Companies really want to end 3rd gen ggs this year

• Right again, I wanna make a thread about this with you. And in regards to TXT, they have only have more 1 main b-side that has to reach 10M. The rest are remixes, Japanese versions, OSTs, and instrumentals which almost never receive the same hype.

I consider like instrumentals and remixes stuff to be more of a bonus track than actual songs in the tracklist. Also, a thread on it would be fun but it sounds like so much work ;(;(;(

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• I consider like instrumentals and remixes stuff to be more of a bonus track than actual songs in the tracklist. Also, a thread on it would be fun but it sounds like so much work ;(;(;(

We can work on it a day at a time or something, I enjoy talking with you.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• We can work on it a day at a time or something, I enjoy talking with you.

Yeah, if you want that's fine just drop me a message or something. :shyy::shyy::shyy:

On an unrelated note, there's a TXT song and I've heard it like 5 times on TikTok and still don't know what it is, I think a member said "fcking" in a live performance at one point, it's kind of rock? What song is that?

• Yeah, if you want that's fine just drop me a message or something. :shyy::shyy::shyy:

On an unrelated note, there's a TXT song and I've heard it like 5 times on TikTok and still don't know what it is, I think a member said "fcking" in a live performance at one point, it's kind of rock? What song is that?

fucking? That would be the queen Loser=Lover.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• fucking? That would be the queen Loser=Lover.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I keep singing that one line at 0:56 to myself at random points of the day so I thought I should finally listen to the full song.

• I don't think that's just a 4th Gen issue tbh, outside of BLACKPINK and BTS you don't really see a huge number of B-Sides get insane streams in the 3rd Gen either, that's why I (personally) find TXT extremely impressive, I believe they only have 1 song and a remix below 10m streams, which looking at even popular 3rd Gen Groups is an impressive achievement. Stray Kids too just for the sheer bulk of B-sides they're able to get to at least 10m.

Exo exist they have many many MANY b sides with over 10 mil streams. And the eve(a b side) is at 100mil. And they have a bunch of songs at 20-25mil.

EXO’s b sides do well in Korea and on Spotify.

• I don't think that's just a 4th Gen issue tbh, outside of BLACKPINK and BTS you don't really see a huge number of B-Sides get insane streams in the 3rd Gen either, that's why I (personally) find TXT extremely impressive, I believe they only have 1 song and a remix below 10m streams, which looking at even popular 3rd Gen Groups is an impressive achievement. Stray Kids too just for the sheer bulk of B-sides they're able to get to at least 10m.

I don't think there's a group out there that promotes and has content for b-sides as much as Stray Kids. That naturally leads them to having more streams and attention.

• What'd you think?

It's a chiller song than I thought, the pre-chorus does give me goosebumps though and the chorus bops. I think I'll add it into my chill playlist.

I really do need to try and get into TXT, I was obsessed with Soobin for like a week (after their Jessi interview) but then never really listened to any of their songs ;(;(

• It's a chiller song than I thought, the pre-chorus does give me goosebumps though and the chorus bops. I think I'll add it into my chill playlist.

I really do need to try and get into TXT, I was obsessed with Soobin for like a week (after their Jessi interview) but then never really listened to any of their songs ;(;(

Oh girl I'm def DMing you, hold on

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• well I've always said those who forget history are doomed to repeat it...

history and precdent wise

look at the amount of GG actively promoting (music) post 30

look at the amount of GG who all resign after first contract expiration

look at the amount of GG who resign and promote music and somewhat successful

• Honestly, I'm just curious as to which 4th Gen group will chart on the Hot 100 or UK Official Charts or something like that first. I see a lot of impressive physical sales but the songs almost feel neglected to a degree or at least compared to their albums.

I think until now only bts & BP charted on those charts 👀

Obviously aside from soloists like psy & cl & group members solo releases

• Since I saw someone mentioned somewhere something about b-sides, I wanted to say that Enhypen's bsides blow up a lot too. Fever isn't their title track yet it went viral and surpassred their title track + became the most streamed 4th gen bg song on spotify which is impressive for a bside. In their debut album, let me in - another bside - also got quite lot of attention

• Seems like BP are the only 3rd generation girl group that are still at the top currently, I can’t think of others. And I don’t think it’s companies trying to “end” the girl groups. This also happened to the previous batch of girl groups, it’s when they start hitting the 6-7 year mark.

i think exo done pretty good in bsides streams too if i am not wrong

• Seems like BP are the only 3rd generation girl group that are still at the top currently, I can’t think of others. And I don’t think it’s companies trying to “end” the girl groups. This also happened to the previous batch of girl groups, it’s when they start hitting the 6-7 year mark.

except korean digitals they doing great in every metric there is a large gap between twice spotify streams and youtube views after their next best performing group inc both boy groups and girl groups

They also got their largest piece of investment in their 5th year which isn't normal at all, as most companies can't afford to manage their groups like that. Blackpink in general have just never been manged like a kpop group so naturally don't follow their cycle. Big Bang were similar having odd years off, doing solos/subs/acting etc whilst the group was still very popular.

By taking away investment of time and money towards the end of their contracts they are effectively ending them. A lot of companies don't want to keep girl groups past the 7 years as the negotiation for an extension will include better terms for the idols on top of wanting more investment into their careers. Why do that when they can debut a new girl group on favourable contracts and invest early in that 7 year guaranteed (sort of) revenue source. The new JYPE GG didn't even need a name or members and they sold 60k.

• Since I saw someone mentioned somewhere something about b-sides, I wanted to say that Enhypen's bsides blow up a lot too. Fever isn't their title track yet it went viral and surpassred their title track + became the most streamed 4th gen bg song on spotify which is impressive for a bside. In their debut album, let me in - another bside - also got quite lot of attention

IDK if you saw me say it, ENHYPEN is also doing well, they just don't have enough albums out yet. They're already proving to have excellent fan interaction with the songs. It's why I think they're a top 3 4th gen bg in like 2 comebacks, all they need is to catch up in overall sales and they're right there with SKZ and TXT. They already are in terms of charting on BB200 along with TXT.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!