Kep1er contract is 2.5 years long

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• omnimorphism

Changed the title of the thread from “Kep1er contract will last for 2.5 years” to “Kep1er contract is 2.5 years long”.
  • Merge?

• MNH Spots is reporting that Kep1er is scheduled to finish its activities on July 3rd as WakeOne Entertainment failed to reach an agreement with the members' agencies.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• MNH Spots is reporting that Kep1er is scheduled to finish its activities on July 3rd as WakeOne Entertainment failed to reach an agreement with the members' agencies.

It would have been better to make a thread of its own for this one

• So.. which company said no?

Isn't Hikaru from the company of XG, could they want her to join? I could see this being a thing.. since XG is already doing very well it could not hurt to bring her in and maybe gain some Kep1er fans.

Other than that I can think of Xiaoting possibly wanting to return to China :melon_think:

• It would have been better to make a thread of its own for this one

you are right no this one

I searched for 'Kep1er contract' and 4 threads came up, why create a 5th?

Plus this should be talked about in the Kep1er thread anyways.

• So.. which company said no?

Isn't Hikaru from the company of XG, could they want her to join? I could see this being a thing.. since XG is already doing very well it could not hurt to bring her in and maybe gain some Kep1er fans.

Other than that I can think of Xiaoting possibly wanting to return to China :melon_think:

Didn’t the ceo confirm Hikaru isn’t joining ? I read from somewhere.

Hikaru was cut from XG before the group was formed, so no she is not joining them.

Machiro and Yeseo are going to join Limelight, the company already announced that the group will add new members later on this year, everyone expects M and Y to be added.

As far as I know, they are the only 2 with specific plans after disbandment.

For Yujin, this is most likely her last Girl Group, I doubt that she would want to start all over again, she probably is the one that would like to extend the contract, otherwise she may go into acting.

Chaehyun is signed with Wakeone, so she would be the easiest one to extend.

Dayeon is with Jellyfish, no idea if they are planing a new GG, or she may want to do solo projects.

Huening is with IST entertainment, same company as weeekly, I do not know if they have a new GG project.

Xiaoting, I have no clue what she would want to do.

Youngeun is with 'Biscuit entertainment' I have never heard of that company. As the main vocal, Wakeone would need her to extend her contract for sure.

• For Yujin, this is most likely her last Girl Group, I doubt that she would want to start all over again, she probably is the one that would like to extend the contract, otherwise she may go into acting.

Last GG for sure. She could try solo if she wants to remain an idol. It will be hard to succeed but I do think she could sell enough to make it financially viable.

Yeseo and Mashiro will definitely give a huge boost to Limelight.

• So their disbanding this year??

Most likely, that was the original plan.

• I won't be surprised if the whole 'let's renew' is just a media-play to make sure that fans will go and buy one more album in first half of 2024

we need to remember that WAKEONE will manage I-LAND 2 group and this survival show starts in april

altough there is a chance that actually WAKEONE wants to expand and focus on managing more groups this way, without the whole process of of having big group of trainees under their roof that they would need to train, feed, and house for years

this is simpler way especially if we consider that wakeone is CJ ENM subsidiary and after all CJ owns MNet

so they are paying and creating that survival show to later gain money

this is why Wakeone will probably have their own very small limited number of trainees in I-LAND 2, maybe 3-4 of them hoping for another Chaehyun

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!