Girls Planet 999 EP 2 Review

• that's a clip for you then

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:sadr:

It's easy to forget, but for the many groups and idols that savor some degree of success, there are many more groups and idols who end up with their dreams, aspirations and hopes never being fulfilled :oops:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• :sadr:

It's easy to forget, but for the many groups and idols that savor some degree of success, there are many more groups and idols who end up with their dreams, aspirations and hopes never being fulfilled :oops:

That's true and I still think this kind of show and opportunity is already much bigger stage than they've ever been.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Su Ruiqi was by far the best imo. Truly an ACE like you said. The improvement from now since last year when she competed in China’s produce camp is huge. And she didn’t even get to really show off her rap, which if I remember correctly, was arguably what she’s best at.

Based off what we’ve seen so far, I actually prefer over China’s number 1 ranked.

• just wanna say this I'm not saying she's bad but at this point honestly there is 40 if not 50 girls which impressed us more, yet I'm sure Bahiyyih will make it to the next rounds.

She's bad though.

^^^^

Unnecessary and literally I cant even find the girls names

Actually, Mnet showed their names clearly on each video in hangul.

• that's good that at least someone could figure out who's names they were.

Bahiyyah is very young right? Maybe she'll learn later. Or she'll "develop" in the show like Minju Hyewon and Sohee

Bahiyyih (pronounced as baa-hee-yeh) was born in 2004 so, they were younger trainees outperforming her.

Minju, Hyewon and Sohye were seen as visual. I don't think can enjoy the same visual advantage considering Korean beauty standard.

• I like Wow thing most

But some of these performances doesn't seem like live. Esp. paradise lost... I am not sure about snapping either. Anyway do any of you trust mnet bc I don't

:pepe-back-away:

I hear natural pitch variance in all the songs. Even Snapping and Paradise Lost. Wow Thing was impressive too with all the vocal runs.

I was underwhelmed by Roada.

The only performance that was more suspect to me was the Twice one where that one popular girl was way more in tune than the rest of her teammates.

So many people seem to be suspicious of Mnet auto-tuning. Sure, you can do it very subtly, but we couldn't really tell if they wanted to be really subtle. I'm way more suspicious of Chinese survival shows applying pitch correction, but it has been a lot more obvious to be fair.

These are just first impressions and auditions, so looking forward to seeing more people emerge. Losing half the groups is pretty brutal though, it seems like a lot of girls could just be unlucky.

• Ngl it's been a little disappointing, like every series they cant sing, but it seems they're making them sing so its particularly stark they cant sing,,,

Unpopular opinions: snapping and gogobebe weren't great. I didnt find them enjoyable to watch. Snapping was too forced and expressions made me cringe. Gogobebe didnt look great and vocals were off. Mr chu was terrible.

The best one was Wow thing I think. It really drew me to dayoung who had a really nice gaze and facial expression, dance and vocal.

Favourite girls so far:

- yeseo

-yujin

-cai bing

-yurina

-dayoung

• Snapping is hard to do well especially if you're going to compare it against the original.

If you compare it to Chungha, you're going to be unhappy no matter what because very few people are as flexible and fluid as she is in her dancing. Her solo choreo emphasizes her strengths.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!