What do you think of NCT 127's The Rainy Night?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:peperain:

• Absolutely gorgeous. It really does feel like being wrapped in a warm blanket on a rainy day. :pepe-comfy:

The bridge and Taeil's note at the start of the final chorus got me like 2x

• i listened to this the other night to make myself even sadder

this song and no longer are long lost siblings

76214-ezgif-4-015c4c9bd36a-gif

• Absolutely gorgeous. It really does feel like being wrapped in a warm blanket on a rainy day. :pepe-comfy:

The bridge and Taeil's note at the start of the final chorus got me like 2x

Was about to ask who did that high note in the chorus. Was it Taeil again?

I listened white night and there too I loved his part.

Love this song btw. On the playlist with Road trip, Focus and Promise you.

:pepelove1:

• I live for NCT power vocal moments. Make Your Day is one of my all-time faves - it’s a classic r&b piano ballad that lets the vocals shine in the tradition of many of my favorites and I was very hopeful for a song like that on Sticker.

The Rainy Night is the perfect sequel to that song. It lives in the neighborhood without being a duplicate - the sound is stripped back to let the emotional and gorgeous vocals shine with NCT’s vocalists each taking a moment to express tender aching moments with exquisite vocal control while also opening up for yearning belting runs. Plus those beautiful ad libs underneath? Stahp.

There’s really a ridiculous amount of vocalists in 127 - all of their leads could easily be a main in another group (to the point that I’ve thought for all these years that Haechan is a main when he’s a lead.)

Together it’s an intoxicating blend: the power and richness of Taeil, the emotional purity of Doyoung, the buttery warmth of Jaehyun, the delicate ache of Jungwoo, the striking and powerful color of Haechan. AHHH.

I especially love the way Haechan leans into his lower register, which we don’t often get to hear in his vocals (we’re hearing it more throughout this album and I’m living for it.)

(This is the same combo on NCT 127’s other gorgeous ballads like No Longer and Make Your Day, btw.)

Everyone knows about the way NCT creates ambitious and challenging instrumentals and songs but I hope more people can understand this current of appreciation the group has for a traditional r&b ballad.

This is the kind of song that Rainy Night is referencing:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(One of Taeil’s favorites to sing and the Neos always stop to listen to him sing it)

External Content youtu.be

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!