Apparently, this is who Mnet wants the top 9 to be for Girls Planet 999

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tbh, if this was true I wouldn’t be surprised. Mnet has taken a liken to girls like Myah & Hseinwei who are popular but prob not seen as likely to make the final lineup (as of now)

And these girls are quite young too, which I could see Mnet wanting, especially after kicking out older girls from lineups like Haein on Idol School & Kaeun on Produce 48 ;(

But you would have to yank out girls like Yujin, Bahiyyih, Hikaru, Ruiqi, Cai Bing, etc for this to be a likely outcome, and Mnet isn’t stupid enough to rig it again (I hope)

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• Lubby00

Changed the title of the thread from “Apparently, this is who Mnet wants the top 9 to be” to “Apparently, this is who Mnet wants the top 9 to be for Girls Planet 999”.
  • No way, this is so dumb that if Mnet does manage to "adjust" the votes (as in Mnet snakes will cheat once again) nobody will bother to listen to them.

This time it's not just Koreans voting, it's the whole bloody world. And we're not stupid.

We'll expose them so fast their whole roof will fall down on them.

• I'm sure Msnake will find a way to get their picks in the group. There is no way they're gonna invest millions into the show and the GG without getting the members they want, no music label or any media production like a movie or TV show is gonna let randos from the GP decide the cast or members.

Did Msnake specifically say that the 9 members would be picked solely by Korean/International votes? Did they leave themselves any wiggle room to be able to control the final outcome?

Even now, i bet CJ execs are analyzing members to see who which mix of nine girls offers the best combination of chemistry, popularity, talent and visuals. Girls gotta get along ok, they gotta be able to grab uncle fans' attention and pocketbooks, they gotta be able to give off whatever concept or image CJ wants, etc.

They're just gonna have to be super clever about the rules as the show goes on (like putting people they dont want into unpopular "cells" to get rid of them).

• Whilst this does mostly line up with how the show has been edited imo (except no Hikaru)

What exactly is their plan to get Yujin out?

Forget that misleading Top 9 ranking, Yujin is the real #01 contestant at this point in the most competitive group and they would need her to drop to like 6th in K-Group to be rid of her

• I heard multiple people say that the vote priority are as follows: Korean 50%, Japanese 20%, Chinese 20% International fans 10%. Mnet will just give the ones they favor a desirable edit and the wants they don't like a terrible edit. It works most of the time.

• I heard multiple people say that the vote priority are as follows: Korean 50%, Japanese 20%, Chinese 20% International fans 10%. Mnet will just give the ones they favor a desirable edit and the wants they don't like a terrible edit. It works most of the time.

No the problem is that it doesn't work and that's why they were exposed for rigging the show during produce x era

• didn't mnet want cai bing for the gpngg? she always got good placings after the demo stage, top 9, praise from judge (and hardships which means screentime), even during the 99 ooo performance she got the baronaya screentime which made her really stand out

Edited 2 times, last by merekede ().

• i'm not watching because i want to be able to support the final group without feeling bitter about whoever will inevitably "rigged in" or "robbed of their spot". so long as the music they put out is good most people will be able to get over their picks not debuting anyway

• people never cared about Yujin just like they never cared about CLC

They just give them a lot of lip service and just vote Yujin because she a recognizable name

I will concede I do find it strange that one of the least popular members of a vaguely successful K-pop group is dominating this competition, she isn't my pick but I am not ignorant I can see she is clearly popular and a fair competition is more important to me than my preferences

The next vote will tell us allot more than this one, it will be far more obvious what everyone is voting on so will be at-least a little more accurate (in the context that we now know it is 3 different Polls, Girls aren't competing against other Nations contestants only their own at this point)

Even I was unsure about the last vote and thought right up until the last moment that the Ranking vote influenced the Planet Pass decision when they confirmed it was simply just the Judge's pick

If Yujin is still K-group #1 after the next vote than it is done, would take legit physical changing of the votes to deny her at that point

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!