Girl crush is not a mutualy exclusive concept

• We need a concept flair T.T

What bothers me the most is when people say that aespa has a girl crush concept because SM is trying to replicate BP's success, and MYs get really defensive really fast and say "NO THEIR CONCEPT IS FUTURISTIC AI" or anything similar.

Listen, I know this BP comparison is honestly tiring, and is usually an excuse to start a fanwar, but saying that aespa have not a girl crush concept is living in another reality. What is Girl crush? at least to me is a concept that portrays female idols as powerfull woman, an xender d shows the more "aggresive" side of their personality. And there are many ways to show this: claiming that you are the best, get out of a toxic relationship, fighting with a virtual reptile, going crazy altogether, etc, etc. Just like there are many ways to be cute, like nobody claims that Oh! and Cheer Up can't be cheerleader concept because they are cute? or Bad Boy omegle isn't sexy because it is girl crush? hope you get the idea.

This is what bothers me, MYs are almost denying reality to take aespa out of the comparison with BP (and the gazillion other groups that are currently doing girl crush) and make them stand out, but I feel like with the whole "futuristic ai" aespa themselves said "this is how we do it and nobody does it like this", just like D4 did for Blackpink (who were compared to 2NE1), and just like Fire did for 2NE1 (who were compared to Big Bang).

• This video tries to explain the concepts in kpop, but they go too far the other way IMO, they try to create more categories to show diversity.

For example, space concept? school concept? circus concept? Really? the video creator thinks they deserve their own category?

Some can be borderline

Girl crush vs teen crush.

Cute vs dream/fairy

My Personal opinion.

1. Cute

2. Fairy/dream/fantasy(I would put magical here)

3. Girl Crush/ Girl power

3.5 Teen Crush (not as strong, when groups have under age members, but I can see how this one can be merged with Girl Crush)

4. Dark

5. Sexy

6. Mature/Elegant (not sexy, think Apink "dumhdurum")

7. Retro

8. Weird? odd? other?

Some other possible concepts (Futuristic, Fun)

This video may be a better one explaining concepts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!