Official list of girl groups f(x) paved the way for

• fx show champion.jpg

For noobs who think kpop was born in 2017 I'd like to just take a second to educate you on all the current girl groups f(x) gave birth to.

f(x) was a girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2009 and they were the originators of teen crush concept.

List of girl groups molded after f(x):

Red Velvet: A much softer version of f(x) with a much softer experimental sound. Recieved a lot of songs that were originally meant for f(x).

Weki Meki: Strong teen crush vibes and weird songs. Sound familiar?

Itzy: The most obvious. Younger 5 member teen crush group to older 9 member nation girl group. Where have I seen that before? Hmm...

Secret Number: Strong f(x) clone with foreign member having insane popularity. Queen Victoria anyone?

StayC: If Chu married NuAbo they would give birth to StayC.

Aespa: f(x) on steroids.

Thats all I got for now.

Hope you learned something today :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• F(x) is one of the first groups who have introduced electropop, EDM & synth-pop to kpop.

Exactly.

While 2NE1 was doing strong girl crush concept with hip hop style f(x) was bringing a very distinct synth pop sound to the scene. Most evident in the Pinocchio, Hot Summer, Electric Shock trilogy of songs.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Exactly.

While 2NE1 was doing strong girl crush concept with hip hop style f(x) was bringing a very distinct synth pop sound to the scene. Most evident in the Pinocchio, Hot Summer, Electric Shock trilogy of songs.

I was so obsessed with this song back then. :lover1:

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don’t know if I can agree with the exact groups listed, but I do think f(x) popularized/introduced a lot of genres and sounds we hear in K-Pop today. They were a lot more impactful than what people will give them credit for.

• I was so obsessed with this song back then. :lover1:

External Content www.youtube.com

I've seen a lot of comments online from people saying f(x) Hot Summer was the song that introduced them to kpop. It was huge back then.

Still a banger today.

• :pepe-tea: this thread shall escalate soon

Why do you live for chaos lol

This is an honest thread. I didn't start it with intention to bring the community crumbling to the ground lol.

• Why do you live for chaos lol

This is an honest thread. I didn't start it with intention to bring the community crumbling to the ground lol.

sir, you could have pure intentions and a thread will still escalate because ppl cant accept simple facts :pepe-hehe:

this thread doesnt have a bad intention and its clear you just wanna appreciate f(x)'s contribution to kpop

• Exactly.

One of the very first kpop sogs I heard was electric shock - the one feature Anna Kendrick

It's a good song

• sir, you could have pure intentions and a thread will still escalate because ppl cant accept simple facts :pepe-hehe:

this thread doesnt have a bad intention and its clear you just wanna appreciate f(x)'s contribution to kpop

The only fandom I can see maybe having a problem with this thread is Revuluvs.

There is still hostility between the two fandoms even today.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!