Stray Kids Jisung posts apology

• Honestly, not my apology to accept and even if he was 14 when he wrote that shit it’s still fucked up.

Really damn disappointed in him.

Edit: and context for people

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fans in the comments: You don't need to apologize, we love you.

Kpop stans are something else

Some people in my fandom are just...

Just let him apologize - if it doesn’t impact you don’t talk about it.

That’s what I did, and will continue to do.

This apology was necessary to compensate for the people and groups he hurt.

• wait I can't see anything (sorry lol), what does it say ?

"Hello, this is Stray Kids HAN.

First, the lyrics I wrote around 2013 when I was 13 years old have caused great concern to fans and many others. Without any excuse, this is completely my fault. I sincerely apologize.

I wrote the inappropriate lyrics with only the single thought of wanting to rap during my irresponsible, younger days. I apologize for hurting so many people with the lyrics written without thinking enough.

Due to this incident, I was able to think deeply while reading comments that many had left, as well as the lyrics I wrote in the past.

The reason why I chose to become a singer was so I could express myself through music and connect with many people. Because of this, I feel greatly ashamed of myself for writing such lyrics in the past.

As I fully understand that such behavior cannot be excused simply because of young age, I will reflect upon my actions deeply.

I will always cherish the love and support sent by fans globally and will become someone who stands on stage with a righteous heart.

Once again, I sincerely apologize to all of those who I have scarred due to my past behavior."

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• wait I can't see anything (sorry lol), what does it say ?

here you go, a translation

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• here you go, a translation

thanks guys <333

• he should have clarified that his adult more mature self doesnt agree anymore with the hate speech those lyrics were conveying to be honest (well i hope its the case at least)

• Here are my thoughts,

At that age people are usually pretty ignorant as you are still very young, especially if you live in a country where there isn't much diversity and their society constantly puts emphasis on their beauty standards. I do believe he knows at this age that saying those things is hurtful and wrong.

He should apologize and he did, now we can move on. I think it's right to forgive him since most of us say and do stupid things when we are younger. As you grow older you mature, you educate yourself, you learn that saying some things can be very hurtful to others and they have consequences, you change.

So not just in this case, but when someone has apologized for wrongful things they've said years ago the right thing would be to move on, cos usually you are not the same person you were years ago, and you can't cancel someone forever just because they've said something in the past that they no longer mean.

p.s: i don't understand those fans saying he shouldn't apologize... like he said some pretty bad things ofcourse he should, he needs to take accountability for his actions, it's the right thing to do.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• I believe in him. He already said before this exposed, he is completely ashamed of the person he was and the lyrics he wrote when he was young.

I'm glad he did his part of take responsability for what he did. People whom his words affect choose accepting to forgive or not.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

• I'm glad he took accountability for this, partially because JYPE's usual motto is to ignore situations and hope they pass, though Stray Kids specifically have owned up to their problematic behavior before (for the most part).

That said, not my apology to accept, so other than I hope he continues to be more responsible with his words and actions, not much I can really say.

• ya really about roast a 14 year old for writing edgy lyrics?

Im not even a fan but this isn't about him. rap use to have literally threats in them by adults. Context matters, you faux educated bastards

Get literally fucked. This pisses me off more than the actual lyrics does and I am black.

Edited once, last by Yuckfire ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!