Kpop fans are so contradictory '-'

• How many times did i see kpop fans getting trigger when they saw media saying that only teenager like kpop fans, saying how it's a stereotype and it's wrong

but once someone do a thread asking " do you see yourself listening to kpop when you'll be an adult ? " most of them say that they will stop listenning to kpop when they'll be old because they think that kpop will no longer be for them

you can't disagree that it's pretty contradictory

saying that most of kpop fans aren't young people and there's old people too and then say that you'll stop listening to kpop yourself at one point because you'll consider yourself too old to listen to kpop '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• It's also weird when people get grossed out by old kpop stans.

I can agree that if people are doing self-insert ships with teenagers that's weird af (tbh, I've always thought shipping real people is weird af) but most older kpop fans just like the music. It hasn't stopped being upbeat and fun, and songs like that are always popular. You only have to check the Billboard Hot 100 to see plenty of examples.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I dont watch variety shows or comeback stages (tho I've been watching a few here and there on weekends, anyone want to suggest some good GG ones :eyes: )

but I will say I dont see myself not being a fan of kpop. it will always have a place in my heart

Tw: depression

• Yeah I literally don't get why some fans get shocked when people say they still listen as an adult or continue to listen?

At the base of it all K-Pop is music. Music is for all ages so if you like the music why stop? I'm in it with K-Pop as long as I continue to like the music being produced!

~ ω

• Yeah I literally don't get why some fans get shocked when people say they still listen as an adult or continue to listen?

At the base of it all K-Pop is music. Music is for all ages so if you like the music why stop? I'm in it with K-Pop as long as I continue to like the music being produced!

exactly

sometimes i think that kpop fans just enforce stereotypes about kpop fans

when they act like the media are wrong when they act like kpop is just a phase in people lives and it will not become mainstream

especially when you listen to some kpop fans who doesn't really care about if the music will still be good or not

and just act like kpop is a phase, and once they are too old they'll no longer listen to kpop

it's like saying once i grew older i'll stop listening to hip hop or pop music because i'm old

it just intensify the stereotype that kpop is for young people and there's an expiration date to be a kpop fans and it's just a wrong philosophy

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Kpop fans are really indeed young overall but a lot of fans are not really teenagers. They are already between 18-25 years old. So yeah teenagers really represent an important part in the Kpop community but this is not a generality.

In these type of threads, only the young Kpop fans will answer and few older Kpop fans because the question is not for them so while some young Kpop fans enforce the stereotypes regarding the community, some kpop fans just assume their age and their passion.

Kpop is pop music (with some specificities) and I don't really get why you should stop listening to it after a certain age.

I also really don't get when they are saying that they will stop listening to Kpop when they will be married or whatever. I was married for a while and I never renounced to my hobbies just not Kpop because it was important for me to keep them. To each their own. They probably think that they won't have any time for Kpop while growing up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!