I feel kind of bad for Irene

• It's crazy how people went from "omg Irene ice queen I love how she looks so cold :lover1: " to "why doesn't this bitch smile more?" like overnight after the scandal.

• Of the people I feel sorry for, she doesn't even make the list. Look, I agree that she doesn't deserve all the bashing, after all, she did the PR work and the actual victim already forgave her. But to say we need to feel sorry for Irene because she needs to smile a bit more in an MV or act nicer in public is ridiculous. Poor her, she can't use her cold ethereal aura anymore... That makes no sense, since from what I've seen, she's basically the same as before. :pepe-tea:

• The difference is that Soojin\CUBE handled the whole situation poorly while Irene apologized several times and the stylist forgave her. Soojin hasn't even given out an apology for all we know, that's enough for the public to drop her. Maybe if she and CUBE took a few notes from Irene\SM and Hyunjin\JYP she wouldn't be in this situation. :wellr:

if you’re gonna bring Hyunjin into this. I don’t see JYP having Lia apologize to her supposed victim. Soojin’s worst offense that I’ve read was calling someone ugly in middle school, I don’t see why she should get cancelled for not apologizing for that. Irene made a grown woman cry with several people from the industry actually supporting her statement. Sure she accepted the apology, doesn’t make what Irene did fall into oblivion.

• This is actually funny, she had an army shielding her and she still retained her popularity, her goods sold x3 of other members, her fandom didn’t even shake.

• Why are people assuming OP is actually feeling bad for Irene or wants anyone else to do so?

They are a sarcastic Karen

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• y'all acting as if you never made a mistake and never ever acted rudely, suddenly everyone is a saint

she admitted to it and apologized and at the same time some of y'all faves don't admit to their mistakes and act as if nothing has ever happened, cowards :pepe-toast:

• stealing

didnt this happen in October of last year? why are people still bringing it up, what she did wasnt right

but the people still bringing it up aren't in the right either.

I just think, if the victim forgave her and moved on…those not involved nor affected (we) should should move on as well.

Tbh… I think it’s even rude to use someone’s mistreatment as a weapon to witch-hunt someone.

• When I clicked on this thread and saw that selfmate responded I was expecting a mature opinion on this matter from selfmate, instead I got a interesting.....

fine...since you asked

1. every body must be accountable for the consequences of their actions

2. the consequences of her actions (regardless of your or my opinions) have been dealt with...it with the stylist and the stylist accepted her apology and moved on. Furthermore she effectively took a leave of absence for god knows how long from social media/activities etc - in other words she did her time for her "crime"

This would be akin to a person committing an irl crime and getting punished jail/fines etc and getting out of jail - should they continue to get punished? no but

3. whether an individual chooses to forgive her as a fan/non-fan etc that's entirely up to that person...the system (kpop/social media/SM/stylist etc) has deemed her punishment fitting...what i mean by system is the law or the legal ramifications...an example is Seungri with 3 years jail time that's what the system/law has deemed a punishment - individuals may or may not decide that such punishment is ok or severe or not severe enough

cf Derek Chauvin...

4. Thus it ultimately belies on each individual to determine the extent of what that individual believes to be an appropriate punishment in their eyes...whether Irene has paid her dues or whether she hasn't paid enough

• if you’re gonna bring Hyunjin into this. I don’t see JYP having Lia apologize to her supposed victim. Soojin’s worst offense that I’ve read was calling someone ugly in middle school, I don’t see why she should get cancelled for not apologizing for that. Irene made a grown woman cry with several people from the industry actually supporting her statement. Sure she accepted the apology, doesn’t make what Irene did fall into oblivion.

I don't really think it matters what Soojin did as everyone sees it as her having bullied someone and not taking responsibility for it and even vehemently denying it. Regardless of how extensive the bullying was, the way Irene and Soojin handled it were both completely different and I think the way Irene handled it is alot more commendable. It shows that you're a big enough person to acknowledge that you did something wrong and make amends with that person you wronged. As for Lia, I feel like she got lucky that her scandal didn't blow up to the extent that Soojin's did and she (or JYP) was kind of able to brush it under the rug. If her scandal was as big as Soojin's, she definitely couldn't have just stayed silent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!