Just finished 'To the Beautiful You (2012)'

• Just finished this drama for the first time ever. I've always wanted to see it but could never find an English sub until I found out Viki was a thing.

Overall I enjoyed it. But the suspension of disbelief is strong with this one lol. I know its from a manga but I've noticed a lot of manga and America comics don't seem to translate well in live action. This has the Superman disguising himself with just a pair of glasses thing going for it. I thought it was hilarious that even when she dressed up as a girl during that contest they still thought she was a boy lol. That's really pushing it. Also how did she go so long in track without being caught? There's no way she was competing on the same level with the boys. That's an automatic red flag.

As you can see I had some problems. But for the most part it was watchable. Sulli and Minho are great as the leads but its Lee Hyun Woo who steals the show here as Jae Hee best friend Eun Gyeol.

And even though it was cool at first hearing all the SM songs in the background it got old real quick. We get it! This is an SM PRODUCTION!!!

Also why would a boy group (EXO K) perform at a boys school party? Wouldn't you hire a girl group instead? Let these guys enjoy life some. Damn lol.

Last thing I wanted to say.

Sulli. This show is the perfect reminder of one of the most beautiful souls we've ever had in Korean Entertainment. And I'm not just saying that cause shes my ultimate bias. Her performance was a crushing reminder of what we lost. A giant ball of Heaven this girl was.

Tagging a few users who might be interested in this thread.

Lulu_Key

soshilovelife

Also emanresu. Have you ever thought of giving this one a try?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly my mom has been kdrama fan much before me being a kpop fan

TTBY is her fav drama of all time

she has seen it like 5-6 times

Hana Kimi is one of my fav childhood mangas

I loved seeing Sulli and Minho playing leads on it

I highly disagree about the sound tracks

I listen to its OST album regularly

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had that drama in my legendary dead hard drive. I've never watched it as I was told it was a rip-off of You're beautiful and I didn't want to give the show a try, I would love to give one now. It's true what they say you never know what you have until you lose it.

I only got to see Sulli act in her Hotel del Luna appearance and it was such a bittersweet moment to see her acting all bright and to know she was no longer around in real life...

• I highly disagree about the sound tracks

I listen to its OST album regularly

I actually love the opening "Butterfly" by Jessica and Krystal and closing "Stand Up" by J-Min theme songs.

I just mean the random SM group songs playing in the background when our characters were out in public.

• true. i was overwhelmed by the SMness of the drama.

I'm surprised they even let that guy from ZE:A be in it lol.

• I had that drama in my legendary dead hard drive. I've never watched it as I was told it was a rip-off of You're beautiful and I didn't want to give the show a try, I would love to give one now. It's true what they say you never know what you have until you lose it.

I only got to see Sulli act in her Hotel del Luna appearance and it was such a bittersweet moment to see her acting all bright and to know she was no longer around in real life...

Sulli is actually an amazing actress. She was delivery Oscar worthy performances when she was 13 years old.

Just watch some of these clips from "Punch Lady (2007)". This level acting is beyond any other idol by miles. She could have been one of tge best actresses of her generation if she didn't go into kpop.

• I enjoyed the drama, but the plot was ridiculous lol

This has the Superman disguising himself with just a pair of glasses thing going for it. I thought it was hilarious that even when she dressed up as a girl during that contest they still thought she was a boy lol. That's really pushing it. Also how did she go so long in track without being caught? There's no way she was competing on the same level with the boys. That's an automatic red flag.

it made no sense :cryingr:

And even though it was cool at first hearing all the SM songs in the background it got old real quick. We get it! This is an SM PRODUCTION!!!

Also why would a boy group (EXO K) perform at a boys school party? Wouldn't you hire a girl group instead? Let these guys enjoy life some. Damn lol.

this too :angryr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!