Are any of y'all also 1st gen K-pop enthusiasts?

• I haven't been an active user here in a while (like, before the site purge), and I've only recently rejoined. So, are there any other people on AKP who enjoy 1st gen K-pop here? Who are your favorite groups? Your favorite songs? I don't know, I'm just looking to find more of y'all here and I think this would be a good introduction post for me. :S

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• I hate to say it but this thread is gonna get 1 or 2 replies tbh. We can discuss 1st gen, though.

Actually...yeah, I've seen, like, a bunch of the active users here and none of them look like they're remotely interested in 1st gen K-pop and stuff. The farthest I've seen them go is a handful of 2nd gen GGs. Maybe I can be the one 1st gen nerd on here. :wellr:

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• Actually...yeah, I've seen, like, a bunch of the active users here and none of them look like they're remotely interested in 1st gen K-pop and stuff. The farthest I've seen them go is a handful of 2nd gen GGs. Maybe I can be the one 1st gen nerd on here. :wellr:

we have something in common. 1st gen is amazing in terms of idol groups and other non-idol 90's groups and singers. Koyote and Cool made amazing upbeat songs.

• we have something in common. 1st gen is amazing in terms of idol groups and other non-idol 90's groups and singers. Koyote and Cool made amazing upbeat songs.

Koyote & Cool? I don't know those as much, I don't really delve into those types of groups. Excluding SM artists (admittely, I have a pretty big bias towards them :S ), one of my favorites is Diva. I love the kind of style they went for in their first three albums, their 2nd especially. I did listen to their 4th album, although I only have Crazy, Everybody Sing a Song, & Destiny saved. I have yet to listen to their full discography, though I probably should get on that...

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• I got into kpop during 2nd gen.

So my knowledge of first is pretty limited.

Buy I definitely have some favorite songs and are aware of some of the acts.

A few favorites.

Honestly they don't make kpop like this anymore. Tis a shame

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

• I would like this to play at my funeral.

• g.o.d. are up there as one of my favourites

External Content www.youtube.com

Cool is a given. Having watched Korean films/tv shows/varieties since the end of the 2000's all the classics that get played a lot are ingrained in my head

I only discovered this song because Twice covered it recently but it's a jam

One of my favourite earlier ballads as well

There are other classics from the era such as I'm Your Girl (SES), Come to Me (MILK), Dear Mother (go.d.), No.1 (BoA), I'll Be There (Swi.T), multiple Rain songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!