A Question for fans of SM groups

• It seems like the general consensus in allkpop is that we are forcing ourselves to listen to music we don't like, that we are lying about genuinely liking it and that we dab into brain washing and conditioning to be able to stomach our faves' music (which we definitely don't like). So let me ask you all, are you masochists? are you in love with Lee Sooman? is that why you force yourselves to like a group from SM and pretend to like their music?

discuss :pepepizza:

• Because I

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some people just don't want to admit sm makes some pretty darn good songs sometimes

• Yes

i just don't care about eating

buying clothes

or using my money to hang out with my friends

that's why i spend my money in album of artist that i don't really like and hate their music

so i can lock myself in my chamber and torture myself streaming their music until my ears bleed

that's how i like to live my life, so i guess yes i'm masochist

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• They haven’t said that about EXO so far and if they do they’ll have me to deal with :pepe-cut:

It’s kind of funny that ppl who stan groups whose music I also consider a miracle to become hits are now saying this about SM’s recent releases. Like at one point I was wondering everyday wtf was wrong with kpop Stans as well :pepe-joy:

So I just think of it as different folks different strokes.

• Because I

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some people just don't want to admit sm makes some pretty darn good songs sometimes

lie #3

• Haechan broke into my house and told if I don't listen to all of NCT's music he's gonna make fun of me online. :sadface:

• lee sooman is my dad and i want to support him. he said i can marry jeno if i do

• I personally don't understand when some people say a lot of SM groups songs are messy, disjointed, or like it is so shocking. I find songs like Hot Sauce, Next Level, And Savage (for example from the recent releases) that get those critism to be normal? The only song from this year that i will call shocking is Sticker because it sounds so different from what i've heard so far. I guess i just like that kind of songs? I mean i LOVE wolf the moment it was released so..:wellr:

• i just like torturing myself in that way yk

listening to songs that kill my braincells

• I personally don't understand when some people say a lot of SM groups songs are messy, disjointed, or like it is so shocking. I find songs like Hot Sauce, Next Level, And Savage (for example from the recent releases) that get those critism to be normal? The only song from this year that i will call shocking is Sticker because it sounds so different from what i've heard so far. I guess i just like that kind of songs? I mean i LOVE wolf the moment it was released so..:wellr:

sounds like brainwashing to me

• but the general consensus is that we can't possibly genuinely like ANYTHING. it is all lies

I have been attacked by my fandoms for saying certain songs were trash. You are not allowed to think some of the releases are trash. it's weird and I don't get it. I think most of them are just genuinely lonely and have no friends lol, that's why they develop this strange loyalty to their faves who do not even know they exist.

• I have been attacked by my fandoms for saying certain songs were trash. it's weird and I don't get it. I think most of them are just genuinely lonely and have no friends lol, that's why they develop this strange loyalty to their faves who do not even know they exist.

we citizens of the Neo City guild can't relate.

serious talk, i think it is more acceptable in NCT's fandom because of the unique format of the group, what's with the different unit having each their own different sound. it would be almost crazy to expect anyone to like every single song for every unit. it is not realistic.

• It seems like the general consensus in allkpop is that we are forcing ourselves to listen to music we don't like, that we are lying about genuinely liking it and that we dab into brain washing and conditioning to be able to stomach our faves' music (which we definitely don't like). So let me ask you all, are you masochists? are you in love with Lee Sooman? is that why you force yourselves to like a group from SM and pretend to like their music?

discuss :pepepizza:

The quality of the SM Idols' discography is like no other. But you know music taste is about preferences, it's so subjective that many can't understand that some tasteful fans like SM Stans can love SM music.

In short, it's all about the music for me and how SM idols are created and how they turn out as total packages, the rest don't matter(especially opinions of non SM stans who hate SM stans and SM idols).

External Content youtu.be

• I love SM groups but Lee sooman? Eww. Goodness gracious.

Untitled122.jpg

And about the music, I do like most of their songs even some of the experimental ones. I absolutely love the discography of their solo artists like Taeyeon, Taemin, Baekhyun, Wendy etc.. But there are also those that really don't click with my taste. Similarly, there are also SM songs that truly sounds better the next time you listen to it.

The one common denominator why I like SM artists is their vocal delivery. No matter how weird their songs are and even if I don't jam to it, the vocal works will remain amazing.

That's what kept me glued to Soshi, Fx, RV and now aespa. Their vocals is something I can't find from others hence why I always return to them.

That's how exo made me came back to kpop after leaving in 2012. "What is love" is an absolutely vocal masterpiece

• I also don't care for Lee Sooman at all, since he rarely makes any appearances anywhere.

If it helps, you can find im in Hyoyeon's Second Tiktok promotions.

External Content youtu.be

• The quality of the SM Idols' discography is like no other. But you know music taste is about preferences, it's so subjective that many can't understand that some tasteful fans like SM Stans can love SM music.

In short, it's all about the music for me and how SM idols are created and how they turn out as total packages, the rest don't matter(especially opinions of non SM stans who hate SM stans and SM idols).

my problem here is if i don't like an artist's music i don't go and insist that their fans are lying about liking it so why can't everyone do the same? :pepe-cut:

• lol yeah, I am tired of this bs too.

If anything I blatantly say when I don't like a song from my favs but keep my negativity to myself if it's not by my favs. If I say I like a song then I like it. Simple as that.

Savage is a huge BOP! Only the line "We love u navies" is on crack with the MV.

lt64IYu.gif

• This thread contains 69 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!