A KOREAN group having 3 ENGLISH songs in the top 10 of JAPANESE charts is clever.

• So today I was checking Spotify daily update on each Asian country and find out BTS have 3 songs in the top 10 in Japan (the entire top 3 to be exact) and all of them are their English singles so I was searching for other Japanese charts such as Apple Music, AWA, Japan Hot 100, YouTube Japan, and you can really tell the songs have attract many non fans listeners specially Dynamite that is almost one year old and still being so stable within top 10.

I think this is really interesting considering the target (I assume) wasn’t Japan but rather western countries specially considering for Japan Hot 100 they are only thriving thanks to digitals because they have 0 physicals which helps a lot plenty songs.

• I don't think anyone could have predicted how well their english songs would do in Japan, on the surface it seems like these songs have a lot going against them (non-japanese songs, a foreign act, not being promoted immediately upon release, no physicals, etc) but they are all shattering records in Japan and elevating BTS much higher than they were before in terms of popularity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!