Top 3 Kpop Male Groups In Japan Are…?

• Assuming nearly everyone can agree on Top 2 Kpop boy groups in Japan currently being;

#1 BTS

#2 SEVENTEEN

Who would be the top 3 in your opinion? (Please keep it civil)

In my opinion, I think it’s TXT.

Now, I don’t actively follow TXT’s accomplishments, but from what I see they do make a lot of buzz every time they promote in Japan. If I remember correctly, they were the 2nd foreign male act after Seventeen in history to chart 4 consecutive albums at #1 on Oricon Album Charts. Definitely a honourable accomplishment, especially considering how young the group is. Plus, it’s easy to notice how quick they are growing in Japan seeing the hype surrounding their upcoming Japanese EP.

However, despite what I think, there can be more room for discussion, since I could be missing something.

• MassiveKpopFan what do you think? Am I missing something? I kind of feel like I am…

3rd is a tie between TXT, ENHYPEN, and SKZ.

SKZ's sales more than doubled since their previous Japanese comeback, but their digitals need to be more consistent.

ENHYPEN's Japanese debut sold more than 250k but their digitals don't stack up to SKZ or TXT yet.

TXT is the most balanced for now. They've charted on Japan Hot 100 since their 1st Japanese release even with Korean title tracks, and their last 2 albums (chaos chapter + repackage) combined sold over 180k on Oricon. Their comeback will tell who's in 3rd for now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You know, I had the exact three groups in mind as well— lowkey was a struggle. But, yeah, honestly I would agree to that as well.

• No one did it except Enhypen.

ENHYPEN Charts on Twitter
    “Kpop Groups who sold more than 100,000 copies on Oricon for a korean album: • ENHYPEN (NEW) • BTS • SEVENTEEN • SNSD • TWICE • EXO • NCT @ENHYPEN_members…
    mobile.twitter.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now another album is the best selling Korean album by a 4th gen group on Oricon but only because it's 2 albums combined.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They broke a 6 year old record.

They were the first 4th gen bg that entered top 3 BB HOT 100Japan.

In conclusion, Enhypen are the 4th gen kings of Japan.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Enhypen is going strong as ever, definitely contenders. Their physicals are great in Japan. I think they are definitely part of the three contenders (TXT, Enhypen, & SKZ) for top 3.

• Also this.

They charted #29 on Billboard HOT 100 Japan with their Korean track.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Enhypen is going strong as ever, definitely contenders. Their physicals are great in Japan. I think they are definitely part of the three contenders (TXT, Enhypen, & SKZ) for top 3.

Their digitals are also great, they were the first and only 4th gen bg to chart in top 3 on BILLBOARD HOT 100 until SKZ entered at #2 recently with their latest Japanese single.

sFWYLKc.gif

• I think Enhypen, but people mentioning TxT or specially Stray Kids instead of NCT are hilarous. Idk in what moment kpopers assumed SKZ are all that on Japan, TxT has hype there but they heavily promote on Japan and they sell like 127 or Dream, nothing else.

Enhypen undeniably are the ones actually scary on Japan if they keep that fandom and grow it even more.

I'm still waiting for a japanese NCT Dream release too btw, because I feel like people aren't aware of how much they have grown there.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• About TXT they do not have exaggeration because of sales or achievements, but because they carry their sales and songs internationally. His Japanese songs in well-known animes, his song in a drama and his entry in the hot 200 in the United States. They are good at Japanese digital either with a Korean or Japanese song. Now we do talk about sales rankings in Japan most of the time TXT returns when a group of JE makes their return. this month TXT will return in the same week as Naniwa Danshi, this group is shaping up to be this year's rookie monster. This is an example of how TXT is seen internationally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!