My First Listen to Itzy's Crazy In Love album

• Actually this is the first Itzy album I listen to and I'm going to do live commentary while streaming the album (but I'll keep it all in one post).

You know the drill, I'm no professional. This is going to be highly subjective so please keep that in mind and don't take my opinions to heart.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Loco: I thought it was a bop since the MV came out, the vocals are a bit too high but it's not much of a bother and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the song. I also find that I enjoy the song as a standalone as much as I did when I watched the MV.

Swipe : :pepemusic: another bop. This is like NCT127 Lemonade's sister.

So Lucky : yet another bop, brighter and more in a fun laid back way. I actually enjoy how they sound here, the lyrics are repetitive but I find it catchy instead of annoying.

#Twenty : So far I think this is my least favorite song. I think the hook missed the point and kinda detracted from the initial vibe of the song because it sounds a bit childish while the verses sounded badass. And in the case of this song the repetitiveness is quite annoying. The bridge had too much potential but it was too brief.

Boom-Boxx : so-so. I think the singing parts don't fit their vocals and singing style at all. They can sound good with the right song as was evident in So Lucky but this wasn't it imo.

Gas Me Up : this is nice and unique. I love the constant changes in beats but some of the rap could have been better.

Love Is : this is different from the rest of the album so far. The build up to the chorus was very nice and boom the chorus delivered, that was beautiful. The harmonisations during the pre-chorus were a nice touch and a pleasant surprise. Alright I think this climbed to the top of the list right away.

Chillin' Chillin' : wow this is great from the get go. They sound playful and sultry, I like it. Another nice build-up to an even nicer chorus.

Mirror : I think this is nothing special but it's not bad either. It's just not something I'd want to listen to again.

That will be all. I think my least favorite songs are #Twenty and Mirror. Boom-Boxx is somewhere in the middle. The rest are all bops, especially Love Is, Swipe and Loco.

Like I said, this is the first time I listen to an Itzy album and I enjoyed it so much.

• Byleth  @zuzuhhaa I think you are the only Itzy fans I know. What do you think of my review?

link it, i didn't see and avoid any thread with their name these days ;(</3 (they're usually turning into my vs. midzy wars)

• im a clown

im out of it

ignore me :love:

Edited once, last by zuzuhhaa ().

• Loved your reviews , I really relate to you review on chillin chillin , that song is my best after loco and swipe

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• Loved your reviews , I really relate to you review on chillin chillin , that song is my best after loco and swipe

I'm glad you liked it.

Chillin' Chillin' is one of the best songs in the album imo and was of my personal favorites. The song itself is very good but the girls attitude and delivery elevated it even more.

• i agree with you :thumbup:

chillin chillin is probably my favorite song in the album but loco is really good imo :saint:

Moved the thread from forum K-POP to forum Reviews.

Moved the thread from forum Reviews to forum K-POP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!