Produce 101's contestants are so talented, all these survival shows look so disappointing

• If u don't watch pd101 1st season yet, u better stay that way cuz u can't watch the other survival shows without being disappointed with the quality of the contestants

But i think gp999 is better than pd48 tho

• P101 were not (that much) more talented, the nostalgia just got you guys by the neck

Which I understand cuz P101 will always have that interest factor that differs from what I get from other survivals (especially season 1). But still

• If anything newer survival shows lack extremely untalented trainees (like ones who weren’t competent)

The Sohye story and similar ones to it are forever the best

The only worthy to call team avengers

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Live vocals from yeonjung way better than many current ggs

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I didn't but didn't the japanese also criticised their performances??

I don't think so...

The only thing I remember in the show is that Kento from DA PUMP who was judge in the 2nd season got a breakdown after he first ever had to give some people a bad rating and he cried: "It's not easy for me. I want to be nice but I have to give some people of you a bad rating, you have to understand that"

Many contestants in both seasons actually were pretty good dancers and a lot also used to work as dancers before. Hiroto from INI as example also used to work as background dancer for Taemin and Ren from JO1 was background dancer for WANNA ONE and PENTAGON. Many people did a lot as dancers. A few also were in other boygroups before or used to be trainees somewhere. At first, especially season 1 it was rumored that trought a bit changed laws most people were not trained in dancing/singing before but that was not true because a lot people who had applied and used to be normal worker before or students they went to dace academies a lot of the times in their freetime so a lot people had allready experiences.

The only one in JO1 who never really practiced dancing before was Sho. Everyone else in JO1 had experiences before since Ren was background dancer and dance teacher, Mame was dance teacher, Ruki was in another boygroup, Shion was an trainee under FNC Entertainment before and the other member went to dance-classes in different dance academies

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I agree with your point at least vocal wise but I’d like to point out that Produce 101 and IOI destroyed Yeonjung’s vocals, her heavy straining for the high notes made her technique reduce and she never went back to where she was before.

I don’t consider those high notes a good thing for her, as in the long run she did have health problems due to those, which a lot of people forget.

I am glad she gained a lot of popularity due to her vocals though.

• I agree with your point at least vocal wise but I’d like to point out that Produce 101 and IOI destroyed Yeonjung’s vocals, her heavy straining for the high notes made her technique reduce and she never went back to where she was before.

I don’t consider those high notes a good thing for her, as in the long run she did have health problems due to those, which a lot of people forget.

I am glad she gained a lot of popularity due to her vocals though.

Yeonjung is still the best vocalist in 3rd gen tho and can hit the high notes. She won v1 and other singers admitted yeonjung is on another level

• Yeonjung is still the best vocalist in 3rd gen tho and can hit the high notes. She won v1 and other singers admitted yeonjung is on another level

3rd gen? I'd say she makes top 10-15! But at the lower ranks -- her teammate Dawon is stronger! Both are there. I think you're talking about her musicality -- not technique as technically you have to just to be powerful to hit high notes but technique is harder. So I saw her on V1 and she was very good in terms of emotion/pitch but her technique has regressed since PD101. Still a very exceptional vocalist and my bias!

Maybe... 1.Dia 2. Uji -- Gap-- 3. Wendy --Gap-- 4. Wheein at peak 5. Solar 6. Seunghee 7. Yuju (at peak was 6th!) 8. SPICA's Bohyung 9. Hwasa 10. Sejeong 11. Dawon 12. Pristin's Sungyeon 13. Kei/Dreamcatcher's Yoohyeon 14. Yeonjung! 15. SPICA Kim Boa [Sixteenth may actually be Jihyo btw!]

Melody Day's Yeoeun would be there somewhere? Matilda's Haena and maybe even Semmi as well. Someone from Sunny Day, pretty sure there's a really big gap between Sejeong and Haebin so she may not be here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!