charts.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Both of their OSTs are awesome!!! I don’t know why they didn’t post the cover on twt(I don’t think they have ever tbh). They only dropped an Insta story for JK’s cover and J-Hope’s blue side full version song. But I understand the complains when BH is doing for another group, but aren’t doing it for BTS.

I purposefully didn't bring up TXT because this isn't about them vs. BTS getting a fucking tweet, and the people bringing them up don't understand that they have two different management teams and styles of promotion.

Please keep the discussion to BTS only.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I purposefully didn't bring up TXT because this isn't about them, and the people bringing them up don't understand that they have two different management teams and styles of promotion. Please keep the discussion to BTS only.

I am not shading or criticising them either. Just bringing up for comparison to why people are complaining. I know they have different management teams taking care of them.

• wait I just listened to jin's ost and it's fire :ragec::ragec: . his voice really suits this type IMO.

i was too busy watching all the drama to actually listen till now lol :pepe-tea:

I didn't see any drama until like an hour ago, thank fuck. I won't speak on it anymore after this thread, it's too tiring to argue with people who just want to demonize the way BTS is managed. The company always knows more than the person typing hate tweets.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I am not shading or criticising them either. Just bringing up for comparison to why people are complaining. I know they have different management teams taking care of them.

People shouldn't compare the two at all though. And the fact that they feel like one of the biggest acts in the world is being harmed over not getting a tweet or IG story...it's not official BTS work that will be counted towards the group's success.

BTS has made it clear over the years that if they want to do solo music projects, they have to go and do it themselves.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• People shouldn't complain at all, the fact that they feel like one of the biggest acts in the world is being harmed over not getting a tweet...

It was interesting another user here mentioned agencies never promote osts. I guess then the promotion is on the production management of the ost ? Cos I saw Astory entertainment share a lot of tweets, giving info about the OST.

• It was interesting another user here mentioned agencies never promote osts. I guess then the promotion is on the production management of the ost ? Cos I saw Astory entertainment share a lot of tweets, giving info about the OST.

The Kpop entertainment companies (Big 3, HYBE, Fantagio, Cube, RBW, etc) don't. Is that correct NEO?

AStory is literally a company producing K-dramas, they're not the same.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Yea as in astory was the one giving info about yours. I assumed since it’s under their production/channel, they were sharing info.

AStory is producing Jirisan, but Dreamus is distributing the OST.

Another song from the OST shows the same thing:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

And that's the problem...

:pepecry:

Focus should be on things like this masterpiece

External Content open.spotify.com

:pepe-sad:

• Guess it depends on the distribution company then. Hybe is not affiliated with Dreamus, but Dreamus is SME's main music distributor, so that might be why they have tweeted in SNSD and RV's cases.

It depends more on how the label wants to promote their artists. They aren't doing it for free - they still get a share of what the performing artist receives because they've signed a 360 deal. But it isn't enough to justify a full promotion cycle.

• If they can do it for txt, they should be able to do it for bts too its not that hard to tweet things or retweet an article

also not one link for jungkook's falling cover on twitter

honestly this shitty attitude reeks of how companies like sm treat treat their senior artists and i'm not here for it X/

Umm no where is BTS being treated as other company artists. Mistreatment accusations over tweets are too extreme and unnecessary.

• Both of their OSTs are awesome!!! I don’t know why they didn’t post the cover on twt(I don’t think they have ever tbh). They only dropped an Insta story for JK’s cover and J-Hope’s blue side full version song. But I understand the complains when BH is doing for another group, but aren’t doing it for BTS. This type of selectivity is bound to cause criticism

People mad over TXT having their group OST getting a tweet are ridiculous imo....especially when MOAs had no clue about it at all until the day it dropped.

• People mad over TXT having their group OST getting a tweet are ridiculous imo....especially when MOAs had no clue about it at all until the day it dropped.

More than being mad at TXT or one specific group, they are angry over the management team. As we all know both groups have different management teams allocated to them. Both teams are being compared, I think the consensus is that BTS’s team aren’t doing a better job as compared to the other when it comes to managing their socials. However, people crying and calling this mistreatment need to take a step back and think rationally. Mistreatment is not a easy word to throw around. And their constant accusations without any type of evidences aren’t helping in discussions either

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• More than being mad at TXT or one specific group, they are angry over the management team. As we all know both groups have different management teams allocated to them. Both teams are being compared, I think the consensus is that BTS’s team aren’t doing a better job as compared to the other when it comes to managing their socials. However, people crying and calling this mistreatment need to take a step back and think rationally. Mistreatment is not a easy word to throw around.

While they could be angry at hybe the hate ultimately shifts to other groups which is pathetic...mistreatment allegations over lack of tweets/retweets are nuts.

Different groups require different promotion but yeah they could of posted a link to YouTube for JK cover. That was weird.

• What i meant was that these type of dufference in how they treat their artists is what i would expect from sm and not bighit

yes its not a big matter in the long term we will forget about this until the next time they do this again lol

If bighit suddenly acted differently then one could form that assumption. But they are like this since the debut, at least what I know of. Does that mean BTS was never their priority even when they were the only group under them? I don’t like the narrative that BTS is being pushed away to make way for someone else when it is not true. Also don’t see how this is relevant to op’s topic.

• Promotion varies based on company, but at most all I've ever seen is a tweet with a link to the press release announcing it and then a retweet to the video. There's very rarely anything more than that.

Doyoung did an OST for Yumi's Cells and the only company related promotion it got was him posting about it's release on Bubble. Super Junior K.R.Y just did an OST for The King's Affection and there also wasn't a peep about it. However I do believe that when Shownu did an OST for Tale of the Nine Tailed last year that the official Monsta X account retweeted the link to the video.

• If bighit suddenly acted differently then one could form that assumption. But they are like this since the debut, at least what I know of. Does that mean BTS was never their priority even when they were the only group under them? I don’t like the narrative that BTS is being pushed away to make way for someone else when it is not true. Also don’t see how this is relevant to op’s topic.

Surely bighit can change for the better

From posting gift songs only on soundcloud to posting it both on soundcloud and youtube

Is it too much to wonder why they can't do it for bts too if they can do it for their other acts?

I never said the thing in bold :shyy:

• They don't do this for bts and they did it for txt (once? not sure)

that's all we are discussing

And I'm sure that at some point in the last 8 years they've promoted a side project for BTS at least once as well.

• Surely bighit can change for the better

From posting gift songs only on soundcloud to posting it both on soundcloud and youtube

Is it too much to wonder why they can't do it for bts too if they can do it for their other acts?

I never said the thing in bold :shyy:

You do realise that depends on the boys requesting right? That’s why some of the boys songs are in YouTube and some only in soundcloud. Yes. That’s why my point focuses on their management team being different. One is going out, while another is chill. Now depending on the status, BTS doesn’t need it, but it will still be nice to see something.

When you mentioned priority, I assumed that’s what you were saying. If it is not then okay.

• loads of bullcrap when u see how bh is treating solo endeavors by txt. Different staff or whatever is an excuse . either way there is no such "policy".

And it's not like the boys dont care or jin wouldn't be posting about it on weverse. An artist default is be proud of his work and wants more people to listen to it.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!